Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast headers - head count

Wikiposts

Gold Coast headers - head count

Old Jun 9th 2005, 1:22 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold Coast headers - head count

I drive but Hubby works in Ashmore and he has the car, although, if we start to make a bit more money - I will drop him off at work and pilfer the car more often! My boys have a fabby school walkable with a kindy next door, a gym and a pool at the corner of the street, local walkable shops for milk and alcohol - the essentials (lol). And i think they may be building a new supermarket at the end of my street - it's huge but no signs up yet! It's far enough away from the beach to not be too commercial but close enough to get to in 15-20 mins but also close enough to get to hills in 15-20 mins and Brisbane in 45-60 mins. But the good thing is it's a house with a garden - not a unit. A lot of places closer to the beach are units. yeh, close to the theme parks - but no noise from there. I guess it depends what you are looking for, as a guage - we pay $260 a week for a 4 (smallish rooms) bed house here, but you get less rooms for your money as you move closer to the beach. I was blown away when I arrived as I bought a tv (advertised in the ads at the supermarket) off a guy in a 1 roomed unit with no windows in Labrador - and he offered us his unit as he was moving overseas - $180 a week! I almost fainted! I want to be up the T. mountain asap - but need 2 cars for that. Moneypen - happy to assist any any way I can when your over - deffo meet up for a chat at least - if I can help in any other ways too, just PM me. Are we looking at a girlie pub night, family afternoon meet or open evening? Are we thinking late June or early July? Debsy you about - where did you ususally meet when you met up - (i think the Brissie gals said it was you who used to meet - yeh?) Who thinks what ? If it was an evening meet then any time but an afternoon - my prefference would be a Sunday (as hubby has a Saturday job too - no not a paper round!!!) - oh and to those who are worried about not nice people collating info and robbing you while your at expat meets - if you collate my info off other posts - you'll see you will be breaking into an almost empty house - not worth your effort really! lol!

Last edited by wholeworldwindow; Jun 9th 2005 at 1:28 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
I drive but Hubby works and he has the car, although, if we start to make a bit more money - I will drop him off at work and pilfer the car more often! My boys have a fabby school walkable with a kindy next door, a gym and a pool at the corner of the street, local walkable shops for milk and alcohol - the essentials (lol). And i think they may be building a new supermarket at the end of my street - it's huge but no signs up yet! It's far enough away from the beach to not be too commercial but close enough to get to in 15-20 mins but also close enough to get to hills in 15-20 mins and Brisbane in 45-60 mins. But the good thing is it's a house with a garden - not a unit. A lot of places closer to the beach are units. I guess it depends what you are looking for, as a guage - we pay $260 a week for a 4 (smallish rooms) bed house here, but you get less rooms for your money as you move closer to the beach. I was blown away when I arrived as I bought a tv (advertised in the ads at the supermarket) off a guy in a 1 roomed unit with no windows in Labrador - and he offered us his unit as he was moving overseas - $180 a week! I almost fainted! I want to be up the T. mountain asap - but need 2 cars for that. Moneypen - happy to assist any any way I can when your over - deffo meet up for a chat at least - if I can help in any other ways too, just PM me. Are we looking at a girlie pub night, family afternoon meet or open evening? Are we thinking late June or early July? Debsy you about - where did you ususally meet when you met up - (i think the Brissie gals said it was you who used to meet - yeh?) Who thinks what ? If it was an evening meet then any time but an afternoon - my prefference would be a Sunday (as hubby has a Saturday job too - no not a paper round!!!)
I just changed my email addy on here. I never got your email. The last me we had was at Southport in the Park opposite Australia Fair.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 1:30 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsy
I just changed my email addy on here. I never got your email. The last me we had was at Southport in the Park opposite Australia Fair.
I take it that was an afternoon family event then? When did you have the last meet? Was it a while ago? Do you usually arrange them? Don't want to step on anyones toes!
Old Jun 9th 2005, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there 'www' as I said we are Pacific Pines and always available for a meet, our kids are in Helensvale school, (youngest in pre school 2 days) so the missus is always looking for a girlie chat during the day, and as a family we are really up for a meet now.

How do find the area, we love it, we are in Surfers tomorrow for the big firework display & groups? (for free) It is things like that, which are the main reasons for us coming, during the week it is work as normal, but it is the option for the weekends that we didn't really have in the UK, or if we did we could't afford.

Hopefully we'll all catch up soon:
Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

I take it that was an afternoon family event then? When did you have the last meet? Was it a while ago? Do you usually arrange them? Don't want to step on anyones toes!
Hi
We had the last one in November. I think that Gary was going to organise the next one (Gazza2222). Yeh it was a family even as there is a great park there for people with kids.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 5:19 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dicko
Hi there 'www' as I said we are Pacific Pines and always available for a meet, our kids are in Helensvale school, (youngest in pre school 2 days) so the missus is always looking for a girlie chat during the day, and as a family we are really up for a meet now.

How do find the area, we love it, we are in Surfers tomorrow for the big firework display & groups? (for free) It is things like that, which are the main reasons for us coming, during the week it is work as normal, but it is the option for the weekends that we didn't really have in the UK, or if we did we could't afford.

