Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast Theme Parks

Gold Coast Theme Parks

Old May 20th 2005, 3:47 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gold Coast Theme Parks

Has anyone visited Wet 'n' Wild, Movie World, Dreamworld and Sea World and how would you rate them compared to American Theme Parks? Our 10 year old son will not be wanting to live in Australia as he doesn't want to leave his friends and we're having to bribe him big time!
Old May 20th 2005, 3:50 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold Coast Theme Parks

Originally Posted by The A Team
Has anyone visited Wet 'n' Wild, Movie World, Dreamworld and Sea World and how would you rate them compared to American Theme Parks? Our 10 year old son will not be wanting to live in Australia as he doesn't want to leave his friends and we're having to bribe him big time!
Rubbish, he's only 10 - give him a slap and tell him he's going
Old May 20th 2005, 3:54 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Rubbish, he's only 10 - give him a slap and tell him he's going
Don't worry he's going, if we ever get our TRA approval that is
Old May 20th 2005, 5:10 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Good evening!

Ok, Wet 'n Wild we didn't get to - Not enough time, but passed it several times and looks great.And it's heated all year round so it'll be good to go there even during the winter.
Movie World was fantastic! Great for kids of all ages.Watch the Police Academy stunt show (especially Mad Mike, the warm up man. We've not laughed so much in ages. He takes the p**s out of the audience without them knowing). There's some great rollercoasters too.
Dreamworld is also great. Loads of thrill rides. Go on the Tower of Terror and Giant Drop at your peril. They were the most terrifying rides I've ever been on. You have been warned!!!
Seaworld is another good place to go. I tried to get my kids to swim with dolphins but it was fully booked, so they swam with sharks instead But they had a whale of a time (no pun intended!). The seal show is worthing watching. There's also a waterskiing show, log flumes, rollercoasters etc.

Movie World, Dreamworld and Wet 'n Wild are almost next door to each other. Seaworld is at Southport at Surfers Paradise.

Prices are $60 for anyone 14 and over and $38 for those aged 4-13.
You can buy a 3-park pass for MW,SW and WW for $158 (Adults) and $100 (Children), but it's cheaper if you buy online. These tickets must be used up within 14 days.

Hope this helps.
Have fun!

Julie
Old May 20th 2005, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

vandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant future

Hi,

I went to wet n wild back in 2003 and although it was good, I didnt enjoy it as much as the equivalent in Florida. Dreamworld was very good and was a great day out!

Im sure your 10 yr old will have a brilliant time anyway and maybe even you parents too!
Old May 20th 2005, 5:19 pm
cheeky tart

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Good evening!

Ok, Wet 'n Wild we didn't get to - Not enough time, but passed it several times and looks great.And it's heated all year round so it'll be good to go there even during the winter.
Movie World was fantastic! Great for kids of all ages.Watch the Police Academy stunt show (especially Mad Mike, the warm up man. We've not laughed so much in ages. He takes the p**s out of the audience without them knowing). There's some great rollercoasters too.
Dreamworld is also great. Loads of thrill rides. Go on the Tower of Terror and Giant Drop at your peril. They were the most terrifying rides I've ever been on. You have been warned!!!
Seaworld is another good place to go. I tried to get my kids to swim with dolphins but it was fully booked, so they swam with sharks instead But they had a whale of a time (no pun intended!). The seal show is worthing watching. There's also a waterskiing show, log flumes, rollercoasters etc.

Movie World, Dreamworld and Wet 'n Wild are almost next door to each other. Seaworld is at Southport at Surfers Paradise.

Prices are $60 for anyone 14 and over and $38 for those aged 4-13.
You can buy a 3-park pass for MW,SW and WW for $158 (Adults) and $100 (Children), but it's cheaper if you buy online. These tickets must be used up within 14 days.

Hope this helps.
Have fun!

Julie
A big help thanks, are there any less scary family-type rides at Dreamworld?
Old May 20th 2005, 5:24 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Re: Gold Coast Theme Parks

We went several years ago when kiddies were 5 & 8... can't remember specific rides, but they had a ball and went on LOADS, so I'm sure there's plenty for all.... Log ride thingy was a huge favourite - I was pregnant & so not allowed on & so stood at the bottom getting soaked while they went on again... and again... and again......
Old May 20th 2005, 5:28 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, loads. They have an area there called Nick Central sponsored by Nickelodeon, where there are lots of kiddie rides eg. Blue's Clues, The Wild Thornberry's, Dora the Explorer, Spongebob Squarepants, Rugrats.

You can also have you photo taken holding a koala (highly recommended!). You can handfeed roos and visit Tiger Island.

