Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Golfers in Bayside, Brisbane

Golfers in Bayside, Brisbane

Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice
Default Golfers in Bayside, Brisbane

Hello,

We;re coming to Bayside, in Jan 07.

Are there any golfers on BE from Bayside that play in Wynnum or elsewhere ?

Any advice on where to play ?

Cheers, Martyn
Old Jul 19th 2007, 1:14 am
Brisbane or bust!

Hooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant future
Default Re: Golfers in Bayside, Brisbane

Hi
I'm not a golfer but live in Redland Bay and have noticed a good looking course on the way out to the M1. It's at a place between Carbrook and Loganholme I think.
Hope that's a help?
Loren
Old Jul 19th 2007, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

smiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to all

Hi

My husband plays regularly at Carbrook and sometimes at Redland Bay. I will get him to give you more details when he comes in from work.

Heather
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

smiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to all

Hi,

This is "the husband".

There are many courses in Bayside area:
Wynnum
Howeston (Birkdale)
Redland Bay
Carbrook
Riverlakes
Pacific (Carindale)

Most allow visitors to play at weekends but the courses tend to be really popular so best to book in advance for tee times.

Howeston you can't book, it's a pay and play course where you turn up, pay your green fees and join the queue - all of the others are private clubs which allow visitors to play. Howeston is really cheap as well but suffers from the amount of traffic it gets so I prefer to get in at one of the private clubs where the courses are in better condition.

Green fees (for 18 holes at weekends):
Howeston - $16.50
Others - $30 to $40 depending on course.

Courses I play the most (due to locality to me) are Carbrook ($30) and Redland Bay ($35).

The Bayside courses are good value and significantly cheaper than the resort and championship courses. There are other good value courses around the Brisbane area - this link might help:

http://www.iseekgolf.com/courses/aus...ane-queensland

Hope this helps
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 10:35 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Great question. My husband will be starting to play golf again soon so this information has come at a great time.

I'm surprised at how reasonable the fees are, I'm sure he'll be golfing all the time now