Hopefully we'll all catch up soon:
Hi, yup, we're thinking of going to Surfers Tomorrow too! So much to do here, sometimes too much - but like you , that is why we came here too. There is also a Latin dance for families at Runaway Bay tomorrow, which is where Hubby is working in day - Big BBQ on Sunday in Roma ST in Brissie - free for kids too (apart from the petrol to get there!), wintersun festival - hubby used to be a rockabilly - so he is interested also History Alive open day....too much choice! I'm plumping for the fireworks though! My youngest is in Kindy 2 days and I'm at home at the moment pottering untill I can find work. Always up for chat ect...pm me if you wanna meet or have a chat.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 5:24 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by debsy
Hi
We had the last one in November. I think that Gary was going to organise the next one (Gazza2222). Yeh it was a family even as there is a great park there for people with kids.
Yeh, is that the one with the train etc...looks great fun. have been meaning to stop off there for a while, but I'm always enroute to somewhere when I see it. (OK usually the A.F for retail therapy!) Sounds great. I havn't seen Gazza 2222 about! November was a while ago! Whole new litter about now. Should I PM him and ask if he's planning one?
Old Jun 9th 2005, 7:12 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Moneypen - happy to assist any any way I can when your over - deffo meet up for a chat at least - if I can help in any other ways too, just PM me.
Thanks for that. I'm working on the assumption that if I plan as much as I can - without paying out any money on flights etc, it will be wasted cos we will have sold the house. If I leave it, nothing will happen and I will have a lastminute.com panic.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jun 9th 2005 at 9:06 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 8:50 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Thanks for that. I'm working on the assumption that if I plan as much as I can - without paying out any money, it will be wasted cos we will have sold the house. If I leave it, nothing will happen and I will have a lastminute.com panic.
Well, happy to help if I can in any way.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

gazza22222 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dicko

We moved from Heswall in the Wirral last May & live in Arundel Hills which is just up the road from Pacific Pines. I'm sure we have spoken before, are you from Tranmere?

Anyway glad you finally made it here and your right, the Gold Coast is 'Paradise'. I have a 15 yr old girl at Helensvale school and its a good school. If you fancy meeting up sometime then either PM me or e-mail me at [email protected].

If its any help for people coming to the Gold Coast, I operate an airport transfer business and would be more than happy to transfer people from Brisbane airport etc.

Gary
Old Jun 9th 2005, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hi 'www'

Thanks for PM and yes we did have the last Gold Coast ex-pats meet up at the park oposite Australia Fair near the Boardwater last November. I didn't organise it, it was organised by someone called 'Plummer' I'm sure. My only contribution was bringing the union jack flag on a big pole which I organised specially. There is no one who generally organises them and you won't be treading on anyones toes if you decided to organise it yourself. There must have been approx 14 couples at the last one in November, with a few ex-pats coming down from Brissie.

I can't organise the next one due to work commitments, however I suggest that you start a thread headed say 'Gold Coast Meet Up' and ask people to show commitment etc. Then its just a case of picking a date (Sundays are usually best) and a time (12.00 is normally good time) and firming it up through the thread etc. I'll bring the flag again.

Cheers

Gary (Gazza22222)
Old Jun 9th 2005, 11:30 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gazza22222
Hi 'www'

Thanks for PM and yes we did have the last Gold Coast ex-pats meet up at the park oposite Australia Fair near the Boardwater last November. I didn't organise it, it was organised by someone called 'Plummer' I'm sure. My only contribution was bringing the union jack flag on a big pole which I organised specially. There is no one who generally organises them and you won't be treading on anyones toes if you decided to organise it yourself. There must have been approx 14 couples at the last one in November, with a few ex-pats coming down from Brissie.

I can't organise the next one due to work commitments, however I suggest that you start a thread headed say 'Gold Coast Meet Up' and ask people to show commitment etc. Then its just a case of picking a date (Sundays are usually best) and a time (12.00 is normally good time) and firming it up through the thread etc. I'll bring the flag again.

Cheers

Gary (Gazza22222)

Brilliant. Thanks for that Gary. Are most people who've replied on this thread wanting a day family meet? If we start a thread for an after noon family meet, perhaps we can suss out if any of us could do with a pub night out at a late date (I sure could!) I think it's nice to be able to have a family meet but also sometimes to be able to leave little ones time to time to escape and have a bevvie too! Any comments anyone?
Old Jun 10th 2005, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Brilliant. Thanks for that Gary. Are most people who've replied on this thread wanting a day family meet? If we start a thread for an after noon family meet, perhaps we can suss out if any of us could do with a pub night out at a late date (I sure could!) I think it's nice to be able to have a family meet but also sometimes to be able to leave little ones time to time to escape and have a bevvie too! Any comments anyone?
SIMPLE - DO BOTH !
Old Jun 10th 2005, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gazza22222
SIMPLE - DO BOTH !
lol

Gazza - maybe u could take us allto the yacht club
Old Jun 10th 2005, 9:44 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Ok, don't seem to be that many active members around just now. But I know a few are possibly a-heading this way soon. Stand up and make yourself known - (so I know how much I have to move over to make room - lol!) Just wondereing if Gold Coast meetings are a possibility on the horizon! Not that I don't love being a part of the Brissie ones - but would be nice to meet fellow Coasters! (then we can take turns at being designated drivers! lol!)
Hope to be there the end of the year! ............ maybe ?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.