Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Golden Arrow - Shipping Pets

Golden Arrow - Shipping Pets

Old Jun 2nd 2006, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Silky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of light
Default Golden Arrow - Shipping Pets

After reading all the recommendations on here for Golden Arrow I called them on Weds to a quote. Paperwork came next day and the info pack they sent was great - nobody else has sent through this kind of info and it really puts your mind at rest. There was I thinking my three moggies would be frozen cold in the hold, when in fact the temp is set to 65 degrees, they get checked at stop-over/refueling point and can only have water for the entire flight. Included in the info pack was a booklet full of letters (some faxed, handwritten or typed) from clients in thanks for their services.

You can guess who I'm going to use now!

Just in case anyone wants their no. it's 01588 680240 (no internet pages)

HTH
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 8:33 am
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Golden Arrow - Shipping Pets

Originally Posted by Silky Chicken
After reading all the recommendations on here for Golden Arrow I called them on Weds to a quote. Paperwork came next day and the info pack they sent was great - nobody else has sent through this kind of info and it really puts your mind at rest. There was I thinking my three moggies would be frozen cold in the hold, when in fact the temp is set to 65 degrees, they get checked at stop-over/refueling point and can only have water for the entire flight. Included in the info pack was a booklet full of letters (some faxed, handwritten or typed) from clients in thanks for their services.

HTH

Hi
We are using these to move our little boys (cat and dog) they seem really good so far, they are booked on a Quantas flight in August. They sent us the same pack, very good to put your mind at rest as you say, good luck!
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Just to add another recommendation for those of you north of the border . We've just shipped our 2 cocker spaniels from Edinburgh to Perth using Pet Travel Services in Dunfermline and they were absolutely FANTASTIC . Seem to really care for the dogs I got quotes from Golden Arrow, Airpets and PTS and although PTS were about £150 more expensive for the whole package I didn't have to pay extra for transport costs to the kennels. Golden Arrow quoted me £768 to come to Falkirk to collect the dogs and drive them to their premises :scared: .

I can highly recommend them.

15 days until I can go and get them
Tracey
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Max&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to all

" There was I thinking my three moggies would be frozen cold in the hold, when in fact the temp is set to 65 degrees "

Only if they remember for turn the heating switch on. Perhaps I shouldn't have read Air Babylon !!!!!!!!

I do hope so though as taking two ourselves.

Graham
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 9:13 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silky Chicken

HTH
I phoned them last week for details etc and got some brilliant info through the post the next day. Thoroughly switched on...will definitely be using them to ship our Milly (don't get me started, I'm panicking about her already ).

D D
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 9:16 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
Just to add another recommendation for those of you north of the border . We've just shipped our 2 cocker spaniels from Edinburgh to Perth using Pet Travel Services in Dunfermline and they were absolutely FANTASTIC . Seem to really care for the dogs I got quotes from Golden Arrow, Airpets and PTS and although PTS were about £150 more expensive for the whole package I didn't have to pay extra for transport costs to the kennels. Golden Arrow quoted me £768 to come to Falkirk to collect the dogs and drive them to their premises :scared: .

I can highly recommend them.

15 days until I can go and get them
Tracey
Hi,

Can I ask was the £768 door to door ( ie from Falkirk to Oz ) If not, do you mind me asking what the cost was in total?
We've got Sprocket to think about - he's a 1 year old cocker spaniel.

Thanks,
*pearly*
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Hi,

Can I ask was the £768 door to door ( ie from Falkirk to Oz ) If not, do you mind me asking what the cost was in total?
We've got Sprocket to think about - he's a 1 year old cocker spaniel.

Thanks,
*pearly*
No, that was the cost of someone from Golden Arrow driving up to Falkirk, picking up the dogs, and driving them back to their premises England (can't remember exactly where they are)!!! Cost of flights/paperwork etc was an additional £2500. That's why in the end we paid £2650 for them to go direct from Edinburgh to Perth.

For all those concerned about the effects of the flight on their animals - apparently my 2 'bounced' out of their crates and slobbered over whoever they could get close to . No ill effects at all (thankfully!)
Tracey