Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

gold coast industry

gold coast industry

Old May 27th 2013, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

runcorn2surfers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default gold coast industry

Is there any more news on new (oil, gas and nucular) power stations being built on the gold coast area?
i am a pipe welder i think this is class 1 welder/ boiler maker in Australia.
i know that Perth has the most opportunities for my industry but with all things considered i could prefer the gold coast area.
Thank You in advance Jay
Old May 27th 2013, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: gold coast industry

And also would $35 an hour be able to get me a good rental place for just me on my own on the gold coast?
Old May 27th 2013, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

BASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond repute

gold coast industry-

-Gold Coast and industry don't belong in the same sentence.

GC rentals from around AUS$300.00/week for a nice standard of 2 bed flat to whatever you want to pay for, I believe there is a slight shortage of cheaper rentals , though I don't know this for a fact.

Last edited by BASHO; May 27th 2013 at 9:11 pm.
Old May 27th 2013, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

I heard last year there was going to be new developments in the QLD area, ready to start in early 2013. maybe i was misinformed on this
Old May 27th 2013, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

BASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond repute

No disrespect intended but have you seen the size of Queensland ?
Old May 27th 2013, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

i have only ever seen QLD on maps and getting most of my info from here and also Australian expos here in the UK. and i was told there will be fifo to these power stations
Old May 27th 2013, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

FIFO is a common practice, best I could suggest is that you identify the project/s , find the company/s concerned in the construction and find out where they are hiring from, the location of the project will give you an idea of what location you will be able to fifo from/to , --you may even find that they will assist with visas.

You may also consider --from current reports anyway--that the mining industry in particular has shelved a number of projects and that has a bit of a slow down happening with a number of lay offs , this is not to say that it's in any way stuffed , it isn't , it just means that heavy industry may not have quite the jobs demand it had previously given there will be a few more people looking.
Old May 29th 2013, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

Okay thanks for your help, I will have a look more into the projects and companies and let you know how I get on
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BASHO
gold coast industry-

-Gold Coast and industry don't belong in the same sentence.

Absolute rubbish, there is masses of industry, much of it relatively light but still industry on the Gold Coast, Nerang, Molendinar, Burleigh, Southport etc etc all have large industrial parks.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by neil248
Absolute rubbish, there is masses of industry, much of it relatively light but still industry on the Gold Coast, Nerang, Molendinar, Burleigh, Southport etc etc all have large industrial parks.
And if you rate panel beaters , tyre fitters and mechanics as industry you are absolutely right.

You may also classify the catering industry as , well , 'industry' while you're at it along with building , of which there ain't to much going on--the Gold Coast wouldn't want them to miss out.

Why, I am quite wrong now I think about it and I won't let fact is that the Gold Coast had one of the highest unemployment rates in the country last time I bothered to look and a violent crime rate that is little short of frightening put me off the place at all.

Old Jun 2nd 2013, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

And if you rate panel beaters , tyre fitters and mechanics as industry you are absolutely right. You may also classify the catering industry as , well , 'industry' while you're at it along with building , of which there ain't to much going on--the Gold Coast wouldn't want them to miss out.
And don't forget Queensland's thriving pastoral industry. Not so much around the Gold Coast, but it's all Queensland, innit? (I was brought up on the Darling Downs.)
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

Talk to anyone who actually lives here who previously lived in a large British city about crime on the Gold Coast and they will laugh in your face. Around 600,000 people live here so there are plenty of idiots but not in your face.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 7:39 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

And if you rate panel beaters , tyre fitters and mechanics as industry you are absolutely right.

You may also classify the catering industry as , well , 'industry' while you're at it along with building , of which there ain't to much going on--the Gold Coast wouldn't want them to miss out.

Why, I am quite wrong now I think about it and I won't let fact is that the Gold Coast had one of the highest unemployment rates in the country last time I bothered to look and a violent crime rate that is little short of frightening put me off the place at all.

been watching today tonight have we?

what utter rubbish

been here near seven years in that time i know of only one person who has had the misfortune to have had their home brokin in to which was very suspicious and two people i know have had motors stolen and thats it

now work thats a different matter its coming into winter and the unemployment rate will as it does every year in a tourist town go up, construction has been pretty non existent for the last two years but does seem to be starting again i`m seeing land been cleared and lost of small projects getting out of the ground so hopefully a bit of light in that area

Last edited by steve`o; Jun 3rd 2013 at 7:42 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of

Based upon the "Australia with Simon Reeve" documentary on BBC2 (episode 3) last night the Gold Coast has the reputation as being crime ridden (drugs etc) ... a quote from the Australian Police who were interviewed as part of the programme. Based on the number of Bikie gangs in the area I would be inclined to believe them.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icecube
Based upon the "Australia with Simon Reeve" documentary on BBC2 (episode 3) last night the Gold Coast has the reputation as being crime ridden (drugs etc) ... a quote from the Australian Police who were interviewed as part of the programme. Based on the number of Bikie gangs in the area I would be inclined to believe them.
What utter rubbish

Someone seems to be confusing Surfers with the Gold Coast. The GC has the same population as Boston US, ie it's a big place and it has dodgy areas like any other 'city'. Just keep away from Surfers at night and apart from that I'd be happy to go anywhere and feel safe enough. I saw much more crime when I used to work in Orpington.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.