Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gonna be a Dad of an Australian!!

Gonna be a Dad of an Australian!!

Old Feb 12th 2005, 1:47 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gonna be a Dad of an Australian!!

wooooo hooooo congrats to u both
Old Feb 12th 2005, 2:55 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Big Congrats to you both!!!!

Make the most of your final few months together as a couple....when baby badge joins the sett, life will take on a whole new meaning
Old Feb 12th 2005, 3:33 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations to you both!!!

Wishing you a trouble free pregnancy and future birth of baby badge!!

Shell
Old Feb 12th 2005, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to you both. What wonderful news (aw, makes me feel all broody again!)

I wonder if bub's first words will be 'yadda yadda'?

Hope you enjoy every second of pregnancy and parenthood...it really is an amazing experience.

HP

p.s one for Mrs B....I used to go to the most brilliant pregnancy exercise classes in Melbourne called Preggi Bellies. It's low-impact aerobic and strength training (mostly done on a Swiss ball) specifically for pregnant and post-natal women - keeps your aerobic levels up but restricted movement and controlled heart rate. Would definately recommend it (they have classes all over Mel) when she gets a few months down the line. www.preggibellies.com.au
Old Feb 12th 2005, 8:19 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Badge
Indeed...don't worry I will recount every detail of nappy changing then. I can also arrange ringside seats if you fancy it.
Been there, done that, got the (mucky :scared: ) T-shirt....

Anya.
Old Feb 12th 2005, 8:35 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Bit of proper prior preparation and planning meant I got a dual cab ute...

Badge
Congratilations Badge, and what forward planning on getting a dual cab ute

Now all you need to do is sort out the baby seat!

Bye
Mark
Old Feb 12th 2005, 8:40 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Been there, done that, got the (mucky :scared: ) T-shirt....

Anya.
.......nothin' nicer than an orangey puke coloured t-shirt to greet your new neighbour wearing... :scared: ....I exchanged idle chit chat with her (a childless woman) for 10 mins...it wasn't until I shut the door that I realised.. ...oh joy!
Old Feb 12th 2005, 6:15 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cyclemark
Not sure what you mean by 12 months? As far as I know if the childs parents were born in the Uk then the child is British & can have a British passport anytime at all?
A 12 month time limit may apply if the parents are British 'by descent'. In that case the child needs to be registered as a British citizen within this timescale (or live in the UK later on) and there are other requirements for the parents to meet.

It's best to get the child's Australian and British citizenship fully documented as soon as possible. NEVER assume your child has a particular citizenship unless he or she has a citizenship certificate and/or an individual passport.

Making such an assumption can lead to a very nasty suprise for your child later in life.

Jeremy
Old Feb 12th 2005, 6:44 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to you both, that's fantastic news.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Feb 12th 2005, 8:26 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Excellent news Mr and Mrs Badge, many congrats.
Hugs
Sarah
Old Feb 12th 2005, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Badge

"Gonna be a Dad of an Australian!!"

Last night I became the proud Dad of an Australian daughter! At 4.50 am Sharon had a daughter at Kalamunda Hospital.

I rang her auntie (also in Perth) this morning and she congratulated us on our first Aussie bairn. Then it struck me, I'd never considered my offspring would be part of the "damn foreigners" set.

This is going to get some getting used to.

keel

Just to let you all know, Mrs B is with child. Why I am losing interest in posting so much on this site..or at least not in the numbers I used to..

And, I'm looking forward to it!! Does anyone else find the prospect of having children for the first time in Australia exciting/refreshing/wish they had? The thought of having kids in the UK would have made me feel very nervous. I would have had nagging doubts in the back of my head.

I find it interesting because we will not have to worry about dragging them away from the UK - as they learn about Australia we can learn more about it ourselves. You always get those UK vs Australia medical/education arguments - well as we never had any kids in the UK, we can just get on with it here...

I speak for us both when I say we feel blessed, I feel we have the perfect village environment in which to bring up confident, well educated, balanced, healthy kids, so all those coming out here planning to do the same - stick with it..it's not all bad here. I am looking forward to teaching my kids about the flora and nature in the back yard/paddock, if I have any sons, teaching them footy skills, punting, spiral kicking, passes. Any son of mine will be groomed to be the next Wallaby/Kangaroo scrum-half if he wants it. I think he will have the genes for sporting excellence if his parents have anything to do with it lol.

My wife loves the midwifes and the attitudes of the hospitals, she so far has great things to say. Most of the midwives she has met are Scottish. We are going public, with a bit of private care thrown in too.

Badge
Old Feb 12th 2005, 11:26 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Hey hey! Congratulations...

Best wishes
Kirsty and Alistair
Old Feb 12th 2005, 11:32 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JAJ
A 12 month time limit may apply if the parents are British 'by descent'. In that case the child needs to be registered as a British citizen within this timescale (or live in the UK later on) and there are other requirements for the parents to meet.

It's best to get the child's Australian and British citizenship fully documented as soon as possible. NEVER assume your child has a particular citizenship unless he or she has a citizenship certificate and/or an individual passport.

Making such an assumption can lead to a very nasty suprise for your child later in life.

Jeremy
Hi Jeremy,

I've been following the recent stuff on this and may be a little confused.

If the parents (on PR visa) of an child born in Oz, are both British 'otherwise than by decent' (and their parents are British 'otherwise than decent') does the child become British 'otherwise than by decent' if they register within 12 months? (Or is the child just British 'by decent'?)

Regards
Alistair
Old Feb 13th 2005, 6:47 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
Hi Jeremy,

I've been following the recent stuff on this and may be a little confused.

If the parents (on PR visa) of an child born in Oz, are both British 'otherwise than by decent' (and their parents are British 'otherwise than decent') does the child become British 'otherwise than by decent' if they register within 12 months? (Or is the child just British 'by decent'?)

Regards
Alistair
If the parents are British citizens otherwise than by descent, then the child is *automatically* a British citizen *by descent*.

Registration is not possible in these circumstances.

The reason it's advisable to get the child a passport asap is to avoid becoming one of the cases where parents *think* their child is British when it is not. This can happen in some circumstances where father is not married to the mother or parents are born outside the UK - usually it can be fixed by registration but there is a time limit.

The UK does not issue consular birth certificates in Australia.

With PR visas your Australia born child will also be Australian - but the birth cert proves nothing so you'll make life a lot easier by using form 119 and paying AUD55 to get a citizenship cert.

Jeremy
Old Feb 13th 2005, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

well chuffed for you and your wife badge, hope all goes well, let us know when when the little person is due to make an appearance

Trish

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.