Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast Suburbs?

Gold Coast Suburbs?

Old Aug 13th 2007, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

parh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Gold Coast Suburbs?

A complete turn around for us, one minute Cairns now the Gold Coast with a job offer! All previous real estate research down the pan! I would really appreciate some ideas of suburbs N,S,E or W of sanctuary cove. We have 3 children 4,9 & 11 and schools would be a help too!!! I've read a few recent threads from you guys in the gold coast and look forward to your meet ups in the near future! Many thanks for any help and advice, PARH
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold Coast Suburbs?

Originally Posted by parh
A complete turn around for us, one minute Cairns now the Gold Coast with a job offer! All previous real estate research down the pan! I would really appreciate some ideas of suburbs N,S,E or W of sanctuary cove. We have 3 children 4,9 & 11 and schools would be a help too!!! I've read a few recent threads from you guys in the gold coast and look forward to your meet ups in the near future! Many thanks for any help and advice, PARH
As far as I'm concerned there is no bad suburb here. I personally question that anything north of Sanctuary Cove is Gold Coast but if the officials say it is then I guess it is, just too far out for my liking. We don't need Brissie so we prefer it down south. All schools are good to excellent depending on what you need - good teachers because they want to be here. Loads of the kids to do - clubs of every persuasion coming out of your ears. Some areas have large British contingents, some don't. Very friendly people because the majority of folk here have come from somewhere else and are therefore welcoming to newbies.

It's a big area so unless you know of preferences, anything anyone on here says is almost irrelevant to your situation. Some areas I wouldn't live in, not because they are bad, just because they are not what we were looking for and everyone looks for something slightly different from the next person. I think you should find what you're looking for though.

I have heard that the same goes for Cairns as well though The only thing that puts me off about there is the humidity in Summer. I think I need to live here in summer and there in winter. I was cold this winter

Good luck with your decision