Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

gold coast meet up

gold coast meet up

Old Feb 20th 2011, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

fishe-neilens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default gold coast meet up

hi my wife and I moved to the gold coast jan 2011, im a mechanic and shes a nursury school teacher, we have 2 kids a girl 6 and boy 3. we are living north palm beach. looking to meet up with families with kids and get to know some other brits
Old Feb 21st 2011, 8:54 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: gold coast meet up

Hey we live this end too but our kids are teenagers, just wanted to say hi and welcome you! Anything we can help you with just ask!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Paula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud of
Red face Re: gold coast meet up

Hi

Have you joined on facebook expats on the gold coast there's a meet up

We are in need of a good old get together as my family and I missed the last one! So I thought it time to sort something out. For those who don't know the area it is right next to The Grand Hotel, Labrador Beach/Park If you don't fancy a sausage there is a lovely Fish n Chip shop there too. Play park for the smaller children, a small beach and Pelican feeding at about 1pm. Hope to see you all there.

Paula
Old Apr 26th 2011, 1:02 am
Just Joined

Slympro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fishe-neilens
hi my wife and I moved to the gold coast jan 2011, im a mechanic and shes a nursury school teacher, we have 2 kids a girl 6 and boy 3. we are living north palm beach. looking to meet up with families with kids and get to know some other brits
Hi,
We moved here 7 months ago from Melbourne, been in Oz 3 years. We live near clear island waters, I am into electronics & wifes a nurse, we have 2 daughters 7 & 9, its definatley a bit more difficult to meet families here on the GC than in Vic, which part of UK were you from?
Cheers
Paul & Sarah
Old May 4th 2011, 10:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Slympro
Hi,
We moved here 7 months ago from Melbourne, been in Oz 3 years. We live near clear island waters, I am into electronics & wifes a nurse, we have 2 daughters 7 & 9, its definatley a bit more difficult to meet families here on the GC than in Vic, which part of UK were you from?
Cheers
Paul & Sarah
Hi Paul and Sarah,
We are from Gloucester, how are your girls settling at school my daughter Jodi is really enjoying it, although I was a bit concerned at first very different from uk teaching. if you fancy getting together with the kids at some point let us know.
Paula and Tim
Old May 6th 2011, 3:58 am
Just Joined

Hi Paul and Sarah,
We are from Gloucester, how are your girls settling at school my daughter Jodi is really enjoying it, although I was a bit concerned at first very different from uk teaching. if you fancy getting together with the kids at some point let us know.
Paula and Tim
Hi Paula & Tim,
Thanks for the reply, I used to work in Tewkesbury near gloucester. Schools is a long story, allthough the school the girls went to in Victoria was right up there, our two definately took a pace or two backwards. On the GC our two started at what appeared to be a good school, but was not a great experience for our older daughter. So we took the older one out & put her in a different school where she is much happier, we are awaiting a place at the same school for the younger one. So seperate schools & a 45 minute school run at the moment, but happy to say both are thriving.
How old is your daughter? & do you have any other kids?
How long have you been over here? A get together would be great, where abouts do you live?

Rgds
Sarah & Paul
Old May 6th 2011, 4:10 am
Just Joined

Hi Paula & Tim,
Thanks for the reply, I used to work in Tewkesbury near gloucester. Schools is a long story, allthough the school the girls went to in Victoria was right up there, our two definately took a pace or two backwards. On the GC our two started at what appeared to be a good school, but was not a great experience for our older daughter. So we took the older one out & put her in a different school where she is much happier, we are awaiting a place at the same school for the younger one. So seperate schools & a 45 minute school run at the moment, but happy to say both are thriving.
How old is your daughter? & do you have any other kids?
How long have you been over here? A get together would be great, where abouts do you live?

Rgds
Sarah & Paul
Hi,
No need to answer those questions, I can see the info is already there above.
If you like, why not inbox us if you have the oppurtunity to meet up. We have rare occaission where neither of us is working for the next 2 weekends.
Old May 8th 2011, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Hi,
No need to answer those questions, I can see the info is already there above.
If you like, why not inbox us if you have the oppurtunity to meet up. We have rare occaission where neither of us is working for the next 2 weekends.
Let us know when is good for you as we dont work weekends, you are more than welcome to come here or we can meet somewhere in between, look forward to meeting you.
Paula and Tim
Old May 10th 2011, 5:57 am
Just Joined

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-au; HTC_Desire_A8183 V2.26.841.2 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Great..how about saturday 14th, gotta be after 14:30 as the girls are at a party. We could meet at burleigh heads or broadbeach, if thats ok let us know.. where and when and we,ll pm you a contact number
Thanks

Last edited by Slympro; May 10th 2011 at 6:00 am.
Old May 11th 2011, 10:51 am
Just Joined

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-au; HTC_Desire_A8183 V2.26.841.2 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Great..how about saturday 14th, gotta be after 14:30 as the girls are at a party. We could meet at burleigh heads or broadbeach, if thats ok let us know.. where and when and we,ll pm you a contact number
Thanks
Thats fine for us lets say broadbeach near the main park will pm you or mobile no.
Old May 11th 2011, 11:41 am
Just Joined

beatts is an unknown quantity at this point

You guy's should all check out the Christmas in July/ Scotland v England football game meet up. Its a great day out for all the family!It is posted a couple of post's under this one.It is held at Southport soccer ground in Ashmore and so far there is about 50 familys going. Hope this helps
Cheers Scott

Last edited by beatts; May 11th 2011 at 11:50 am.
Old May 11th 2011, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by beatts
You guy's should all check out the Christmas in July/ Scotland v England football game meet up. Its a great day out for all the family!It is posted a couple of post's under this one.It is held at Southport soccer ground in Ashmore and so far there is about 50 familys going. Hope this helps
Cheers Scott
Will do, July is a long way away yet. Thanks
Old May 12th 2011, 12:15 am
Just Joined

Great..how about saturday 14th, gotta be after 14:30 as the girls are at a party. We ciuld meet at burleigh heads or broadbeach if that suits
Old May 13th 2011, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

Great..how about saturday 14th, gotta be after 14:30 as the girls are at a party. We ciuld meet at burleigh heads or broadbeach if that suits
Hi my mob is <snip> is broadbeach near the main park ok? look forwrd to meeting you later.
Paula

Last edited by moneypenny20; May 18th 2011 at 12:02 pm. Reason: Don't post phone numbers on a public forum. Send it via PM.