Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Golden Beach, Sunshine coast, anyone there?

Golden Beach, Sunshine coast, anyone there?

Old Feb 27th 2007, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future
Default Golden Beach, Sunshine coast, anyone there?

Can anyone who lived or has lived there, please let me know what you think of the area and primary schools.

I did hear that Caloundra central had problems with gangs/drugs etc so would like to know if the areas nearby are worth living in, Kings beach and Dicky Beach are lovely looking but theres no rentals at all there.

Thanks
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:06 am
ピーター及びクレア

PWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant future
Default Re: Golden Beach, Sunshine coast, anyone there?

Originally Posted by caleb2003
Can anyone who lived or has lived there, please let me know what you think of the area and primary schools.

I did hear that Caloundra central had problems with gangs/drugs etc so would like to know if the areas nearby are worth living in, Kings beach and Dicky Beach are lovely looking but theres no rentals at all there.

Thanks
Hi,

'I heard that Caloundra central had problems with gangs/drugs etc.' Fantastic. Not being rude but you are way off the mark.

Caloundra is quiet and full of old people, Golden Beach is even quieter and has even more older people in it. It's also about half a mile from Caloundra. Caloundra 'city' is a very small place and great.

There are permanent rentals everywhere but they go quickly and you have to be prepared to pay. My wife, who's a teacher, says the schools are generally good and you'll have a good choice.

We're in our thirties, i.e.- not old, and love it here.

Cheers.

Last edited by PWBCSA; Feb 27th 2007 at 7:07 am. Reason: Muck up.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

thanks, your wife is the best person to comment on the schools so thats good.

One thing that did worry me also about Caloundra was the road coming off the highway and all the housing developments both sides, it does look that it will be quite busy there in a few years, not sure about rush hour right now.

Quiet is ok for us as we have 2 young kids, but we still want to be able to walk to cafe barstaaverns on seafronts and the like (just to retain some slight it of youth (we are early30s)

Thanks
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

Originally Posted by caleb2003

Thanks
The whole Caloundra area very quite, obviously there are certain areas that you may not want to reside in but just like the UK these areas are obvious. Get a few rowdy drunks on friday and sat in main street but not normally until after 3am when most of us boring old farts are asleep.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Caloundra is going to have massive growth in the next 10 years, lots of houses going up and lots of new businesses coming in. Also tthey are also talking about a railway line connecting the Sunshine Coast.

Currently as previously said it is full of old people and the shops seem very old fashioned (Bulcock Street)

Gangs / Drugs?? This is Caloundra we're talking about :-))

Seriously, drugs are everywhere but I don't think gangs are a big thing around here (apart from bikie gangs)
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

Jayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really nice

Hi
Take a look at Pelican Waters, right by Golden Beach, it's a master planned community, house prices vary depending on location/size, popular with young families, great parks, playgrounds, bike paths, indoor shopping centre, really nice if your looking for a modern home in a young community.
Good luck