The website is www.dreamworld.com.au

Julie
Old May 20th 2005, 5:30 pm
cheeky tart

Originally Posted by floss
We went several years ago when kiddies were 5 & 8... can't remember specific rides, but they had a ball and went on LOADS, so I'm sure there's plenty for all.... Log ride thingy was a huge favourite - I was pregnant & so not allowed on & so stood at the bottom getting soaked while they went on again... and again... and again......
Floss

Yeah that happened to me at Disneyland Paris only with Big Thunder Mountain and the queues were about an hour long each time

Are the Gold Coast parks as busy?
Old May 20th 2005, 5:35 pm
cheeky tart

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Yes, loads. They have an area there called Nick Central sponsored by Nickelodeon, where there are lots of kiddie rides eg. Blue's Clues, The Wild Thornberry's, Dora the Explorer, Spongebob Squarepants, Rugrats.

You can also have you photo taken holding a koala (highly recommended!). You can handfeed roos and visit Tiger Island.

The website is www.dreamworld.com.au

Julie
Julie

Thanks for that, I had looked at the website but I'd rather get insider knowledge and try to work out which order to do them in and try to save the best to last. Any ideas?
Old May 20th 2005, 5:56 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Re: Gold Coast Theme Parks

Floss

Yeah that happened to me at Disneyland Paris only with Big Thunder Mountain and the queues were about an hour long each time

Are the Gold Coast parks as busy?

NO!!! I have a congenital inability to queue for more than, say, 20 minutes so when we went the wait would've be less than that - guess it depends on the time of year you go - with us, on that visit, it was late October/November.... and if I remember rightly, the log ride was the only thing we had to queue for. I DO remember the show - loud but brilliant!!
Old May 20th 2005, 5:57 pm
Chocoholic

Julie

Thanks for that, I had looked at the website but I'd rather get insider knowledge and try to work out which order to do them in and try to save the best to last. Any ideas?
Hi,
Just popping out for pizza and drinkies with the girlies. Will reply again later with more info, if not too sozzled! Actually,you might have to wait until tomorrow for a reply!!! But will definitely get back to you.
Hope that's ok!
Julie
Old May 20th 2005, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
We went to Dreamworld and Movieworld back in October. There was only my middle daughter who liked the rides prior to then. I remember seeing her looking longingly at the roller coaster but didn't bother to ask if anybody would go on with her because she knew what the answer would be
I felt so sorry for her I offered to go on with her :scared: . I assured her that it was a one off and not to start bugging me to go on other things. Anyway, I went on and loved it. I hadn't been on one since I was a kid and had convinced myself they were too scary.

Once I'd come off I talked my son into going on. I assured him that it wasn't that bad and if it was I wouldn't have even suggested he go on. I got him on and once we were about to set off he started to cry. Made me feel like s**t I can tell you. It was too late to come off by now and off we went (oldest daughter had also agreed to come on ). When it stopped my son declared "that was cool can we go back on" They are now all rollercoaster mad. We stopped off in Florida on the way back and went on all the rides. It was the 4th time I'd been and never been on any of them before. Me and the oldest daughter even went on terror towers. The younger, ride loving daughter wouldn't go on that because she was too scared to

God, this turned out to be a long, rambling post.
All I'd meant to say was the parks are great. I particularly liked the Scooby doo ride.

Tracey
Old May 20th 2005, 7:59 pm
cheeky tart

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Hi,
We went to Dreamworld and Movieworld back in October. There was only my middle daughter who liked the rides prior to then. I remember seeing her looking longingly at the roller coaster but didn't bother to ask if anybody would go on with her because she knew what the answer would be
I felt so sorry for her I offered to go on with her :scared: . I assured her that it was a one off and not to start bugging me to go on other things. Anyway, I went on and loved it. I hadn't been on one since I was a kid and had convinced myself they were too scary.

Once I'd come off I talked my son into going on. I assured him that it wasn't that bad and if it was I wouldn't have even suggested he go on. I got him on and once we were about to set off he started to cry. Made me feel like s**t I can tell you. It was too late to come off by now and off we went (oldest daughter had also agreed to come on ). When it stopped my son declared "that was cool can we go back on" They are now all rollercoaster mad. We stopped off in Florida on the way back and went on all the rides. It was the 4th time I'd been and never been on any of them before. Me and the oldest daughter even went on terror towers. The younger, ride loving daughter wouldn't go on that because she was too scared to

God, this turned out to be a long, rambling post.
All I'd meant to say was the parks are great. I particularly liked the Scooby doo ride.

Tracey
Yeah I did that with the flumes at Centreparcs. My daughter who was about 11 at the time threw a strop coz no-one would go down it with her so I agreed just to keep the peace and needless to say I loved it and now try out every water park I can get to now!
Old May 20th 2005, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

sherman989 is on a distinguished road

Hi

We did 'wet & wild' back in Feb this year, brilliant fun, I had a good time with our baby in the hot pools with plenty of different activities for babies to toddlers. The rest of the family did all the rides and only stopped for a quick lunch break. Our drinks and food came to $12.00 each and the children could refil as many times as they liked. Plenty of seating everywhere, and rides for all ages. It was well worth the money a fun packed day for everyone.
I believe during the summer hols each Saturday night they have movies, everyone can sit in large rings floating in the wave pool and watch on a huge screen. ( just like the UK - not)
The ques were small and staff really friendly and helpful.

Mandie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.