Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gonna be a Dad of an Australian!!

Gonna be a Dad of an Australian!!

Old Feb 11th 2005, 11:58 pm
Badge

Default Gonna be a Dad of an Australian!!

Just to let you all know, Mrs B is with child. Why I am losing interest in posting so much on this site..or at least not in the numbers I used to..

And, I'm looking forward to it!! Does anyone else find the prospect of having children for the first time in Australia exciting/refreshing/wish they had? The thought of having kids in the UK would have made me feel very nervous. I would have had nagging doubts in the back of my head.

I find it interesting because we will not have to worry about dragging them away from the UK - as they learn about Australia we can learn more about it ourselves. You always get those UK vs Australia medical/education arguments - well as we never had any kids in the UK, we can just get on with it here...

I speak for us both when I say we feel blessed, I feel we have the perfect village environment in which to bring up confident, well educated, balanced, healthy kids, so all those coming out here planning to do the same - stick with it..it's not all bad here. I am looking forward to teaching my kids about the flora and nature in the back yard/paddock, if I have any sons, teaching them footy skills, punting, spiral kicking, passes. Any son of mine will be groomed to be the next Wallaby/Kangaroo scrum-half if he wants it. I think he will have the genes for sporting excellence if his parents have anything to do with it lol.

My wife loves the midwifes and the attitudes of the hospitals, she so far has great things to say. Most of the midwives she has met are Scottish. We are going public, with a bit of private care thrown in too.

Badge

Old Feb 12th 2005, 12:01 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gonna be a Dad of an Australian!!

Originally Posted by Badge
Just to let you all know, Mrs B is with child.
Mega congrats Badge !!! I'm not sure about losing interest in posting, you'll soon not have the time to post!
Old Feb 12th 2005, 12:04 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Congrats to you & Mrs B Badge.

How did aunty Hevs & uncle Hup take the news?
Old Feb 12th 2005, 12:09 am
Badge

as happy presumably as you will be when you see that my Karma tok you to 2 blocks... thanks wmoore for the Karma too...

Old Feb 12th 2005, 12:10 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Congrats to you & Mrs B Badge.

How did aunty Hevs & uncle Hup take the news?
With a flame-thrower in one hand and a huge drill in the other I shouldn't imagine.
Old Feb 12th 2005, 12:11 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Congrats dude/dudette!

We will be coming back to Aus in June(ish), as we have had a baby girl last May in the UK, and now my wife is expecting another in September, and as our families are in Perth we feel it`s the right time to go back for all the family support etc.

PLUS we were told by a sister-in-law in Perth that the govt. pay you $3000 for having a baby in Aus.

Another interesting thing I`ve heard (this one from this site) is that you can apply for a British passport for your Aussie born baby as long as it`s within 12 months of the birth, so we`ll be doing that for the new baby too. Both our kids will have dual citizenship.
Old Feb 12th 2005, 12:18 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

as happy presumably as you will be when you see that my Karma tok you to 2 blocks... thanks wmoore for the Karma too...

Thanks for that Badge, been waiting on that Karma to take me to 2 blocks for 3 months now.

We got our interview yesterday for Aus citizenship so hopefully within a few months we too will be Aussies.
Old Feb 12th 2005, 12:24 am
Badge

Originally Posted by Bordy
Thanks for that Badge, been waiting on that Karma to take me to 2 blocks for 3 months now.

We got our interview yesterday for Aus citizenship so hopefully within a few months we too will be Aussies.
Looks like wmorre jumped too...cos you now have a lot more than 2...
see, its who you know, not what you know..

Badge

Old Feb 12th 2005, 12:37 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Gonna be a Dad of an Australian!!

Congratulations Badge and Mrs Badge!!!!!!

Don't suppose you've thought of activities to do with a possible daughter, by any chance?!! *tongue firmly in cheek*

Wishing you both a trouble free pregnancy and birth.

Guess it's your shout then?!!!

Old Feb 12th 2005, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Hi Badge

Congratulations to you and Mrs B.

We are so glad that we came back to Oz to bring our daughter up. She has become a much more confident, outgoing little girl, which was really obvious to our friends who are out from the UK at the moment.

They just couldn't believe how much she has changed in 18 months.

Good luck and I hope eveything goes well for you (it normally does )

Regards

Jaykay
Old Feb 12th 2005, 3:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to the Badge family!!!

Will the baby be dressed in black and white instead of the more traditional blue or pink?
Old Feb 12th 2005, 3:26 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Well done badge! Congrats to you and the misses.... but does this mean you'll be looking for a bigger ute?

all the best (karma on it's way!)
Old Feb 12th 2005, 3:44 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to let you all know, Mrs B is with child. Why I am losing interest in posting so much on this site..or at least not in the numbers I used to..

And, I'm looking forward to it!! Does anyone else find the prospect of having children for the first time in Australia exciting/refreshing/wish they had? The thought of having kids in the UK would have made me feel very nervous. I would have had nagging doubts in the back of my head.

I find it interesting because we will not have to worry about dragging them away from the UK - as they learn about Australia we can learn more about it ourselves. You always get those UK vs Australia medical/education arguments - well as we never had any kids in the UK, we can just get on with it here...

I speak for us both when I say we feel blessed, I feel we have the perfect village environment in which to bring up confident, well educated, balanced, healthy kids, so all those coming out here planning to do the same - stick with it..it's not all bad here. I am looking forward to teaching my kids about the flora and nature in the back yard/paddock, if I have any sons, teaching them footy skills, punting, spiral kicking, passes. Any son of mine will be groomed to be the next Wallaby/Kangaroo scrum-half if he wants it. I think he will have the genes for sporting excellence if his parents have anything to do with it lol.

My wife loves the midwifes and the attitudes of the hospitals, she so far has great things to say. Most of the midwives she has met are Scottish. We are going public, with a bit of private care thrown in too.

Badge
Nice one badge. I thought there might be a bun in the oven by the mex's last post. Mrs BP just had the 18 week scan and its going to be a boy.

Hope it all goes well.
Old Feb 12th 2005, 4:00 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Badge, big congratulations from the Dagboy household, your life will never be the same mate .

I did wonder at a couple of your recent posts, I think one of them mentioned a cot, that was a bit of a giveaway
Old Feb 12th 2005, 4:29 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Badge
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, made me cry for some reason, Really really really really happy for you both, with your attitude Badge you sound like you are going to be absolutely fantastic parents.

Congrats
Kala xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.