gold coast weather!

Wikiposts

gold coast weather!

Old Mar 12th 2008, 4:20 am
Just Joined

waliam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default gold coast weather!

Hi
I know everybody seems happy with the weather in australia. I am planning to move to gold coast in august,08. just wondering, is it too hot in the summers?
Old Mar 12th 2008, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

alexa7 will become famous soon enoughalexa7 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: gold coast weather!

that would be "winter" though...
Old Mar 12th 2008, 10:56 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by waliam
Hi
I know everybody seems happy with the weather in australia. I am planning to move to gold coast in august,08. just wondering, is it too hot in the summers?
Depends on what you consider too hot!? And it varies a lot from one year to the next.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

After the awful weather back in Blighty in 2007 I would never call it too hot!!

You get used to it after a while I would say anyway..

so..... NO!!!!!!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:35 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

It's been quite settled here the last few weeks, temp up to high 20s most days, bit of rain sometimes which is good considering its the wet season and they've really been copping it further north. It was quite humid a while back and you definately need air con unless you're used to living in a jungle.

Yet to do a full year here yet but everyone says its the winters that make the GC such a great place to live, we were over for a while in July and it was lovely with just a bit of a chill at night that may have you reaching for a jumper or wanting to turn the heat on perhaps, probably want a wet suit if you were surfing during the day.

Certainly doesn't have the extremes of temp that places like Adelaide have been experiencing.

When its hot though people tend to make the most of the early mornings to do outside activities, one advantage of not having daylight saving here

Last edited by Nerine; Mar 12th 2008 at 1:12 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 1:11 pm
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by waliam
Hi
Its not so much the heat - I think the warmest temp this summer has been 36 degrees, but the humidity that gets me. I have talked to numerous Poms/Kiwis in my business who have lived here for many years and they all say that they never really get used to it. But to be honest its only 4 - 6 weeks that I find it uncomfortable - a lot better of having 4 - 6 weeks of good weather back in the 'Old Country'. Autumn, Winter & Spring are just perfect!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 1:27 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alexa7
that would be "winter" though...

Anyway, back to OP. We've had a mild but wet summer this year. Only had one day when it got hot and that was 37 degrees and it lasted for all of 5 hours. Generally the climate here is 'Brilliant one day, perfect the next'.

Yes it gets hot but it's not a hot that would finish you off in the UK because it builds slowly and then stays and you acclimatise and before very long, if it goes down to 23 degrees you'll be complaining that it's turned chilly.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 3:01 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

That is so true! DD wears a flippin' woolen jumper to school when it's that cold in the morning!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:19 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20

Anyway, back to OP. We've had a mild but wet summer this year. Only had one day when it got hot and that was 37 degrees and it lasted for all of 5 hours. Generally the climate here is 'Brilliant one day, perfect the next'.

Yes it gets hot but it's not a hot that would finish you off in the UK because it builds slowly and then stays and you acclimatise and before very long, if it goes down to 23 degrees you'll be complaining that it's turned chilly.
How true only been here 9 months and already think its cool if it drops below 22*C!!!!!!!

C x
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:35 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shiels
How true only been here 9 months and already think its cool if it drops below 22*C!!!!!!!

C x
Wait for the Winter!

Last Winter we slept in 2 doona's and an electric blanket. Why? ... cos it got to 8 or 10 degrees throughout the night.

Terrible! ... and to think the Feb before we left the UK it got to minus 8 ... how DID we cope? ... ... altho I know how ... central heating and double glazing. Something that is just a memory for us now.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:37 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Coolangatta did actually get down to 0C last Winter I think.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:41 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I remeber when I lived in Currumbin one year going to bed with a hot water bottle and the 2 dunas lol and socks on wait until it hails then worry its like bloody golf balls coming out of the sky I kid you not cover your car roof with the mattress and run for it
Old Mar 13th 2008, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all

can anyone offer some advice on what temps to expect in April.

We are coming out on 31/3 for 4 weeks to validate our visa's. OH mate has arranged for us to stay in a beach house on Palm Beach.... just not sure what to bring..
Old Mar 13th 2008, 11:47 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheli0508

We are coming out on 31/3 for 4 weeks to validate our visa's. OH mate has arranged for us to stay in a beach house on Palm Beach.... just not sure what to bring..
April is still nice and warm or it was last year when I was back there visiting but take some cardi's and the nights get cold but I was still laying on the beach etc.
Give my love to the Palmie Pub lol
Old Mar 13th 2008, 6:26 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sheli0508
20 - 30C all year round apart from the odd 35, 37, or so in the Summer.

Low 20's in the Winter (daytime) and loosely 10 at night, and high 20's during the day in the Summer and low 20's at night.

Ish!

Perfect one day, beautiful the next! ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.