Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast meet Up this Sunday 3rd July

Gold Coast meet Up this Sunday 3rd July

Old Jun 28th 2005, 12:41 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gold Coast meet Up this Sunday 3rd July

Hello again,
Just a check to remind peeps about this Sunday at park opposite Australia Fair at 12 midday for all those who want to meet up (hope it's not raining!)
So far I think I'm right in saying we have: JJL Family, Debsy, The Plumber, Dicko & Pete Hoy and on the possibly list are: Elksa & Funkybuddah, Sue from Manchester. What about Gazza 22222 and Floweroscotland? Sue 2 mentioned being there but I don't think she will have arrived yet?! Any one else interested? Do people want a contingency if it's peeing down or just postpone? My work shift has been changed all that week end to over night (4pm - 4 am) so I'll be there .....but may need to be prodded occasionally to check that I'm still with the land of the awake! Any body else coming?
Colette
Old Jun 28th 2005, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Gold Coast meet Up this Sunday 3rd July

Hi Colette,

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, I will be there on Sunday with my hubby and Kids, 12pm sounds good, how are we going to know where to meet as it's a pretty big park and always really busy at weekends, is someone going to have a flag like last year? It will be great to finally meet up with fellow brits so far from home. Just hope it stays dry!!

Lisa
Old Jun 28th 2005, 10:02 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floweroscotland
Hi Colette,

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, I will be there on Sunday with my hubby and Kids, 12pm sounds good, how are we going to know where to meet as it's a pretty big park and always really busy at weekends, is someone going to have a flag like last year? It will be great to finally meet up with fellow brits so far from home. Just hope it stays dry!!

Lisa
Gazza did say innitially that he would come and bring his flag - but havn't had confirmation. Any others want to stipulate an exact meeting place? (I don't know the park well enough). Debsy, Gazza, Plummer, you guys about? Where exactly did you collate last time?
Old Jun 28th 2005, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hiya collette,have a great meet and think of me,imflying on the 3rd of july,count me in the next one

looking forward to meeting you,oh and by the way kerry has 2 gigs lined up already and we re not even there yet

tracey
Old Jun 28th 2005, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Nothing against Paddock Wood....but I really wish we could come to this meet on the 3rd July instead....oh well next year hopefully...have a good one.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Oh, i can just picture myself where u are going to meet!!! i used to bike past it every day!!!

well, i will be on the coast on Sept. 20th, so won't be able to make this meeting but in a couple of months i will join!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yippie!!!!! have a fantastic day and a few for Fabie!!!

fabie
Old Jun 28th 2005, 10:11 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scissors
hiya collette,have a great meet and think of me,imflying on the 3rd of july,count me in the next one

looking forward to meeting you,oh and by the way kerry has 2 gigs lined up already and we re not even there yet

tracey
Hi Tracey,
Have a great flight and yes we will throw some happy good flight vibes out there on that day. (Just realised that it's my best friends Birthday on that day too!) So a special day for many. Just out of interest what gigs has Kerry got lined up? (P.S - we're really settling in here now....we love the Gold Coast, I'm sure you'll love it.)
Old Jun 29th 2005, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
Hi Tracey,
Have a great flight and yes we will throw some happy good flight vibes out there on that day. (Just realised that it's my best friends Birthday on that day too!) So a special day for many. Just out of interest what gigs has Kerry got lined up? (P.S - we're really settling in here now....we love the Gold Coast, I'm sure you'll love it.)
Hi Collete

We will be there (still don't know how to find you ?????? flower in lapel )

Do you know that the marathon is on that Sunday from 4:30am - 12:30pm some of the roads will be closed, it starts from broad water and ends there . So i would imagine it will be extremely busy ,hope this doesn't pose any problems...

Lesley
Old Jun 29th 2005, 8:10 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JJL family
Hi Collete

We will be there (still don't know how to find you ?????? flower in lapel )

Do you know that the marathon is on that Sunday from 4:30am - 12:30pm some of the roads will be closed, it starts from broad water and ends there . So i would imagine it will be extremely busy ,hope this doesn't pose any problems...

