Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast folk...need your help please.

Gold Coast folk...need your help please.

Old Apr 18th 2007, 9:03 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gold Coast folk...need your help please.

I'm not keen on Perth....common knowledge so, instead of giving up on Oz completely, and moving straight back to the UK, I'm off to the Gold Coast for a rekkie in July with my next door neighbour.

If I give you a description of the sort of place we would want to live in, do you think you could give me an idea of areas please?

1) semi-ruralish...not acreage, just a decent bit of land around us. Green and hilly would be lovely.

2) Good primary schools

3) OH is in printing, so not too far from industrial areas. Maybe 45 mins.

3) Not on an estate.

I've heard Tamborine Mountain and Eagle Heights are lovely. Is that right?

Any help you could give me would be great. We can go and check out these areas when we get there.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 9:07 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold Coast folk...need your help please.

Originally Posted by TraceyW
I'm not keen on Perth....common knowledge so, instead of giving up on Oz completely, and moving straight back to the UK, I'm off to the Gold Coast for a rekkie in July with my next door neighbour.

If I give you a description of the sort of place we would want to live in, do you think you could give me an idea of areas please?

1) semi-ruralish...not acreage, just a decent bit of land around us. Green and hilly would be lovely.

2) Good primary schools

3) Not on an estate.

Any help you could give me would be great. We can go and check out these areas when we get there.
try

benogin, mudgerraba, worongary, tallai,
Old Apr 18th 2007, 9:27 am
Account Closed

Thanks Steve. I've looked up Bonogin and I can't believe what you get for your money over there It's so much cheaper than here.

Before we moved to Aus, we both kinda had a dream of what our new home would look like, I can't believe that it's over there....

http://www.domain.com.au/Public/Prop...did=2006301874
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:50 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

Tamborine and Eagle Heights are lovely, very village feel (one of my friends lives at Nth Tambo) but very very expensive. The only reason she can afford to live there is her parents bought a block of lands up there in the 1970s for a lark and then moved to PNG. They've just come back to their million dollar piece of scrub!!! Try realestate.com.au for some idea. The Gold Coast is spreading so fast that you could probably get something in Canungra and still be close enough to 'town'
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Steve. I've looked up Bonogin and I can't believe what you get for your money over there It's so much cheaper than here.

Before we moved to Aus, we both kinda had a dream of what our new home would look like, I can't believe that it's over there....

Sorry can't help with areas but OMG!! that's some house
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:29 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
try

benogin, mudgerraba, worongary, tallai,
What about Tallabudgra and Tallabudgera Valley? They may fall into what your looking for? C x
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:41 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

tracey,i dont blame you in the slightest,,beautifull
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

GaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really nice

Darling Downs area? Quite far from the coastline however. Toowoomba is the largest inland city, so might be more work available?
Old Apr 18th 2007, 8:07 pm
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

2) Good primary schools

3) Not on an estate.

Hi Tracey

Tallebudgera is really nice, we live in Burleigh and are looking to buy there. Elenora is reccomended as is Banora over in NSW. I have two friends in real-estate and they have both said the market is on the move down this way. You can buy decent town houses still down reedy creek and varsity, they are a good way of getting on the property ladder. If you need any help pm me and I will give you the name and number of one friend who has an office in Tweeds but will keep you up to date with what is a bargain and what is coming on the market.

Jayne
Old Apr 19th 2007, 12:20 am
Account Closed

Thanks for your help folks.

Anyone got any ideas on what the primary schools are like in those areas?
Old Apr 19th 2007, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your help folks.

Anyone got any ideas on what the primary schools are like in those areas?
Good for you Tracey, I know its been hard for you, hope we can meet up one day before you move on, have you tried Bunbury, its great down here.
Denise
Old Apr 19th 2007, 5:41 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Are you goign to look at other areas while you are here, sunshine coast etc?

Old Apr 19th 2007, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

2) Good primary schools

3) Not on an estate.

Looked at a lot of this sort of stuff over the easter break, we have a job offer there we could take any time but havent been swayed to move yet.

Loads of green areas if you dont mind being a bit of a way from the beach, but the price of the really good stuff is expensive, I thought it would be cheaper than here (just cause there are more suburbs that can offer it but the cheaper stuff usually has a reason, watch out for power lines proposed in many areas, its on some maps, saw some lovely houses which may be under huge power lines if the maps are correct. Stuff with views V expensive too, not that worried about views tho, cheap often ment very old and you know what happens here after 20 years a house is usually better off knocked down and start again so effectively V expensive.

Some of the housing estate stuff (not as above which was bigger land) are like anywhere, small houses jammed together, near highways, you really need to see whats for yourself by looking around, some places we heard were nice were just not for us.

Last edited by jad n rich; Apr 19th 2007 at 5:52 am.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future

yup i'm with steve'o try bonogin, mudgerraba, worongary, tallai and surrounding area's they are far enough to be rural but close enough your not remote, and views of the hinterland are great.
on another note Queenslanders look nice houses but they are a money pit expect a house like that to cost around 10k a year in maintenance, or a big bundle every 5 years. I've worked on a few and they have all needed megawork, 1 in advance town i worked on, the guy said he'd spent 130k on repairs as the last owner let it go.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

2) Good primary schools

3) Not on an estate.

Hi Tracey

We live in Bonogin and I have to say we love it. If you want any info feel free to email me.

Sharon

p.s I also moved over here from Worcs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.