Reload this Page >

A golden oldie back in Sydney.

A golden oldie back in Sydney.

Old Apr 1st 2006, 7:03 am
Banned

cdandi will become famous soon enoughcdandi will become famous soon enough
Default A golden oldie back in Sydney.

Hi everyone,

I've been away from Oz for 7 years and returned 2 months ago. I'm renting in Ultimo. Are there any other golden oldies living around the city? Any suggestions as to social groups/activities.

All comments appreciated.
Thanks.
Old Apr 1st 2006, 7:07 am
Pet
Forum Regular

Pet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nice
Default Re: A golden oldie back in Sydney.

Originally Posted by cdandi
Hi everyone,

I've been away from Oz for 7 years and returned 2 months ago. I'm renting in Ultimo. Are there any other golden oldies living around the city? Any suggestions as to social groups/activities.

Thanks.
Sorry can't help as I am in Perth, but welcome back and hope you enjoy.

Pauline
Old Apr 1st 2006, 7:20 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Pet
Sorry can't help as I am in Perth, but welcome back and hope you enjoy.

Pauline
Thanks Pauline.

Mixed feelings at the moment.......but early days.
Old Apr 1st 2006, 8:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Thanks.
No idea just interested to know a) how long you were here before and b) what made you decide to come back Welcome by the way.
Old Apr 1st 2006, 8:15 am
Banned

Originally Posted by moneypen20
No idea just interested to know a) how long you were here before and b) what made you decide to come back Welcome by the way.
Hi Moneypen,

I lived in Sydney for 19 years before going to New York for 7 yrs. My reason for coming back is because my son lives here. My husband was relocated here with his job. On one level it's great being back. It's wonderful being a mum again and Sydney has many plusses, including great food. However, I never really settled here before and contacting old friends and my husband's family has only reinforced the reasons why I was so desperate to leave in the first place, so it feels a bit like deja vu. Nevertheless, it's early days and I'm detrmined to make the best of living here. i suppose the hardest part is that I'm really missing my friend's and lifestyle in NY.
Old Apr 1st 2006, 11:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Moneypen,

I lived in Sydney for 19 years before going to New York for 7 yrs. My reason for coming back is because my son lives here. My husband was relocated here with his job. On one level it's great being back. It's wonderful being a mum again and Sydney has many plusses, including great food. However, I never really settled here before and contacting old friends and my husband's family has only reinforced the reasons why I was so desperate to leave in the first place, so it feels a bit like deja vu. Nevertheless, it's early days and I'm detrmined to make the best of living here. i suppose the hardest part is that I'm really missing my friend's and lifestyle in NY.
That's tough. Hope you make it work for all your sakes. Not much I can help with, not lived other places for so long or "had" to relocate for whatever reason. I am sure you will find new friends and new interests, where there's a will etc etc.

Loads of people - mad and normal on here who are in Sydney. Give it a few days and they will come out of the woodwork The guys down there do try to do meet ups fairly regularly, so keep a look out.
Old Apr 1st 2006, 9:56 pm
Banned

Thankyou Moneypen for your support.

I'm not feeling so desperate at the moment, but I realise that this is a new start and I really do need to get out and make an effort to meet new friends. A lot seems to revolve around sport in Oz and so I'm looking into the possibility of playing golf. I'm not a sporty person so if nothing else it will be a laugh!

Yes I'll keep my eyes open for social get togethers on this site.