British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Gold Coast citizens! I am looking for a well equipped skin cancer clinic... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/gold-coast-citizens-i-am-looking-well-equipped-skin-cancer-clinic-655865/)

BARDI77 Feb 21st 2010 12:50 am

Gold Coast citizens! I am looking for a well equipped skin cancer clinic...

Hi fellas,

As title suggests, We are looking for a well equipped skin cancer diagnostic clinic ( preferably with those computerised magnifying glasses/Dermoscopy technology) to perform our routine skin cancer check ups in Gold Coast, preferably by a female GP/Dermatologist.

One of our friends introduced us a few good clinics in Brisbane, but we would rather to do it here in Gold Coast.

Any one know such a clinic?

Thank you beforehand.

BARDI77 Feb 22nd 2010 2:41 am

Re: Gold Coast citizens! I am looking for a well equipped skin cancer clinic...

Originally Posted by BARDI77 (Post 8361438)
Hi fellas,

As title suggests, We are looking for a well equipped skin cancer diagnostic clinic ( preferably with those computerised magnifying glasses/Dermoscopy technology) to perform our routine skin cancer check ups in Gold Coast, preferably by a female GP/Dermatologist.

One of our friends introduced us a few good clinics in Brisbane, but we would rather to do it here in Gold Coast.

Thank you beforehand.

Any idea? :)

soapy© Feb 22nd 2010 4:06 am

i THINK THERES A COUPLE IN PARADISE POINT, DONT KNOW HOW GOOD THEY ARE THOUGH

Amazulu Feb 22nd 2010 4:09 am

Originally Posted by BARDI77 (Post 8361438)
Hi fellas,

Thank you beforehand.

I wouldn't bother with a skin check clinic and go straight to a dermatologist instead. Equipment is important but medical knowledge/expertise is more so.

I have my doubts about a lot of SCCs.

BARDI77 Feb 22nd 2010 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 8363967)
I wouldn't bother with a skin check clinic and go straight to a dermatologist instead. Equipment is important but medical knowledge/expertise is more so.

I have my doubts about a lot of SCCs.

How can I do that? I think going to a dermatologist need referral by a GP...

How mych going to a Dermatologist cost me?

Thank you

Cuppa10 Feb 22nd 2010 5:59 am

I was concerned so I went to a GP and then went to another GP.

Apparently they're meant to be 97% as good as dermatologists at detecting them. (something like that IIRC, from a news article.)

I saw two, so I am pretty confident with it. :rofl:

But yeah I don't know what your visa situation is, but for me as an Australian citizen I'd go to the GP, if they give you a referral you'll get a free appointment with a dermatologist.

If you go to a bulk billing place you can get the entire procedure done for free.

BARDI77 Feb 22nd 2010 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Cuppa10 (Post 8364089)
I was concerned so I went to a GP and then went to another GP.

Apparently they're meant to be 97% as good as dermatologists at detecting them. (something like that IIRC, from a news article.)

I saw two, so I am pretty confident with it. :rofl:

But yeah I don't know what your visa situation is, but for me as an Australian citizen I'd go to the GP, if they give you a referral you'll get a free appointment with a dermatologist.

If you go to a bulk billing place you can get the entire procedure done for free.

I am a PR visa holder and I have a medicare card.

Gibbo Feb 22nd 2010 8:22 am

Originally Posted by BARDI77 (Post 8364079)
How can I do that? I think going to a dermatologist need referral by a GP...

How mych going to a Dermatologist cost me?

Thank you

Go to your GP and get a referal. Just have to say you are conserned about "whatever". It needened cost you anything depending on the dermatologist you visit.