Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast to Sunshine Coast

Gold Coast to Sunshine Coast

Old Jan 8th 2004, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Cool Gold Coast to Sunshine Coast

Hi Everyone.
Does anyone know if there is a train from the Sunshine Coast to the Gold Coast? Still debating about hiring a car, but I am a bit nervous as I wont know where I am going and I am used to driving on the other side
Old Jan 8th 2004, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

Debsy

check out this incredibly exciting website:

http://qroti.com/

Queensland Railways On The Internet. You might find a picture of your favourite station as well!!

sandy
Old Jan 8th 2004, 8:51 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Debs, there is a train that runs from the Gold Coast to the city. See Sandys website or check out Queensland Rail . Travel is about 90 mins. From Roma Street station you can then catch a bus to the Sunshine Coast, Roma St Transit Centre is the main transport hub in the city & where all the long distance buses leave from.

The only train that goes to the Sunshine Coast goes to Nambour, not a real lot of use unless you can catch a bus from there to where ever you are going. I have no idea on bus services up there.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Thanks everyone. Still deciding where to go and what to do!!
Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by debsy
Thanks everyone. Still deciding where to go and what to do!!

Debs, bus from Nambour to say Mooloolaba would be another 45 mins after the train journey which is about 3 hours. It could be a lot cheaper to get a car espec if you have the family. Useful once you get up here too, buses seem to be once an hourish and finish at about 7pm! I'll try and find the website.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

www.suncoastpacific.com.au seems to be the one