British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Gold Coast Meet! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/gold-coast-meet-336967/)

Sue2 Nov 11th 2005 10:07 pm

Gold Coast Meet!

Right come on guys...I heard the last one had a bad turnout :rolleyes: who's up for a meet before Xmas? would be really nice to meet everyone I've been chatting to over the past year.

Shall we say last weekend in November 26th-27th or first weekend in December 3rd-4th?

I was thinking maybe a park for us with kids with and a place with a BBQ area then we could just bring a bit of food? We have a really good secured park near us 'Palm Beach' with a BBQ area inside it, its really nice as it looks over the some water....or any other suggestions would be great :)

Come on who's up for it!!!

Sue x

68MEVY Nov 12th 2005 2:26 am

Re: Gold Coast Meet!

Originally Posted by Sue2
Right come on guys...I heard the last one had a bad turnout :rolleyes: who's up for a meet before Xmas? would be really nice to meet everyone I've been chatting to over the past year.

Shall we say last weekend in November 26th-27th or first weekend in December 3rd-4th?

I was thinking maybe a park for us with kids with and a place with a BBQ area then we could just bring a bit of food? We have a really good secured park near us 'Palm Beach' with a BBQ area inside it, its really nice as it looks over the some water....or any other suggestions would be great :)

Come on who's up for it!!!

Sue x

We are in, definately, 100% We are me (Marie), hubby Steve and 4 yr old Libby. My bro in laws wife may tag along too, she emigrated out here 2 years ago now, although they are going on hol in England and I'm not sure when so she may miss this one.
Not met a single soul since we've been here. We are officially Billy No Mates!
A Sunday would be better for us if others can do that.
Don't mind where it is, we both drive so I'm sure we'll find it.
Marie

Sue2 Nov 12th 2005 10:09 am

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
We are in, definately, 100% We are me (Marie), hubby Steve and 4 yr old Libby. My bro in laws wife may tag along too, she emigrated out here 2 years ago now, although they are going on hol in England and I'm not sure when so she may miss this one.
Marie

Great Marie :D

It will be me :) Hubby Chris and Morgan 8, Cameron 6....its a really nice way to meet people, have been to 3 in the UK and still keep in touch with quite a few people from those meets now.

Sue :)

swissfabs Nov 12th 2005 10:12 am

Im in too... pretty busy with work and functions and xmas parties but will try my best!!!! just let me know the final date!

xx fabie

Great Marie :D

It will be me :) Hubby Chris and Morgan 8, Cameron 6....its a really nice way to meet people, have been to 3 in the UK and still keep in touch with quite a few people from those meets now.

Sue :)

Sue2 Nov 12th 2005 11:05 am

Originally Posted by swissfabs
Im in too... pretty busy with work and functions and xmas parties but will try my best!!!! just let me know the final date!

xx fabie

Will do....would a Sunday be better for you too?

Sue x

swissfabs Nov 12th 2005 11:46 am

Will do....would a Sunday be better for you too?

Sue x

dont have kids , no partner either, so i dont mind! whatever is easier for u!

TrickyTrev Nov 12th 2005 12:51 pm

Hi Sue, Oh how we wish we could come to your meet but we are still here in the UK :( !!! Will see you next year though :) !! Love Trev xx

moneypenny20 Nov 12th 2005 2:51 pm

Hi Sue

We will be there then :eek: We land on the 24th and are staying at Debsy's place so right on the beach :cool: Not aware of having plans for those weekends as yet ;) so put us (me, him, girls 13 & 10) down to join you.

Colette, where are you hon?

68MEVY Nov 13th 2005 5:51 am

Marie

The sis in law goes back to England mid Dec, so she is up for it too.

Marie

JJL family Nov 13th 2005 6:01 am

Hiya Sue,

Put us down aswell, me (Lesley) john and joe 9...........anywhere is good for us.

xx lesley

Sir Slippery Nov 13th 2005 8:06 am

well it's nice to know that there are Expats meeting up on the Gold Coast, we are moving there hopefully about sept time next year.

So pending successful spouse visa we will see you there.

have fun and a Tooheys old for me

Sue2 Nov 13th 2005 9:15 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Hi Sue

We will be there then :eek: We land on the 24th and are staying at Debsy's place so right on the beach :cool: Not aware of having plans for those weekends as yet ;) so put us (me, him, girls 13 & 10) down to join you.

Colette, where are you hon?

Cool!! It will be really nice for you guys if you can come.... in the first few weeks we met up with some friends for BBQ's and to be honest it was so nice to have a break from looking around n stuff :) it will help you chill :beer:

Sue x

Sue2 Nov 13th 2005 9:16 am

The sis in law goes back to England mid Dec, so she is up for it too.

Marie

Gr8 :beer: :D

Sue x

Sue2 Nov 13th 2005 9:19 am

Trickytrev & Sir Slippery :D lets hope this ones goes well, and hope to see you guys at the next one :beer:

Sue x

Sue2 Nov 13th 2005 9:23 am

Originally Posted by JJL family
Hiya Sue,

Put us down aswell, me (Lesley) john and joe 9...........anywhere is good for us.

xx lesley

Hiya hun

I'll keep an eye on the park as part of a fence is missing :rolleyes: hope it gets fixed as its not a bad place, its safe for the kids and there is a BBQ area inside it too.

:D :beer: