Reload this Page >

golf clubs in Perth metro

Wikiposts

golf clubs in Perth metro

Old Jul 30th 2003, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road
Default golf clubs in Perth metro

can any one tell me what good golf clubs there are to join in the perth metro area and how much a yearly membership would be and if there is any waiting period

thanks bussie
Old Jul 30th 2003, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

james & bev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: golf clubs in Perth metro

Originally posted by bussie
can any one tell me what good golf clubs there are to join in the perth metro area and how much a yearly membership would be and if there is any waiting period

thanks bussie

Brussie, PB is your man on this, I have chatted with him about golf cubs near kinver where he is moving back too (I live not far away), he offered me his help on perth clubs I am sure he will help you and point you in the right direction

James
Old Jul 30th 2003, 11:58 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: golf clubs in Perth metro

thanks bussie
Best bet until you settle down is not to join any , Perth has many very good public courses , if you live North of Joondalup Yanchep Golf course ( Sun City) will do a membership from $15.00 a week and its a great course .
South of the river I would go Collier Park public Course 3x 9 holes and $20 for 18 holes.
Forget Joondalup it costs arm and a leg $90 in the week and $120 at the weekend for a membership kiss good bye to a first payment of $10k , Vines and some other private courses charge big time too.

http://www.streetsofperth.com.au/dir...lf_courses.htm

http://www.collierparkgolf.com/

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 30th 2003 at 1:31 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2003, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

n1 PB

i pay about £1000 at the moment for membership were i can play all the time for no extra cost

what is your hanicap PB

and every one no funny jokes on this

am playing in a charity day tomorrow but its supposed to rain all day

Collier Park Golf Course looks very nice and not a bad green fee price

Last edited by bussie; Jul 31st 2003 at 6:05 am.
Old Jul 31st 2003, 6:11 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

n1 PB

i pay about £1000 at the moment for membership were i can play all the time for no extra cost

what is your hanicap PB

Bussie - no worries, no quips etc but can you kindly take the time to explain to a simple guy like me why you pay a 1000 quid a year to play golf? Honestly, I'd like to know. Does that fee include everything, ie you pay a flat fee and everything is included?
Old Jul 31st 2003, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

james & bev is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Bussie - no worries, no quips etc but can you kindly take the time to explain to a simple guy like me why you pay a 1000 quid a year to play golf? Honestly, I'd like to know. Does that fee include everything, ie you pay a flat fee and everything is included?

in my experience a really good golf club should not be more than £1k per annum + maybe up to £1k joining fee. This would include unlimited free golf and privileges. (priority over guests for tee times, entry to competetions, etc)

Really snobby or elitist clubs go up to silly money. But the tide is turning in the UK waiting lists for clubs are becoming less common and many clubs even good ones are crying out for members becasue of the proliferation of courses.

James
Old Jul 31st 2003, 11:52 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

n1 PB

what is your hanicap PB

My handicap is the bloody me clubs no matter what I buy the buggers lose me ball.
We got rained off on Wednesday at Carramar in Perth the courses here hold the rain and are unplayable after a down fall.
You will love the courses in Perth some you cannot play because they allow no visitors but most are open to all , Joondalup is world class but so are the green fees .
Look at Burswood , Carramar , Wembley to name a few , ask at the OB if you can join their social golf club they play once a month at a different course good day out for $60 includes bus , drink and a meal.

Old Jul 31st 2003, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by pleasancefamily

yep that is everything i can play anytime, 7 days a week
Old Jul 31st 2003, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

many thanks pb ill take all that on board in nov when i get there
just bought some new clubs on ebay callaway x14 irons and callaway steel head 3 and 5 wood

i already have a GREAT BIG BERTHA 8dg loft and stiff sharft and it goes miles if you hit it right prob the best club in my bag

maybe we can have a game if your still in aus in nov
Old Aug 3rd 2003, 11:48 am
Banned

many thanks pb ill take all that on board in nov when i get there
just bought some new clubs on ebay callaway x14 irons and callaway steel head 3 and 5 wood

i already have a GREAT BIG BERTHA 8dg loft and stiff sharft and it goes miles if you hit it right prob the best club in my bag

maybe we can have a game if your still in aus in nov
Love to but I am off middle of August , spoke to the lads at the OB on Sunday (the golf junkies), because of weather forecast only 12 went on a 50 seater bus so they are open to new faces ask for Kevin .

Old Aug 5th 2003, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Love to but I am off middle of August , spoke to the lads at the OB on Sunday (the golf junkies), because of weather forecast only 12 went on a 50 seater bus so they are open to new faces ask for Kevin .

can you explain what you mean by OB??

Last edited by bussie; Aug 5th 2003 at 6:08 am.
Old Aug 5th 2003, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

Bussie - OB is The Old Bailey, it is a pommie pub in Joondalup.

You could always join Yokine golf course-only $250,000+ to join.
Old Aug 5th 2003, 11:28 am
Banned

Sue has put you right , like I said ask for Kev Beck hes in every night early 5pm-7pm.

Old Aug 6th 2003, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

is this the place to go and meet up with everyone then

the vines dont look a bad club to join except the joining fee
Old Aug 6th 2003, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

Gotta expect high fees from the Vines, that is where the Heineken Classic (correct me if I am have got the wrong "open" on that) is played, so it is one of the top courses, but I believe the fees aren't that bad considering that fact.. It is a very nice course and very well maintained.

Last edited by suebo; Aug 6th 2003 at 9:31 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.