Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Golf in Bayside Brisbane

Golf in Bayside Brisbane

Old Jan 18th 2007, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold
Default Golf in Bayside Brisbane

hi there

Does anyone know how much the green fees are for public golf courses in the Bayside or any other course nearby the area would cost?

anyone recommend a specific good public course?

thanks!
Old Jan 18th 2007, 5:35 am
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Golf in Bayside Brisbane

Originally Posted by obiwan
hi there

Does anyone know how much the green fees are for public golf courses in the Bayside or any other course nearby the area would cost?

thanks!
here's a link:

http://www.ourbrisbane.com/activeand...creation/golf/

not played any yet, but it would be interesting to hear what golfers say are their favourites and why?

Thanks for reminding me to buy a new set of clubs
Old Jan 18th 2007, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

hi OH

thanks for the link, i was also planning to get a set (instead of bring one over), but will look for some second hand callaway or Pings....

cheers!
Old Jan 18th 2007, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

smiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to all

Originally Posted by obiwan
hi there

thanks!
Hi Obiwan,

Been in Brissy for 3 months - living in Cleveland area.

The only proper public course that I know of in the area is Howeston (in Birkdale). You can't book, you just turn up, pay your money and join the queue for the first tee - $16.50 weekends, about $13 in the week. It's really busy and because of that suffers a bit from wear and tear - but it's real cheap.

Two other courses in Redland Bay area that I know are Redland Bay Golf Club and Carbrook Golf Club. These are private clubs but they allow visitors on Sundays - members and members guests only on Saturdays - these two will set you back $30 - but better condition. I normally play at Redland Bay (bit closer to home).

Haydn
Old Jan 18th 2007, 10:36 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smiths
Hi Obiwan,

The only proper public course that I know of in the area is Howeston (in Birkdale). You can't book, you just turn up, pay your money and join the queue for the first tee - $16.50 weekends, about $13 in the week. It's really busy and because of that suffers a bit from wear and tear - but it's real cheap.

Two other courses in Redland Bay area that I know are Redland Bay Golf Club and Carbrook Golf Club. These are private clubs but they allow visitors on Sundays - members and members guests only on Saturdays - these two will set you back $30 - but better condition. I normally play at Redland Bay (bit closer to home).

Haydn
I think there are some Wynnum way.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smiths
Hi Obiwan,

Haydn
hi haydn, ginny

thank you for the replies, $13 sounds very good to me! didnt know you could play for that cheap in brisbane....will check it out...

nice to know that some private clubs will let guest play on certain days...

cheers