Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold coast suburbs?

Gold coast suburbs?

Old Jun 3rd 2006, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of
Default Gold coast suburbs?

Hi,we are going to Melbourne this September,but wife has a thing about living on the Gold Coast,I dont mind either way as long as we are happy in oz,I know a bit now about suburbs in area we are going,but want to know about affordable areas of Gold Coast to settle and buy a house,any places to avoid,best places to buy?Any ideas?Thanks in advance,Cheers Dave
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 10:46 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold coast suburbs?

Originally Posted by weeman111
Hi,we are going to Melbourne this September,but wife has a thing about living on the Gold Coast,I dont mind either way as long as we are happy in oz,I know a bit now about suburbs in area we are going,but want to know about affordable areas of Gold Coast to settle and buy a house,any places to avoid,best places to buy?Any ideas?Thanks in advance,Cheers Dave
not been here long enough to know all about the place. the only area i would dodge is Labrador. dont know why, just dont like the area
some other posters know more about the southend though. everything below surfers, i dont really know.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Irish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldnt go near Pacific pines either some weird people live there! hehe
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 11:09 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irish Aussie Teen
Wouldnt go near Pacific pines either some weird people live there! hehe
if it keep s u away, then everyones happy
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Irish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
if it keep s u away, then everyones happy
Dont worry i wouldnt go near the place! Heard that theres loads of bald people there!
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 12:09 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Irish Aussie Teen
Dont worry i wouldnt go near the place! Heard that theres loads of bald people there!
oh wait till i tell the wife u called her baldy
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 12:36 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Back on topic There are no "bad" areas. There are one or two that are possibly not as brilliant as others but they are well populated so lots of other people like then. There is also some regeneration going on so these areas could end up being good value.

All depends on what you want and where you want to work, whether you want to be in the midst of everything or in the hinterland, on the beach or close to major shopping centres.

Can give you more info if you give us an idea of what you or (more importantly) your wife wants.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 1:37 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Back on topic There are no "bad" areas. There are one or two that are possibly not as brilliant as others
name and shame
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dave,

There are not too many bad areas and it all depends on how much you want to spend on a house to be perfectly honest. How close to the beach you want to be? or do you want to be closer for commuting to Brisbane for example?.
Do you want to buy land and build a new house? or want an older style home nearer the Hinterland?

If you want any more information and low downs on any of the Gold Coast suburbs let me know and I will send you some information.

Tony
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 10:42 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Back on topic There are no "bad" areas. There are one or two that are possibly not as brilliant as others but they are well populated so lots of other people like then. There is also some regeneration going on so these areas could end up being good value.

All depends on what you want and where you want to work, whether you want to be in the midst of everything or in the hinterland, on the beach or close to major shopping centres.

Can give you more info if you give us an idea of what you or (more importantly) your wife wants.
Ditto.

What sort of thing are you after? Near the beack, hinterland, near town, ect?

Also,re Labrador, it has a reptutation of being a bit dodgy with quite a few druggies based there. Even so it's not that bad and it's one of the few places you'll still find affordable housing in walking distnce of the shore. It also has a decent state primary school.

Paul.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

The Gold coast is paradise so everywhere is a pleasure to live, i would say that it's mostly a good place with a few even better places. Probably no help but there you go.....
Old Jun 4th 2006, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by soapy
oh wait till i tell the wife u called her baldy
Em soapy i think you'll find i wasnt talking about your wife!
Old Jun 4th 2006, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of

Hi,I have been informed near the beach!We spent a month on holiday in Surfers about 2 years ago,we loved it,wife works as a travel agent so she may have to get a job in Brisbane and travel,so north of Surfers probably would be best.Cheers Dave
Old Jun 4th 2006, 9:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,I have been informed near the beach!We spent a month on holiday in Surfers about 2 years ago,we loved it,wife works as a travel agent so she may have to get a job in Brisbane and travel,so north of Surfers probably would be best.Cheers Dave
As you start going north of Surfers you actually start running out of suburbs next to the ocean, you start getting the inland waterways areas. I would guess Coombabah, Biggera Waters but they can be a bit fiddly to get to MI.

For closeness to the M1 and within 10 15 minutes to the ocean, I would look at Arundel, Parkwood areas but I don't know anything about those suburbs. Any further south than that you will adding time to Brissie. From those areas in rush hour to central Brissie you are probably looking at an hour on a good day.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 12:54 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

As you start going north of Surfers you actually start running out of suburbs next to the ocean, you start getting the inland waterways areas. I would guess Coombabah, Biggera Waters but they can be a bit fiddly to get to MI.

For closeness to the M1 and within 10 15 minutes to the ocean, I would look at Arundel, Parkwood areas but I don't know anything about those suburbs. Any further south than that you will adding time to Brissie. From those areas in rush hour to central Brissie you are probably looking at an hour on a good day.

Coombabah is alright but does have alot of rental properties. This is alright if you want to rent I suppose but we personally wouldn't buy a house there. Pacific Pines, Helensvale and Oxenford are all north of surfers. 40 mins to Brisbane, 15 mins to the beach. Some people don't like the bottom half of Oxenford, the part they class as Studio Village. Apparently it used to have a reputation for idiot drivers and again there were alot of rental properties. Now it is a nice area but still putting up with it's old reputation. I would have no problem living there. Upper Coomera and Coomera are a little closer to Brisbane still, and there is an enormous amount of development going on up there at the moment. These areas would put you around 40 mins to Brissie and 20 mins to the beach. Personally I'd stay around Pacific Pines/Helensvale/Oxenford. Just depends on what you like. All these suburbs are within 5 mins of the M1 and all have recreational facilities and decent schools (from what I've heard)
Hope this helps
Marie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.