Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which Gold Coast School would you choose?

Which Gold Coast School would you choose?

Old Sep 21st 2007, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

micnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the rough
Default Which Gold Coast School would you choose?

Hi

If you chose where to live on the gold coast purely based on the state schools in the area - where would you choose to live?

Nicky
Old Sep 21st 2007, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

sarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to all
Default Re: Which Gold Coast School would you choose?

Originally Posted by micnic
Hi

If you chose where to live on the gold coast purely based on the state schools in the area - where would you choose to live?

Nicky
hi nicky,good post ,sorry i cant answere as we are on our way to the goldcoast in jan 08 but im very interested in any reply to this also as we have 13 & 16 yr girls ,the 13 yr old obviously needs a school when we get there, i see you are from portsmouth,im originally from havant but moved to horndean 7 yrs ago and now just waiting to sell our bungalow and we are off in the new year,we are staying in broadbeach on arrival and then take it from there, so when do you go out and where abouts in portsmouth are you ?
sarahlou
Old Sep 21st 2007, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

micnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the rough

where abouts in portsmouth are you ?
sarahlou [/QUOTE]

PROBABLY JUST AROUND THE CORNER!!!!!!!

We live in Horndean also! North Road to be precise!

We are flying on 11th October can' believe it has finally come round. Our container has been and we are literally in limbo waiting for our departure.

We have holiday accomodation in Coomera for 4 weeks and will then find a rental once we're out there.

We have put our names down for the Gold Coast meet at the end of October so that should be good fun.

Do you have a definite date of departure yet?

Nicky
Old Sep 21st 2007, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

sarahlou

We are flying on 11th October can' believe it has finally come round. Our container has been and we are literally in limbo waiting for our departure.

We have holiday accomodation in Coomera for 4 weeks and will then find a rental once we're out there.

We have put our names down for the Gold Coast meet at the end of October so that should be good fun.

Nicky[/QUOTE]
hi

glad to hear all going well for you can i just ask is it a holiday home you have or apartments as we have been looking round the coomera area for holiday lets next year,

any info would be gratefully received

c xx
Old Sep 21st 2007, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

We have a holiday home - it is a three bed townhouse in a complex called Savannah Waters. It is the only holiday home in the complex - the rest are long term lets. there is a swimming pool there. the home can be found on www.stayz.com.au - search by region - it will appear in the Coomera section. the house is booked 'by the room' so we are only having two rooms for the four of us to keep the cost down a bit. We decided it was important to arrive and be in an 'ordinary life' situation rather than feel that we were on holiday.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

thanks micnic

i will have a look at the website, we have been looking at coomera waters for long term

c xx
Old Sep 21st 2007, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

sarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to all

sarahlou

Nicky[/QUOTE]
OMG ! small world, my friend moved last year,she lived round near Murry Rd, we are in Queens Cresent, we are staying in a holiday rental which we hired from doub who is also a BE member, we are flying out 5th Jan,fingers crossed that the bungalow sells in time,we are hoping to go to a meet in January as i think soapy said there would probably be one,do you have children in Horndean Juniors or seniors,my eldest has just left and the 13yr old goes to Petersfield (her choice),
oh before i forget who are you using for the removals,weve been given a petersfield company,it was recommended as its a family run,
sarahlou
Old Sep 21st 2007, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

We have younger children - 6 and 3. Our eldest is at Catherington Infants.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the sale of your bungalow!

If there is a January meet then we'll go to that too and hopefully meet you then.

We used Allied Pickfords - their quote was on the high side to start compared to the other company but their service seemed much more professional. I phoned them and asked for their best price - then booked with them - £3300 ish for 20 ft container with full packing and unpacking service - didn't take their insurance - too expensive - went with Letton Percival. The men who came to pack were very good. so far no problems but it of course remains to be seen whether the goods arrive on time/in one piece etc.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 6:54 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Nicky
varsity lakes

http://varsitycollege.eq.edu.au/wcmss/

regards steve
Old Sep 21st 2007, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

We have younger children - 6 and 3. Our eldest is at Catherington Infants.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the sale of your bungalow!

If there is a January meet then we'll go to that too and hopefully meet you then.

We used Allied Pickfords - their quote was on the high side to start compared to the other company but their service seemed much more professional. I phoned them and asked for their best price - then booked with them - £3300 ish for 20 ft container with full packing and unpacking service - didn't take their insurance - too expensive - went with Letton Percival. The men who came to pack were very good. so far no problems but it of course remains to be seen whether the goods arrive on time/in one piece etc.
well good luck and hope to see you at the January meet,hope you do an update as soon as you have setteld in,i do like to hear how people get on,
good luck !!
sarah
Old Sep 21st 2007, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve`o
varsity lakes

regards steve
yes ive heard that they are good,they also featured in Down Under programme (Esme enrolled there) ive also read in previous threads that Robina has a lovely school,
sarah
Old Sep 21st 2007, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve`o
varsity lakes

regards steve
thanks - will look at the website.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 7:21 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

thanks - will look at the website.
no probs

my daughter terri (14) goes there, shes come form a private and grammer school background and has fitted in really well

if you need anymore info just ask

regards steve
Old Sep 21st 2007, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

i think i'm using the wrong term for the schools! when i say state i mean as opposed to private but i am now right in saying that state in Oz means the same as senior school in england?

I'm getting a little confused!

My eldest daughter is only 6 (7 in January) so she will need the equivalent of an infants school - primary in Oz?? If i'm right, she will enter Year 2 from January 2008 - or maybe not!
Old Sep 21st 2007, 7:46 pm
Worongary

i think i'm using the wrong term for the schools! when i say state i mean as opposed to private but i am now right in saying that state in Oz means the same as senior school in england?

I'm getting a little confused!

My eldest daughter is only 6 (7 in January) so she will need the equivalent of an infants school - primary in Oz?? If i'm right, she will enter Year 2 from January 2008 - or maybe not!
no your right there are state schools and privaste schools just the same as in the uk
so for smaller chidlers look at the prep or junior section on the web site that i previously posted

regards steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.