Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast In July

Gold Coast In July

Old Jul 1st 2006, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

shade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really nice
Default Gold Coast In July

Hopefully going over to the Gold Coast early July next year.Is it worth it weather wise.Is it to cold for the beach & places like wet n wild?
Also anyone know of a good carhire place to pick up at Brisbane Airport.
Thanks.
Old Jul 1st 2006, 2:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold Coast In July

Well you wouldn't catch me in the sea in July but as you will be fresh off the plane, you would probably be ok. It's beautiful today, a bit like the perfect spring day in the UK but maybe a little warmer. I'm sure you'd be ok with Wetn'wild.

We were advised not to rent from the airport as they charge a premium. Whereabouts are you staying? Depending on luggage, it may be cheaper to get the train down to Helensvale or Robina and then taxi to wherever you're stopping. Then get a car for down here.

When are you arriving?
Old Jul 1st 2006, 2:06 am
Just Joined

Andy 72 has a brilliant futureAndy 72 has a brilliant futureAndy 72 has a brilliant futureAndy 72 has a brilliant futureAndy 72 has a brilliant futureAndy 72 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by shade8
Hopefully going over to the Gold Coast early July next year.Is it worth it weather wise.Is it to cold for the beach & places like wet n wild?
Thanks.
I live on the GC and July is winter time over here, still gets up to 20 in the day but drops at night. Days are short to sun up 6am down around 16:45 at the min. If you are coming from England I am sure you will be fine just bring a jumper! Re Car Hire not sure on that one..

Cheers have fun

A
Old Jul 1st 2006, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

shade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Andy 72
I live on the GC and July is winter time over here, still gets up to 20 in the day but drops at night. Days are short to sun up 6am down around 16:45 at the min. If you are coming from England I am sure you will be fine just bring a jumper! Re Car Hire not sure on that one..

Cheers have fun

A
Coming from Perth WA
Old Jul 1st 2006, 2:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Coming from Perth WA
It'll be warmer than Perth but probably too cold for you to go in the sea. Hardened Brits off the plane would be fine, softy Aus residents would not
Old Jul 1st 2006, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moneypen20
It'll be warmer than Perth but probably too cold for you to go in the sea. Hardened Brits off the plane would be fine, softy Aus residents would not
We went in July last year and it was lovely and warm.We used budget car hire at airport - pre booked it over internet - saved a fortune - cost £300 for 16 days (I think)No hassle, good service
Old Jul 6th 2006, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

JG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really nice

When my family arrived, Thrifty at the airport were reasonable. I booked it on the internet for them before they arrived though. Wet n Wild is heated at the moment and I still see queues of brave people (smaller queues granted) on the slides when I drive past. Most are wearing t-shirts and boardies though! I think the dash between slides would be cold! During the day is beautiful, love it this time of year.

Thanks.
Old Jul 6th 2006, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JG04
When my family arrived, Thrifty at the airport were reasonable. I booked it on the internet for them before they arrived though. Wet n Wild is heated at the moment and I still see queues of brave people (smaller queues granted) on the slides when I drive past. Most are wearing t-shirts and boardies though! I think the dash between slides would be cold! During the day is beautiful, love it this time of year.

Is it cold in the evening?About 8 degree's here in Perth.
Old Jul 6th 2006, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

JG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really nice

Can get down to about 12 degrees at the moment. I think I'm a woos now as I bought a coat and a heater for the house!!

Is it cold in the evening?About 8 degree's here in Perth.