Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good Areas on the Sunshine Coast

Good Areas on the Sunshine Coast

Old Oct 7th 2005, 9:49 pm
  #16  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: North East
Posts: 65
Michelle & Chris will become famous soon enoughMichelle & Chris will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Good Areas on the Sunshine Coast

[
Hi

Brother in-law has just moved to Brisbane, he seems to think that trades people get paid well in Oz compared with UK. My husband is plumber and the brother inlaw says there's loads of jobs. They are possibly not the kind of jobs that are advertised on web pages. I'll ask where he's seen them.

M
Michelle & Chris is offline  
Old Oct 8th 2005, 10:05 am
  #17  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Dreamaway 10's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 987
Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Areas on the Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Areas Cooroy is a fab small town bit everyone knows everyone tho and most have known them since birth but thats like most small towns, had to laugh one of them Kenilworth the council put a bench outside the docs surgery doc had to get it removed as people were bringing a packed lunch and watching who went in and out.

Buderim and mountain creek are great, dont know about being for old people, both would be at least 50% young families probably more, the schools are so popular most have zones and more schools are being planned, all the good privates around there too. About 45 min drive from cooroy in rush hour tho theres often roadworks.

Perigian springs, OMG we lived there, yes its snobville and very desperate housewives but oh so middle of nowhere its cars out to get anywhere, its attractive in a upmarket aussie way lots of new houses with the bins all lined up in the designated place . Theres lots of kangaroos there on the empty land and pom guests always thought they had landed in heaven, I thought I had died and gone to suburban hell

Not too hot - just dont go inland then stick near the beach side of things, dont expect to see the beach up near noosa tho unless you have a few million to spend :scared: Nice areas - easy like anywhere in OZ the more you pay generally the nicer the area is perceived to be.
Thanks for the information.
Interesting to hear what you have to say about Perigian Springs and understand where you are coming from and maybe a new area like that lacks character.I guess what we really want is somewhere with a community but also somewhere that has a lot to offer as the children grow,they are only young at the moment and all they want to do is build sandcastles and play on the beach.Pity Buderim is not a bit closer to Cooroy.Where we live now although it is a big village is similar to what you say about Cooroy as most people know each other a lot of families have lived ther all their lives and news travels fast around the village so we would probably be okay.
Dreamaway 10 is offline  
Old Oct 8th 2005, 10:54 am
  #18  
Forum Regular
 
The Bread Knife's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Noosa Qld
Posts: 82
The Bread Knife will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Good Areas on the Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
Iam sure that others may have asked this before but just need more info if possible.
We are looking at heading out to the Sunshine Coast as soon as well sell the house.(that's another story).
Hubby has been offered a job in Cooroy.
We went over back in August to validate our visa's and stayed in Noosa.
We did not have very long and looked around the areas as much as possible.
We liked the look of Buderim although very big,Cooroy,Perigian Springs various others that I cannot remember to hand.
I do not want to sound like a total snob but we live in a good area now in the UK and to us its vital that we live in a good area in Oz even if we can only afford a small house.
Honest answers as to where is not too hot to live would be very much appreciated.
We have two young children and really do want to get it right for them.
Thanks for any feedback in advance.


Hi,

We have just moved to Noosa and we love it here [paradise]. Yes it is a bit pricey but there are fab areas just around which are affordable.
Tewantin is really nice with a good choice of houses, close to hinterland and close enough to Cooroy [15km]. The school at Tewantin is really good, large school with excellent facilities. My son [10] has been there for 2 months and loves it.
We are renting at the moment just to see what area best suits. But certain areas of Noosa are a bit expensive, so we were thinking of maybe 10 mins drive to the hinterland and you get better value for money eg. Doonan, Tinbeerwah, Sunrise Hills.
Good luck!!!

The Bread Knife
The Bread Knife is offline  
Old Oct 8th 2005, 11:11 am
  #19  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Dreamaway 10's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 987
Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Areas on the Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by The Bread Knife
Hi,

We have just moved to Noosa and we love it here [paradise]. Yes it is a bit pricey but there are fab areas just around which are affordable.
Tewantin is really nice with a good choice of houses, close to hinterland and close enough to Cooroy [15km]. The school at Tewantin is really good, large school with excellent facilities. My son [10] has been there for 2 months and loves it.
We are renting at the moment just to see what area best suits. But certain areas of Noosa are a bit expensive, so we were thinking of maybe 10 mins drive to the hinterland and you get better value for money eg. Doonan, Tinbeerwah, Sunrise Hills.
Good luck!!!

The Bread Knife
Thanks for the reply breadknife we drove through Tewantin and liked the look of it we saw a beautiful Queenslander for sale a bit out of our price range though .But we can dream.Glad to hear that your son has settled into school that makes you feel much better.
Dreamaway 10 is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2005, 6:48 pm
  #20  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,172
Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good Areas on the Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by Michelle & Chris
[
Hi

Brother in-law has just moved to Brisbane, he seems to think that trades people get paid well in Oz compared with UK. My husband is plumber and the brother inlaw says there's loads of jobs. They are possibly not the kind of jobs that are advertised on web pages. I'll ask where he's seen them.

M

hi - is that specifically brisbane (not GC or SC)?? my hubbie is plumber and it would seem brisbane has more to offer job wise than either SC or GC.

j
Rooksie is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2005, 10:12 pm
  #21  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: North East
Posts: 65
Michelle & Chris will become famous soon enoughMichelle & Chris will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Good Areas on the Sunshine Coast

[QUOTE=Rooksie]hi - is that specifically Brisbane (not GC or SC)?? my hubbie is plumber and it would seem Brisbane has more to offer job wise than either SC or GC.

