Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

gold coast suburbs-touristy?

gold coast suburbs-touristy?

Old Apr 11th 2007, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

bushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura about
Cool gold coast suburbs-touristy?

We're looking at buying a house over on the Gold Coast as prices here in Perth have gone up too much!
We have looked at Coomera and Helensvale to name but a couple but,as they are close to the theme parks,do they get horribly touristy at times? Do the roads get clogged up with traffic as some do in the UK touristy places?
Old Apr 11th 2007, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future
Default Re: gold coast suburbs-touristy?

Hi,
We live in Pimpama, right next to Coomera and not far from Helensvale. I haven't noticed any major problems with tourists yet or roads and things. I imagine in the height of summer it's busier, but so far no problems that I've seen. The Pacific Highway that runs past the main theme parks is pretty good around those areas most of the time. I'm sure someone with more experience will be able to tell you more though.
Tracy
x
Old Apr 11th 2007, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bushy
We're looking at buying a house over on the Gold Coast as prices here in Perth have gone up too much!
We have looked at Coomera and Helensvale to name but a couple but,as they are close to the theme parks,do they get horribly touristy at times? Do the roads get clogged up with traffic as some do in the UK touristy places?
Hi
My family lived in Oxenford and now are in coomera waters - didn't find it touristy at all, its quite nice having all the attractions on your door step! I Never noticed probs with traffic and they have never mentioned anything I like Helensvale the shops there are quite nice and all is close by! Good Luck Emma xx
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bushy
We are in Upper Coomera and because we are right next to the Pacific Highway find it really easy to get around and the motorway near us has four lanes which is great. The further south you go, the busier it seems to get as far as I can see as it goes down to 3 then 2 lanes down to Tugun.

Dont have any problems with traffic to theme parks.

Julia
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAYMAC
We are in Upper Coomera and because we are right next to the Pacific Highway find it really easy to get around and the motorway near us has four lanes which is great. The further south you go, the busier it seems to get as far as I can see as it goes down to 3 then 2 lanes down to Tugun.

Dont have any problems with traffic to theme parks.

Julia
Hi, we have been looking at Coomera Springs on the net, is that near you?
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

We live in Pacific Pines and I go past Wet and Wild and movie world on a regular basis and have never got stuck in any traffic at all.

The only time it was busy was the other week when a cattle truck lost its load of cows on the Pacific Highway which runs past the theme parks, poor things it was horrible, they had to shoot a few due to their injuries.

LibbyX
Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Hi, we have been looking at Coomera Springs on the net, is that near you?
Yes, Coomera Springs is only a few minutes drive away. We drove there the other day just out of interest to have a look at it. It is a little bit further away from Supermarkets and schools but is a nice place.

Julia
Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAYMAC
Yes, Coomera Springs is only a few minutes drive away. We drove there the other day just out of interest to have a look at it. It is a little bit further away from Supermarkets and schools but is a nice place.

Julia
Thanks