Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast Parking Fines

Gold Coast Parking Fines

Old Feb 24th 2008, 7:09 am

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light
Default Gold Coast Parking Fines

Yesterday we were at Burleigh Heads beach and people were getting $300 fines for parking on the grass, and today we were at Main Beach and people were getting $120 fines for not parking in designated areas.

There's always cars parked on the grass at Burleigh and due to the lack of parking at the beaches it's very tempting to park on the grass luckly somebody told us so we didn't get fined but just thought I would post this so other BE members beware the parking enforcement officers are out in force at the beaches.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold Coast Parking Fines

Originally Posted by Simba
Yesterday we were at Burleigh Heads beach and people were getting $300 fines for parking on the grass, and today we were at Main Beach and people were getting $120 fines for not parking in designated areas.

There's always cars parked on the grass at Burleigh and due to the lack of parking at the beaches it's very tempting to park on the grass luckly somebody told us so we didn't get fined but just thought I would post this so other BE members beware the parking enforcement officers are out in force at the beaches.
We've just come back from snapper rocks . Absolutely rakes of cars parked on grass verges but didn't see any tickets on them
Old Feb 24th 2008, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Simba

Aha, smells like yet another revenue raiser to me.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:02 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
Aha, smells like yet another revenue raiser to me.
Yeah, could be seen as a bit of a revenue raiser....

Problem is, I've seen places where a few people park in quite sensiblke grassed/verge areas .........

then someone parks a little closer to the beach.......

then another....

then sonme complete tool comes along in his big tank and parks it near your kids.....

then the place is a complete shamozzle with people being idiots parking all over the shop completely spoiling it for everyone......
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

I think as long as it's clearly signed that you're not allowed to do it, then anyone who thinks they're more important than the rest of the world bloody well ought to be fined.
Does annoy me when the sign is minute and on the other side of a tree or something and then you get fined anyway... that happened to me at the back of Exeter Cathedral once! We parked on this empty street, went to eat around the corner, got back and the car was clamped! So much for christian charity.....