Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast Days Out

Gold Coast Days Out

Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Gold Coast Days Out

I read SteveO's thread earlier about his recent whale watching adventure, I've been thinking about doing this for a couple of days but wasn't sure whether it would be good enought to justify the cost, until I saw his pics! Nice one mate!
So I thought it may be a good idea to see what peeps reckon to be other good days out from the Gold Coast area, seeing as we're just landed 'n' all.

If the weather pciks up, we're thinking of heading towards Tambourine Mountain at the weekend, any tips?
Cheers,
Sam
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold Coast Days Out

Originally Posted by sambo76
I read SteveO's thread earlier about his recent whale watching adventure, I've been thinking about doing this for a couple of days but wasn't sure whether it would be good enought to justify the cost, until I saw his pics! Nice one mate!
So I thought it may be a good idea to see what peeps reckon to be other good days out from the Gold Coast area, seeing as we're just landed 'n' all.

If the weather pciks up, we're thinking of heading towards Tambourine Mountain at the weekend, any tips?
Cheers,
Sam
Try wine tasting at the various vineyards at Tamborine and don't miss out on a trip to the cheese factory....absolutly fabulous cheeses.

Sharon
Old Jun 20th 2007, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sambo76

Cheers,
Sam
Hi Sam,

I reccommend O'reillys Rainforrest retreat - we're heading up there this weekend, it's worth the loooong and winding road to get there!

http://www.oreillys.com.au/
Old Jun 20th 2007, 4:23 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Gold Coast Days Out

'Gallery Walk' at Tambourine is a road full of quite quaint art/craft shops and cafes...prob not good for wild small children though. The drive is quite scenic too.....

Jan
Old Jun 20th 2007, 4:25 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Gold Coast Days Out

Originally Posted by doub
Hi Sam,

I reccommend O'reillys Rainforrest retreat - we're heading up there this weekend, it's worth the loooong and winding road to get there!

http://www.oreillys.com.au/
Even I (a frequent car traveller) felt car sick after the journey....I wont even tell you about the kids

Quite a magical place though....not really for pushchairs though.

Jan
Old Jun 20th 2007, 5:11 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Must get to Tambourine soon, but if you're close to the GG, then movieworld annual passes are currently $99 instead of 160 until 30-jun.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the ideas,
I reckon winetasting and the cheese factory are a dead cert when Est gets home and hears about them! I have heard about the Movieworld pass too, is it worth going to a few times? I don't really know much about the park but it does sound like a good deal... what exactly is there? (may be an obvious answer, but i dunno!)
And O'Reillys looks fantastic too! My dad step mom are travelling the east coast at the mo, they're with my step brother in Mackay at the mo, but arrive on the 1st July and reckon they'd love Springbrook.
Keep 'em coming
Sam
Old Jun 20th 2007, 7:40 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Songbirds Cafe is award winning and has a bird garden too! (Not been yet - but looks stunning) - also if you have kids - Thunderbird Park is cool - they have Thunder Eggs to cut and have just opened up a huge adventure park there - not for wee ones though - but ideal for teenagers who want a challenge!