Goldcoast!!

Old Jul 9th 2013, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

straussmouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Goldcoast!!

I was thinking Peep Show!
Old Jul 9th 2013, 1:18 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by straussmouse
I was thinking Peep Show!
A fine show that is too

Would I Lie To You is also a current favourite in this household, but we only have free to air so pickings are necessarily slim
Old Jul 9th 2013, 9:27 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

i can recommend from personal experience varsity lakes ( its got one of the better state schools IMO ) and worongary because we live there, though i`d say many areas west of the M1 are better these tend to be the slightly older areas which were built on larger blocks right next to the M1 so its easy to go north or south depends which way the job is,

electrical work i`m a sparkie myself havnt had any problems over the last seven years but then again i`m not in construction more breakdown of industrial and commercial machinery, i`ve have noticed of late that construction work seems to be picking up with lots of smaller new sites getting going, i`ll ask around and see whats going o if you like,

if you need any more info just let me know

Steve
Old Jul 9th 2013, 11:56 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
A fine show that is too

Would I Lie To You is also a current favourite in this household, but we only have free to air so pickings are necessarily slim
Lee Mack makes that show...funny bugger!!
Old Jul 10th 2013, 5:59 am
Just Joined

PS series 9 soon!!

Stevo thanks for the info mate, we are planning to move over in Feb so ill tap you up before then RE Energex regs!
Old Jul 10th 2013, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddyo
Lee Mack makes that show...funny bugger!!
He is my sister in laws cousin.
Old Aug 11th 2013, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Deanospurs is an unknown quantity at this point

We have been living on the GC for just over a year now and there is no work here. Everyone commutes to Brisbane. Just make sure you really look into work options as commuting over 2 hours a day eventually gets to you
Old Aug 11th 2013, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Thanks mate, having researched plenty about the GC we've decided that its more the drugs, stabbings, shootings, bikies and yes lack of work that has made us think
that Adelaide aint that bad and it will do for a bit longer... I know the media blows things up but geez, it don't sound great!
Old Aug 11th 2013, 6:18 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by straussmouse
Thanks mate, having researched plenty about the GC we've decided that its more the drugs, stabbings, shootings, bikies and yes lack of work that has made us think
that Adelaide aint that bad and it will do for a bit longer... I know the media blows things up but geez, it don't sound great!
i keep reading about this but i dont see any evidence of it? i feel it is a lot of over hyped gutter press journalism,

another fine day on the goldie dosnt sell so they distort the truth to sell `news`,

i`m from manchester and we defiantly had real crime there, i couldn't even leave my tools in the van parked on the drive and that was in a supposedly `good area`over here blokes drive around with there tools on display in the back of their utes, try that in Manchester and it would be stripped bare in about two minutes flat even if you were sat in the vehicle at the time,

regards Steve
Old Aug 11th 2013, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

What Steve'o said. We have big white van that has not been touched in 6 years here, most of that in Nerang. Back home it would have been "done" several times in that period if left outside.
Old Aug 11th 2013, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

There are always lots of comments from locals at the end of the Bulletin articles and many sounded like they were fed up with the "crime wave" and soft courts etc

Locals say violent crime is getting worse, police say its less than ever! Same old.....
Old Aug 12th 2013, 1:05 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Just bear in mind that most people, when talking about the Gold Coast, are thinking of the suburbs such as Surfers, Helensvale, Robina, etc. If you look at the Council area boundaries you will see that there is much more to the Gold Coast than that, and plenty of places to live which are in the hills to the west of the coast which don't match the decriptions in this thread at all.

Bit like thinking that Trafford and Rochedale must be the same because they are both in Greater Manchester.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

Robina seems to be unfairly targeted because of a couple of high profile incidents which could happen anywhere. Drive around the area, Mudgeeraba etc on a weekend and every playing field is full of families and kids involved in organized sport. The private schools thrive, churches are full, the police spend their time nabbing Mum and Dad motorists, walk around Robina Town Centre and there are no "youfs" to bother you. I don't know a single person who is concerned about crime other than taking the obvious precautions. Pick a bad part of Pac Pines, Upper Coomera ,Nerang etc and you will likely get some grief but most of the crime that appears in the "Bully" would probably not make the local paper in Edmonton for example.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Deanospurs
We have been living on the GC for just over a year now and there is no work here. Everyone commutes to Brisbane. Just make sure you really look into work options as commuting over 2 hours a day eventually gets to you
So there are around 550,000 residents and none of them work on the Gold Coast.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

You also have to bear in mind that the Gold Coast is in Queensland so when the court bans you from driving you simply go back to where you parked your car for your court appearance and drive home!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.