Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast furnished rentals?

Gold Coast furnished rentals?

Old Oct 7th 2008, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gold Coast furnished rentals?

Hello,

Have finally admitted defeat and given up on shipping our stuff in time to be sorted out and settled by Christmas.

I have been looking for furnished rental properties in the Helensvale (ish) area and not found anything. Realestate.com.au does not have a very good search filter on it and all that I have found appear to be unfurnished. Other searches have come up blank.

I was wondering if anybody already in Australia could direct me to a good site for finding furnished rental properties please? Pretty please?

Thanks,
Ren
Old Oct 7th 2008, 8:54 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold Coast furnished rentals?

Originally Posted by RenShen
Hello,

Have finally admitted defeat and given up on shipping our stuff in time to be sorted out and settled by Christmas.

I have been looking for furnished rental properties in the Helensvale (ish) area and not found anything. Realestate.com.au does not have a very good search filter on it and all that I have found appear to be unfurnished. Other searches have come up blank.

I was wondering if anybody already in Australia could direct me to a good site for finding furnished rental properties please? Pretty please?

Thanks,
Ren

google is your friend

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...+goldcoast+qld

http://www.rent-a-home.com.au/accomm...mmodation.html
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Mr O. Will have a look
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

autorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to all

Hi Ren,

We're planning to move to Arundel - right near your final destination.....

Should be arriving around the same time too!

Just a little hint re furnished rentals, you'll find it ups your cost by heaps having furnished in Oz. It's not very common (unlike over here). You may pay as much as 50% more...
Old Oct 7th 2008, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by autorock
Hi Ren,

We're planning to move to Arundel - right near your final destination.....

Should be arriving around the same time too!

Just a little hint re furnished rentals, you'll find it ups your cost by heaps having furnished in Oz. It's not very common (unlike over here). You may pay as much as 50% more...

Thanks for that. We can stay with friends in Helensvale until our container arrives and we can move into an unfurnished rental then. Its just that I didnt really want to impose on them over Christmas.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

Hi my wife has a few furnished rentals that she rents by the week, ideal for first few weeks until you find long term accommodation web sit is www.jimboombarelocations.com good luck with the move gary
Old Oct 8th 2008, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by calNgary
Hi my wife has a few furnished rentals that she rents by the week, ideal for first few weeks until you find long term accommodation web sit is www.jimboombarelocations.com good luck with the move gary
$1200 per week a bit steep don't you think for a 4 bedroom furb place?
Old Oct 8th 2008, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

hi
i've said this a few times, so hope it doesn't sound too repetetive..but www.seqrents.com.au usually has some furnished rentals advertised on it.
good luck..
Old Oct 8th 2008, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all

Hi,

Don't know if this helps but we are moving over on 24th October and have sorted an unfurnished rental out. We are planning to camp out in it until our stuff arrives.

We've got blow up mattresses and sleeping bags in our suitcases, a picnic rucksack containing plates, cutlery and glasses.

I plan to buy a few cheap pans etc to keep us going. We haven't shipped any garden furniture or a barbeque so we'll be buying those anyway. If things get bad we may buy a sofa bed, this can be used for guests afterwards.

It probably won't be easy but I too don't want to take any hospitality for granted. Also the sooner we get settled into our own place and find our feet the better. Our daughter can hopefully make friends near the place she is going to live rather than anywhere very temporary.

Hope that helps a little.

Thanks

M
Old Oct 8th 2008, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Feel free to repeat as many times as you like if its offering help

Thanks for all the links provided, though there is nothing showing in the area we are hoping for. I will keep checking.

Ren xx
Old Oct 8th 2008, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by margy
Hi,

Don't know if this helps but we are moving over on 24th October and have sorted an unfurnished rental out. We are planning to camp out in it until our stuff arrives.

We've got blow up mattresses and sleeping bags in our suitcases, a picnic rucksack containing plates, cutlery and glasses.

I plan to buy a few cheap pans etc to keep us going. We haven't shipped any garden furniture or a barbeque so we'll be buying those anyway. If things get bad we may buy a sofa bed, this can be used for guests afterwards.

It probably won't be easy but I too don't want to take any hospitality for granted. Also the sooner we get settled into our own place and find our feet the better. Our daughter can hopefully make friends near the place she is going to live rather than anywhere very temporary.

Hope that helps a little.

Thanks

M

Thanks Margy,

If we don't find a furnished rental then I think thats what we will have to do.

I agree with you, I can't wait to get into my own place and get the kids properly settled.

Good luck with your move
Ren
Old Oct 8th 2008, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by calNgary

Thanks for the link, though I don't really want the whole help package as we have some friends in the area and have done quite a lot of research oursleves.

Ideally we would like something in the Helensvale area so we will keep looking.

Thanks again,
Ren
Old Oct 8th 2008, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

UK-2-OZ will become famous soon enoughUK-2-OZ will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rocket01
$1200 per week a bit steep don't you think for a 4 bedroom furb place?
I don't think so, when you look at the Big 4 Campsites for example https://gatewayvillageresort.com/reservationsframe.htm a cabin for 4 people from 13th December - 20th December would be minimum $1512 for a 1 bed cabin and for a 2 bed cabin it is $1884.
I would prefer to be in a 4 bed furnished house than stuck in a cabin at the caravan park and pay that sort of money
Old Oct 8th 2008, 8:38 am
Claireg

claireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud of

Hi Ren

Just read your thread and we 2 are looking for a rental around that area. We live in Billinge Nr Wigan. When are you leaving? We have the removal men in as i type - nightmare and we should complete at the end of the week. Let me know how you get on and good luck
Claire
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Sent you a pm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.