Hi

Yes they are living in South Brisbane, a suburb called Cleveland (something). They are planning to remain in the Brisbane area and so the jobs they have been looking at are for that area. He's an electrical engineer and she a teacher.


cheers


Michelle
Michelle & Chris is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2005, 10:34 pm
  #22  
BE Forum Addict
 
CathnPaul's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Mountain Creek,Sunshine Coast
Posts: 3,596
CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Areas on the Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Areas Cooroy is a fab small town bit everyone knows everyone tho and most have known them since birth but thats like most small towns, had to laugh one of them Kenilworth the council put a bench outside the docs surgery doc had to get it removed as people were bringing a packed lunch and watching who went in and out.

Buderim and mountain creek are great, dont know about being for old people, both would be at least 50% young families probably more, the schools are so popular most have zones and more schools are being planned, all the good privates around there too. About 45 min drive from cooroy in rush hour tho theres often roadworks.

Perigian springs, OMG we lived there, yes its snobville and very desperate housewives but oh so middle of nowhere its cars out to get anywhere, its attractive in a upmarket aussie way lots of new houses with the bins all lined up in the designated place . Theres lots of kangaroos there on the empty land and pom guests always thought they had landed in heaven, I thought I had died and gone to suburban hell

Not too hot - just dont go inland then stick near the beach side of things, dont expect to see the beach up near noosa tho unless you have a few million to spend :scared: Nice areas - easy like anywhere in OZ the more you pay generally the nicer the area is perceived to be.
we have family in Mountain creek, coolum and Yandina and will hopefully be settling in Mountain creek eventually. It has been really reassuring the posts about the schools in the area. We had been on the schools website but to actually hear the schooling is good is a really big relief.

Cheers for that posting.
CathnPaul is offline  
Old Oct 11th 2005, 3:37 am
  #23  
I need a beer.....
 
snappy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: The ville and the beach :)
Posts: 809
snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Good Areas on the Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Hi - are there any jobs for plumbers on sunshine coast?? i have looked at internet job sites and cannot find a single one!?!?!!

Hi Rooksie

We spent a few months in Maroochydore and loved it there. It has just about everything you need along the Sunshine coast. There is loads of building work around so your hubbie will have no worries getting a job there.

It does tend to be ring up and talk direct to people rather than advertise for jobs over here in the construction trade especially....well at least that is what I have come across.

Sasha
snappy is offline  
Old Oct 11th 2005, 8:10 am
  #24  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,172
Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good Areas on the Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by snappy
Hi Rooksie

We spent a few months in Maroochydore and loved it there. It has just about everything you need along the Sunshine coast. There is loads of building work around so your hubbie will have no worries getting a job there.

It does tend to be ring up and talk direct to people rather than advertise for jobs over here in the construction trade especially....well at least that is what I have come across.

Sasha
thanks sasha matey
Rooksie is offline  
Old Oct 11th 2005, 8:15 am
  #25  
BE Forum Addict
 
debbiemc's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
Posts: 3,155
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Areas on the Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by The Bread Knife
Hi,

We have just moved to Noosa and we love it here [paradise]. Yes it is a bit pricey but there are fab areas just around which are affordable.
Tewantin is really nice with a good choice of houses, close to hinterland and close enough to Cooroy [15km]. The school at Tewantin is really good, large school with excellent facilities. My son [10] has been there for 2 months and loves it.
We are renting at the moment just to see what area best suits. But certain areas of Noosa are a bit expensive, so we were thinking of maybe 10 mins drive to the hinterland and you get better value for money eg. Doonan, Tinbeerwah, Sunrise Hills.
Good luck!!!

The Bread Knife
hiya bread knife, do you know where the nearest hospital is and does it have achildrens ward?

went to noosa and absolutely loved it.

ta debs
debbiemc is offline  
Old Oct 11th 2005, 8:15 am
  #26  
Dobro
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Essex to Perth via Caloundra
Posts: 100
huey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nice
Default Re: Good Areas on the Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by Rooksie
thanks sasha matey
Hi All,
I have lived and worked on and off on the Sunshine Coast for about 4 years in total now, quite a bit of it in the building trade.
I would really recommend Buderim.Its pretty central,the prices are really beginning to rocket and its not too far from the beach(Mooloolaba).Dont really go much on any areas north of the Maroochy river myself but each to there own.

Huey
huey is offline  
Old Oct 11th 2005, 10:20 am
  #27  
Forum Regular
 
The Bread Knife's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Noosa Qld
Posts: 82
The Bread Knife will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Good Areas on the Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by debbiemc
hiya bread knife, do you know where the nearest hospital is and does it have achildrens ward?

went to noosa and absolutely loved it.

ta debs
Hi Debs,

There is alot of work for nurses round here, in fact most of the friends I have made are nurses. I don't know about the childrens ward but I can find out unless someone else on the site knows.

The Bread Knife
The Bread Knife is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2005, 1:12 pm
  #28  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,172
Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good Areas on the Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by sara-anthony3108
hubby a builder same here cant fine any jobs advertised .. they say they r crying out for all trades .. one thing I know is money not brill and u need to get all sorts of docs before u can go self emplyed ..
where abts on sunshine coast r u looking at ..

sorry must have missed this before!!!

i am looking at areas with catholic schools and so far i have come up with:

Nambour - bit far out!!
Sippy Diwns - also quite far out
Caloundra
Maroochydore

can anyone shed some light on the above choices please?

thanks

Rooksie is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.