British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Good areas and schools upper north shore (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/good-areas-schools-upper-north-shore-382617/)

canaveral Jul 2nd 2006 7:05 am

Good areas and schools upper north shore

Hi Can anyone help with good areas and schools on the upper North shore? Also does anyone have any children at Davidson High and know anything about the school?
Thanks for your help in advance!

Rudi Jul 4th 2006 11:09 pm

Re: Good areas and schools upper north shore

Originally Posted by canaveral
Hi Can anyone help with good areas and schools on the upper North shore? Also does anyone have any children at Davidson High and know anything about the school?

Sorry I can't help with an answer to this. I just thought I'd bump it up for you to see if anyone else can.

Rudi
x

debilloyd Jul 5th 2006 4:51 am

Hi

I moved here in January and asked exactly the same questions before I arrived. I decided before I came that I would send my two girls to Killara High as it is the No 1 state school in NSW. However, we couldn't find anywhere to rent in January (rentals were scarce - well for decent quality ones) and so we ended up in St Ives which also has another very good high school. We love living there and the girls settled into school within days made lots of friends. I thought we would be miles from the beach but its only a 15-20 min drive.

We have friends who live in Davidson. It is a very nice suburb and my friend is seriously considering sending her two children there when they get to high school age. I can't vouch for the school myself as I haven't actually been around it but I do trust my friends judgement when it comes to schools.

Anyway, if I can be of any more help, PM me or just reply to this post.

Debs

canaveral Jul 5th 2006 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Rudi
Sorry I can't help with an answer to this. I just thought I'd bump it up for you to see if anyone else can.

Rudi
x

Hi Rudi :)
Not long till we meet now hopfully. Put the kettle on!

canaveral Jul 5th 2006 5:58 am

Originally Posted by debilloyd
Hi

I moved here in January and asked exactly the same questions before I arrived. I decided before I came that I would send my two girls to Killara High as it is the No 1 state school in NSW. However, we couldn't find anywhere to rent in January (rentals were scarce - well for decent quality ones) and so we ended up in St Ives which also has another very good high school. We love living there and the girls settled into school within days made lots of friends. I thought we would be miles from the beach but its only a 15-20 min drive.

We have friends who live in Davidson. It is a very nice suburb and my friend is seriously considering sending her two children there when they get to high school age. I can't vouch for the school myself as I haven't actually been around it but I do trust my friends judgement when it comes to schools.

Anyway, if I can be of any more help, PM me or just reply to this post.

Debs

Hi Deb
Thanks for your help! I have sent you a pm

Rudi Jul 5th 2006 6:20 am

Hi Rudi :)
Not long till we meet now hopfully. Put the kettle on!

It's already boiled dry!!!

Did you exchange yesterday? Are the packers there?!!

Rudi
x

HeatherandTim Jul 5th 2006 10:50 am

Hello,
Our son and daughter went to Davidson High School and it was good. But its been Three years since they finished. My daughter changed to a Senior Campus at Harbord for her last two years and I would highly recommend that too

canaveral Jul 5th 2006 2:51 pm

:)

Originally Posted by HeatherandTim
Hello,
Our son and daughter went to Davidson High School and it was good. But its been Three years since they finished. My daughter changed to a Senior Campus at Harbord for her last two years and I would highly recommend that too

Thanks