Gold Coast For Young Guys ?

Gold Coast For Young Guys ?

Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

wayneo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Gold Coast For Young Guys ?

hi all,

i am a 20 yr old male mechanic and am seriously thinking of emmigrating to Oz,

my bro lives on the gold coast which means i allready have a base, although i am not sure what life is like for people my age

i am an outgoing young chap who likes the usual partying etc,

i was wondering if there are any people on the board around my age who can give me any info on what life is like

cheers

Wayne
Old Oct 9th 2008, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

TrentEnd will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Gold Coast For Young Guys ?

You'd love the Gold Coast then fella, especially Surfers Paradise. It's a big party town with loads of bars and clubs, and as it's a tourist resort you'll always have stuff to do in the day as well. The climate there is possibly the best in Australia i'd say.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

autorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wayneo
hi all,

i am a 20 yr old male mechanic and am seriously thinking of emmigrating to Oz,

my bro lives on the gold coast which means i allready have a base, although i am not sure what life is like for people my age

i am an outgoing young chap who likes the usual partying etc,

i was wondering if there are any people on the board around my age who can give me any info on what life is like

cheers

Wayne
I moved to the Goldy when I was 23yo and loved it so much I'm now planning to move back there asap (I'm now 36 and living in London with two young kids!!)

You will absolutely love it.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 5:15 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Gold Coast For Young Guys ?

You'll be in Heaven mate......party central, girls, sun, sea, the Indy....... need I go on
Old Oct 10th 2008, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

wayneo is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers guys sounds gr8,

ive been to oz before and like sydney, how does it compare

cheers
Old Oct 10th 2008, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

autorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wayneo
cheers guys sounds gr8,

ive been to oz before and like sydney, how does it compare

cheers
Sydney's awesome too (I lived in Sydney for 3.5 years and Gold Coast for 2.5 years). Compared to the GC Sydney is VERY expensive though (I reckon about 2-3 times more expensive for housing!)

Apart from that, you'd want to live centrally, in the inner west or in the east if you wanted the best areas.

The weather is still great. A bit cooler than SE Qld but much better than Melbourne (I've lived there for many years too!) In my opinion, the GC is more laid back, cheaper, warmer, has better beaches (although Sydney has great beaches), Indy, theme parks. Both have great mountains/hinterland areas although the GC hinterland is much closer (45min drive as compared to 2+ hrs to the Blue Mountains from Sydney).

Sydney is great if you're looking for a big city (4mil people), more arts culture, bit cooler climate, closer to Melbourne, more work opportunities, better wages (although compared to cost of living it's actually worse!!)

My choice would definitely be (well, I'm actually headed for...) the Gold Coast.

If Sydney was heaps cheaper to by property (and I mean HEAPS!) it would be a MUCH tougher choice. I absolutely loved every day living in both cities.

Brisbane is pretty good too but has no beaches so for me, it's out! But it's a great city to visit if you live on the Goldy too...