Lesley
HMM! Does any one know? (is there any body out there.......?) Debsy? Gazza? Plummer? Where are all you experts? For recognition... I will be wearing a VERY purple, VERY fluffy jumper - so If you see someone wearing something that most of you wouldn't be seen dead in....chances are it's me! I was planning to park in Australia Fair - wonder if that will still be an option!
Old Jun 29th 2005, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

HMM! Does any one know? (is there any body out there.......?) Debsy? Gazza? Plummer? Where are all you experts? For recognition... I will be wearing a VERY purple, VERY fluffy jumper - so If you see someone wearing something that most of you wouldn't be seen dead in....chances are it's me! I was planning to park in Australia Fair - wonder if that will still be an option!
Hi
If we come we will have to walk cos our road is closed for the Marathon
Old Jun 29th 2005, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi there collette,kerry is going to see simple plan and taste of chaos havent lined any up myself yet thought id wait till we get there.

good yo hear your getting on ok,what do you think about coomera then,kerry is thinking about trying for a job in one of the theme parks there,whats it like living there??
Hi Tracey,
Old Jun 29th 2005, 1:10 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Debsy - hope you do come (you must live close) as I have heard about you from the Brissie Mob and would love to meet to. I had a good chat with you a while ago on-line and would be good to say hello.

Scissors - Hey hon! Got your own thread now! Well, hope your honoured! LOL! Huge love and luck for your flight. As for bands - Lordy - I must be gettin old - never even heard of them (damn - prided myself on being such a hip Mum too - oh well! I love Upper Coomera as it's reeally the heart of my industry here - got 3 jobs lined up one with the Warner Studio - so I'm pretty chuffed at gettin work so soon (even though only 2/3 are paid jobs!) Start one tomorrow - 4 day shoot - but looking forward to it. Hubby on the other hand is finding it tough as the bread earner - all the work here is casual! That provides no security at all and is hard to budget on! Surviving ....just....but with a smile on my face! Still I truly love OZ and Gold Coast is where I wanna be! Upper coomera is fine for me just now - and handy as we only have 1 car - so great as school, kindy and shops are close. My boys are happy and even though it's belting it down right now - I'm happy here too. I like the proximity to other places (ie, up the mountain to Brisie and GC etc...) But if you've got a bit of cash - I'd say Helensvale has more character to the houses (I think). All personal taste though. When you arrive and if you go through a freak out moment....come have a bottle of wine and a chat! It's wonderfull...(but scarey too!) All the best,
Colette x
Old Jun 30th 2005, 9:21 am
Happy go Lucky

branlor5 will become famous soon enoughbranlor5 will become famous soon enough
Talking hi ,i am a new one to all this

hi guys ,my name is laura me and my partner sean just moved here 4 months ago with our son brandon who is 5 ....
we love it here ,sean has started work with his dad now, they are both bricklayers and are doing ok at the moment !
i have just started to read this discussion forum and saw that some of you are having a meeting on the 3rd july ,we would love to come if thats ok .
just one thing how will we know where to meet ? will there be a uk flag.... lol
Old Jun 30th 2005, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

gazza22222 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

I can't make this Sunday because we are taking some friends up to Sirromet Winery. I am sure you have relised that the Gold Coast Marathon with 22,00 runners is on the Sunday morning and uses the main road that runs in front of Australia Fair and the park where you are meeting. A bit late to switch the venue but good luck and I will bring my union jack flag to the next one.

Gazza22222
Old Jun 30th 2005, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Maybe we should make it next Sunday, the broadwater car park is closed and we will never get parked inside Australia fair as there is 22,000 runners expected, what does everyone think, do you still want to make it the 3rd is it too late to change.

Lisa

Originally Posted by gazza22222
Hi All

I can't make this Sunday because we are taking some friends up to Sirromet Winery. I am sure you have relised that the Gold Coast Marathon with 22,00 runners is on the Sunday morning and uses the main road that runs in front of Australia Fair and the park where you are meeting. A bit late to switch the venue but good luck and I will bring my union jack flag to the next one.

Gazza22222

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.