Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise Question

Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise Question

Old Mar 29th 2011, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future
Default Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise Question

Hi

Hope you can help me.

We're considering moving to GC from Sydney and are having a look round in April. Been looking at apartments for the week, narrowed it down to a few and think we might stay in Surfers Paradise for the week as its central but am little bit unsure as where best to stay.

We're a family with 2 kids under 5 so am looking for somewhere fairly central, we can walk to restaurants in evenings, that sort of stuff. This isn't going to be a holiday as such so don't necessarily need the right on beach option (although it would be nice ). I certainly don't want to be in the thick of nightclubs/bars etc. as my kids and me need our sleep!!

I'm currently looking at the Surfers Aquarius (Old Burleigh Road) and Surfers Beachside (Cnr Vista St & Garfield Terrace) in Surfers Paradise or another apt in Ferny Avenue.

I'm guessing that the fact that we're going in April (not half term) will mean that its hopefully not really busy anyway.

I'd be grateful if anyone familiar with these areas in SP could tell me whether one in particular is quieter, that sort of thing etc.

Many thanks
Old Mar 29th 2011, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

no longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to all
Default Re: Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise Question

Originally Posted by kronk
Hi

Hope you can help me.

We're considering moving to GC from Sydney and are having a look round in April. Been looking at apartments for the week, narrowed it down to a few and think we might stay in Surfers Paradise for the week as its central but am little bit unsure as where best to stay.

We're a family with 2 kids under 5 so am looking for somewhere fairly central, we can walk to restaurants in evenings, that sort of stuff. This isn't going to be a holiday as such so don't necessarily need the right on beach option (although it would be nice ). I certainly don't want to be in the thick of nightclubs/bars etc. as my kids and me need our sleep!!

I'm currently looking at the Surfers Aquarius (Old Burleigh Road) and Surfers Beachside (Cnr Vista St & Garfield Terrace) in Surfers Paradise or another apt in Ferny Avenue.

I'm guessing that the fact that we're going in April (not half term) will mean that its hopefully not really busy anyway.

I'd be grateful if anyone familiar with these areas in SP could tell me whether one in particular is quieter, that sort of thing etc.

Many thanks
surfers is a great place and is definetly central. as long as you stay away from the main drag you will be ok with the young kids. Broadbeach is very nice and a lot quieter.

Hannah
Old Mar 29th 2011, 6:48 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hope you can help me.

Many thanks
I don't live there but I'd put in another thumbs-up for Broadbeach ... whenever I'm down that way and want some sea-air that's where you'll find me.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Robbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really niceRobbie37Michelle32 is just really nice

We our staying in the Breakfree beachpoint on staghorn avenue seens a nice place and we have got it for a 4 week rental 50m to the beach and right near shops ect
Old Mar 29th 2011, 9:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't bother with Surfers either. Broadbeach is much nicer and just as good, if not better, for what you're looking for.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I wouldn't bother with Surfers either. Broadbeach is much nicer and just as good, if not better, for what you're looking for.
Few votes for Broadbeach so far then, better start looking at Broadbeach! I'd heard that Broadbeach is in walking distance of Surfers, is this the case?
Old Mar 29th 2011, 9:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Few votes for Broadbeach so far then, better start looking at Broadbeach! I'd heard that Broadbeach is in walking distance of Surfers, is this the case?
Yes (assuming the kids are in buggies) Lovely restaurants there, less trash and quieter but close enough to the buzz if you want to see it.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Yes (assuming the kids are in buggies) Lovely restaurants there, less trash and quieter but close enough to the buzz if you want to see it.
thats great, think it might be Broadbeach then, thanks for everyone's input.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Approx 3.3 kms from main drag in Broadbeach to main drag in Surfers along beach Not that i walked there and back last weekend !!