Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold coast lifestyle ??

Gold coast lifestyle ??

Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

shark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant future
Default Gold coast lifestyle ??

We are set to move to the Gold coast in 08, looking for a quiet family beach suberb & a laid back lifestyle.
A question for the expats already living there, whats life really like on the Gold coast??
i,ve read many different opinions, some say tacky, another says over run with Japanese, yet some say beautiful beaches with a laid back lifestyle & the best place in OZ.
I know opinions differ ,but it would be intresting to hear from people who live there
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:32 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold coast lifestyle ??

The only "tacky place" in my book is surfers paradise,that seems to be the place where all the out of town tourist's go...once you become local there are a stack of nicer places to visit along the coast.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:35 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shark bait
We are set to move to the Gold coast in 08, looking for a quiet family beach suberb & a laid back lifestyle.
A question for the expats already living there, whats life really like on the Gold coast??
i,ve read many different opinions, some say tacky, another says over run with Japanese, yet some say beautiful beaches with a laid back lifestyle & the best place in OZ.
I know opinions differ ,but it would be intresting to hear from people who live there
http://www.verygc.com/places_to_disc...olangatta.html

should tick your boxes
Old Dec 4th 2007, 8:37 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shark bait
The Gold Coast is fantastic,the beaches are amazing,and the Spit is a lovely place to spend the day.You will have acres of room on the beach,even at Surfers.Its nothing like a Spanish beach where they cram you all together and rent you a bed!!!Lol.

The 'tackyness' comments from people about Surfers annoys me.Theres nothing wrong with it.
First off,no one would stay there as its a HOLIDAY DESTINATION so it has hotels and bars ect.Would they buy a house in Magaluf?
It has some good bars and we stay in Ashmore which is handy enough to go for a night out at the weekends in Surfers.

Broadbeach is a very nice area with a great beach and the restraunts there are brilliant,ive yet to have a bad meal.

As for being over run by Japaneese,could it not be over run by British? The Japaneese keep themselves to themselves here and are well mannered.I'd much rather see them than 24 shaven headed brits staggering about looking to fight whoever has the misfortune of walking past them.

For lifestyle,its brilliant here,theres always something to do at the weekend and 10 months in we're still finding new things.

Theres quite a few Brits and Aussies for that matter,who havent done as much as we have since we got here.

The surf clubs are a good place to go for breakfast and you can sit overlooking the surf which is nice.

In my opinion,i would look to stay somewhere central in the Gold Coast as it gives you equal access to things either side of you.
Wherever you end up,embrace it and dont look for Britain with the sun.You will love it here.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 8:55 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd agree with all of the above, the good thing with the GC is that it is so big and so varied there is something for just about everyone. We're still discovering it all and loving every second.

When you do want a change from the beaches and shops there's always the theme parks to experience or exploring the stunning hinterland, can't think of anywhere else I'd rather live.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

shark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant future

cheers !
great replys

Last edited by shark bait; Dec 4th 2007 at 9:00 pm.