Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast headers - head count

Wikiposts

Gold Coast headers - head count

Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:52 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold Coast headers - head count

Originally Posted by funkybuddah
So guys, who is gonna start this meet up??? It would be sooo great if this could be organised soon, as we will be out there between 20th june-8th July would make us so happy to meet you expats to listen to your experiences and put names to faces

Right then....
Old Jun 14th 2005, 3:18 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

To all of you who expressed an interest in meeting up - stand up and be counted here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308519
Old Jun 14th 2005, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hiya gary,yes i do remember, it seems ages ago now though still soon be here

i ll look both you and debsy up when we get there,cant wait to meet everyone

i ll bet you wish you owned it debs who wouldnt hope your all ok

tracey
Originally Posted by gazza22222
Hi Tracey

You are finally coming to the Gold Coast, I bet you can't wait and are counting down the days. I remember chatting briefly last year, I'm the guy with the minibus business, remember?

We have got blue, blue skies at the moment and have just come in for a cool down after sitting outside by the pool reading. The autums are great here.

Oh well, good luck for the move. Any questions just ask?

Gary (gazza22222)

Last edited by wmoore; Jun 17th 2005 at 2:48 am.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:15 am
Just Joined

Eivets is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Gold Coast headers - head count

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
Ok, don't seem to be that many active members around just now. But I know a few are possibly a-heading this way soon. Stand up and make yourself known - (so I know how much I have to move over to make room - lol!) Just wondereing if Gold Coast meetings are a possibility on the horizon! Not that I don't love being a part of the Brissie ones - but would be nice to meet fellow Coasters! (then we can take turns at being designated drivers! lol!)
Hi there we are moving over from UK to Coomera at the end of August, would definitely be up for some sort of social, not been to that part of Qland before so will the choice of location to you locals. Up for anything mid sept onwards. Are there any surfers out there? I have recently got into it while in Newquay, loved it and looking forward to doing a lot more, always looking for surfie/groms in the area.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road

We stayed in the Morrocan in Surfers for one week and then the in the Pheonician at Broadbeach for another week. It worked out cheaper doing it this way because of the first week specials etc. Also the Barbados apps in Broadbeach are also ok.

Gazza
Oh my God!!
We stayed at The Deville apartments in May/June 2000. It was brill, we were on the 18th floor for 8 weeks. I loved it there right on beach across from surf club.
Oh I can't wait to go back.
Sorry to jump in I'm just re-living my working holiday days!!
It cost us $360 per week for 2 bedroom apartment, it had all the mod cons. is it similar price now?
Marie

Last edited by wmoore; Jun 17th 2005 at 2:49 am.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 3:45 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Eivets
Hi there we are moving over from UK to Coomera at the end of August, would definitely be up for some sort of social, not been to that part of Qland before so will the choice of location to you locals. Up for anything mid sept onwards. Are there any surfers out there? I have recently got into it while in Newquay, loved it and looking forward to doing a lot more, always looking for surfie/groms in the area.

Hi, we'll see how this meeting goes - but I'm sure there will be more. Whats a grom? I'm abouts that area - get in touch when you arrive if you wanna chat with an essentric Scots family! LOL!
Old Jun 14th 2005, 4:31 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by neil&momo
Oh my God!!
We stayed at The Deville apartments in May/June 2000. It was brill, we were on the 18th floor for 8 weeks. I loved it there right on beach across from surf club.
Oh I can't wait to go back.
Sorry to jump in I'm just re-living my working holiday days!!
It cost us $360 per week for 2 bedroom apartment, it had all the mod cons. is it similar price now?
Marie
That sounds like a very good price. If it is still the same, I think i'll book a weeks break away myself
But my guess is that it will be tad more than that now !!

Old Jun 14th 2005, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
That sounds like a very good price. If it is still the same, I think i'll book a weeks break away myself
But my guess is that it will be tad more than that now !!
You are right ABC

I presume they must have been given the permanent rental rates as they were staying for a long time. A permanent rental is about $400 pw now.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

pete hoy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Dicko
Hi there 'www' as I said we are Pacific Pines and always available for a meet, our kids are in Helensvale school, (youngest in pre school 2 days) so the missus is always looking for a girlie chat during the day, and as a family we are really up for a meet now.

