Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold coast, Here's our opinions

Gold coast, Here's our opinions

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gold coast, Here's our opinions

Well we are back from our holiday on the wonderful Gold Coast

Where do we start, lets see: Well we were staying in Helensvale and this is a beautiful place, and the only downside we heard about it was they really struggle with Mozzies in the summer, probably because of the lake.

We really liked it here, and Arundel/Parkwood, looks beautiful as well (Flowerofscotland how lucky you are).
We did notice the amount of public play areas for kids was brilliant and none of them vandalised, there also appeared to be loads of pre school centres.
There were loads of things to do for children in fact and they could never say they were bored living there.
The area itself is brilliant, we done the tourisry bit: Byron Bay (technically NSW), theme parks etc and also found some really nice secluded places thanks to our friends: Fingal Point is absolutely beautiful,

We actually loved the Broadwater area, right in front of the Australia fair shopping centre, enjoyed Surfers as well, although this is really touristry.

When we were there, they had a blues festival at Broadbeach free entry and some good bands on as well.

Over a few post I will try and post some pics, and there is loads more high points that I am sure will come back to us and when they do I will post them. Also those looking at this area might want to try and pick up a book called "Where to Live on the Gold Coast" http://www.laughingwaters.com.au/gallery2.htm, this is a link for it but I dont know were to get it in the UK, it is a really informative book about the different suburbs houses, schools etc.

Anyway we have now decided this is were we want to end up, but we just have to be patient and do our 2 years in Victoria.
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold coast, Here's our opinions

This is the view from Fingal Point:
Attached Thumbnails Gold coast, Here's our opinions-fingal-point.jpg  
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Gold coast, Here's our opinions

This is taken in Helensvale, from a residential area named "The Shores"

We would absolutely die to live here

Attached Thumbnails Gold coast, Here's our opinions-helensvale.jpg  
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

I miss the Gold Coast and all my best friends over there!!!
Please dear DIMIA case officer, hear me...

I have to be patient, just submitted 2 months ago!!!

I used to live in Main Beach (a bit too yuppy), then Broadbeach, near Broadbeach waters!!! Loved the broadwater, has anyone been to Charris Seafood in Labrador???

Good luck to everyone with their visa!!!

fabie
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thumbs up Top Food

Originally posted by swissfabs
I miss the Gold Coast and all my best friends over there!!!
Please dear DIMIA case officer, hear me...

I have to be patient, just submitted 2 months ago!!!

I used to live in Main Beach (a bit too yuppy), then Broadbeach, near Broadbeach waters!!! Loved the broadwater, has anyone been to Charris Seafood in Labrador???

Good luck to everyone with their visa!!!

fabie

Hi we didnt make it there but the best food we had while we were there was "Ashmore Steak & Seafood" The steak and prawns there were absolutely georgeous and exceptional portions.

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 2:47 pm
Not two zombies

Mongrol will become famous soon enough

Who airbrushed clouds into those pictures?
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all
Default Re: Top Food

Originally posted by Dicko
Hi we didnt make it there but the best food we had while we were there was "Ashmore Steak & Seafood" The steak and prawns there were absolutely georgeous and exceptional portions.

Hey dicko,

went there as well! all that free garlic bread!!!

do u know who dicko is??? the judge on Australian Idol!!!

Where are u off to, when u get your visa, and what is ur timeline?
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Top Food

Hey dicko,

went there as well! all that free garlic bread!!!

do u know who dicko is??? the judge on Australian Idol!!!

Where are u off to, when u get your visa, and what is ur timeline?
We have a state sponsorship for Victoria, and the application is going in this week so dont know how long away we are.
We plan on spending the 2 years needed in or around the Melbourne bayside suburbs, and then up to the gold coast, but we may end up staying in Victoria if the kids are settled in School okay it would be a pity to take them away fron new friends, but we will just have to wait & see. But after seeing our friends and all the gold coast has to offer, it would be a pity to not try it there as well.

Hey did you go here: Currumbin Beach how nice it was here as well?
Attached Thumbnails Gold coast, Here's our opinions-currumbin-beach.jpg  
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Mongrol
Who airbrushed clouds into those pictures?

Not bad for winter though
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Currumbin...

yeah i have been to heaps of places on the gold coast since i used to live there. rainbow beach is really nice too.
and have u been to the pub in coolangatta? on the beach? such a nice place!

good luck with your visa! its been exactly 6 months i left the gold coast today!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Currumbin...

yeah i have been to heaps of places on the gold coast since i used to live there. rainbow beach is really nice too.
and have u been to the pub in coolangatta? on the beach? such a nice place!

good luck with your visa! its been exactly 6 months i left the gold coast today!!!

Another thing I really enjoyed about the way of life, Being a big sports fan:

We went to see the Broncos play the Dragons in the Suncorp and it cost us $59 for 2 adults & 2 Kids how cheap is that, compared to the football over here where it will cost £58 for 1 adult & 1 child next year.

Also free public transport with the tickets and the train was due at 17 :28 guess when it arrived? yes 17:28 on the dot