How do find the area, we love it, we are in Surfers tomorrow for the big firework display & groups? (for free) It is things like that, which are the main reasons for us coming, during the week it is work as normal, but it is the option for the weekends that we didn't really have in the UK, or if we did we could't afford.

Hopefully we'll all catch up soon:
Hi there Pacific Pines nice to see a fellow blue nose on the coast we moved to Coombabah in April still finding our feet. Just started work this week been waiting for our furniture & tools to arrive feels good to sit on a proper couch instead of table & chairs. If their,s a meet goin on we,d be up for it just say where and when Has anyone else who was at the West Midlands meet in January arrived yet would be good to know how everyone,s getting on
Old Jun 15th 2005, 12:18 am
Just Joined

Hi Dicko

We moved from Heswall in the Wirral last May & live in Arundel Hills which is just up the road from Pacific Pines. I'm sure we have spoken before, are you from Tranmere?

Anyway glad you finally made it here and your right, the Gold Coast is 'Paradise'. I have a 15 yr old girl at Helensvale school and its a good school. If you fancy meeting up sometime then either PM me or e-mail me at [email protected].

If its any help for people coming to the Gold Coast, I operate an airport transfer business and would be more than happy to transfer people from Brisbane airport etc.

Gary
Hi Gary you don,t know me but i got your name off the Paul Benson i worked for him for about ten yrs til we moved here in April. By the way the names Pete we live in Coombabah just off Oxley Drive. My daughters 15 also enroled at Helensvale High but can,t get her to go to school and make some friends she,s driving us round the bend at the moment. Be good to have meet share a tinnie.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 12:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scissors
hi there,we re heading that way,we re staying with friends to start with at ormiston but looking to live on the gold coast area,we ll be landing on the 17th july,defo up for a meet if its after that,would love to meet other gold coasters

tracey gary,and 17yr old daughter kerry
HI SCISSORS I THINK WE MET AT WEST MID MEET JAN. THIS IS PETE & DEBBIE, MICHAEL 21 & CAROLINE NEARLY 16 WE ARRIVED ON THE COAST 6TH APRIL. IF THERE,S A MEET GOIN ON WE,LL BE UP FOR IT. BE GOOD TO MEET UP AGAIN
Old Jun 15th 2005, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Hi Everyone,

I have been on the Gold Coast for a year and a half now, it's absolute paradise, moved from Scotland, living in Arundel, and couldn't make the last meet in November, but would love to meet up with some fellow brits, my hubbys a carpenter and I have 2 girls aged 7 and 5.

Lisa
Old Jun 15th 2005, 1:55 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by floweroscotland
Hi Everyone,

I have been on the Gold Coast for a year and a half now, it's absolute paradise, moved from Scotland, living in Arundel, and couldn't make the last meet in November, but would love to meet up with some fellow brits, my hubbys a carpenter and I have 2 girls aged 7 and 5.

Lisa
Hi Lisa, where is Scotland you from? (We're Edinburgers.)
There is a meet planned - simply click on this link and add your name if your able to come! http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308519
Who said they's bring a UK flag with them - can you come and bring it?
Old Jun 15th 2005, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi there pete,yes i remember meeting you guys,good to hear your settling in well,
we wont be long getting there ourselves,we arrive in brissy on the 17th july,we have a 17yr old daughter to so maybe they could get together.....and us of course

looking forward to meeting everyone,tracey
Originally Posted by pete hoy

HI SCISSORS I THINK WE MET AT WEST MID MEET JAN. THIS IS PETE & DEBBIE, MICHAEL 21 & CAROLINE NEARLY 16 WE ARRIVED ON THE COAST 6TH APRIL. IF THERE,S A MEET GOIN ON WE,LL BE UP FOR IT. BE GOOD TO MEET UP AGAIN
Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by floweroscotland
Hi Everyone,

Lisa
Hi Lisa i,m also a chippy just started work for an agency down in surfers my better half Debbie is working in a nursing home in Labrador were still trying to adjust be good to share info highs & lows and of course a .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.