Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast Christmas In July Expats Meet 2012

Gold Coast Christmas In July Expats Meet 2012

Old Jun 24th 2012, 1:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold Coast Christmas In July Expats Meet 2012

Originally Posted by soapy©
Its hard meeting strangers, but everyone is friendly
even polly

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Yip, can be daunting meeting a real witch for the first time.

I shall bring the wand as well as the hat, then Soapy will be easily recognised as the one who has been turned into a toad
Old Jun 24th 2012, 1:41 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JBlokeUK
Thank you kindly

I'm tempted to go but just wondering how easy it is to just start talking to peeps, mingling etc as I don't fancy standing around on my own too much. Saying that I may drag the wife along
Honestly, do come along, as SC said they enjoyed it when they went last year, and we've never been able to persuade her to do a meet before. I'm really not one for parties and stuff, but it breaks the ice a bit when you realise you're surrounded by familiar accents, phrases, and slang and its very hard NOT to join in
Added to which most of us really do try and make sure that no-one ends up stuck on their own; we've all done the "new kid on the block" feeling so we do know how you feel

And yes, I will be wearing (or carrying for part of the time!) a purple witch's hat, its broken the ice with many people and I'm sure Soapy loves it really, even though he claims he would like to burn it Easy to spot me, come and say Hi
Old Jun 24th 2012, 1:44 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Honestly, do come along, as SC said they enjoyed it when they went last year, and we've never been able to persuade her to do a meet before. I'm really not one for parties and stuff, but it breaks the ice a bit when you realise you're surrounded by familiar accents, phrases, and slang and its very hard NOT to join in
Added to which most of us really do try and make sure that no-one ends up stuck on their own; we've all done the "new kid on the block" feeling so we do know how you feel

And yes, I will be wearing (or carrying for part of the time!) a purple witch's hat, its broken the ice with many people and I'm sure Soapy loves it really, even though he claims he would like to burn it Easy to spot me, come and say Hi
Not forgetting yer Welsh flag.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 1:46 pm
Home and Happy

Not forgetting yer Welsh flag.
Indeed

And yet I bet some people will still say afterwards that they didn't spot the mad bad witch
Old Jun 24th 2012, 1:47 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed

And yet I bet some people will still say afterwards that they didn't spot the mad bad witch
Doubt it, tis hard to not spot a witch in a purple hat lurking at the bar all night drinking (all) the cider.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 2:33 pm
Home and Happy

Doubt it, tis hard to not spot a witch in a purple hat lurking at the bar all night drinking (all) the cider.
I'm sure someone else had a couple of the bottles
I have had people come on here in the past and see they didn't see me there strange but true!!
Old Jun 24th 2012, 8:25 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

i wouldnt burn it polly, i might shit in it if i get the chance though
Old Jun 25th 2012, 4:55 am
Just Joined

Ozcats1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Expats, We have just moved to Burleigh Heads from Yorkshire and are looking to meet some friends so would love to meet up with you all and have a chat and a drink.
As we don't have a car yet, does anyone have any info about how to get there on the bus. Or is anyone else travelling from Burleigh that we could meet up with?
See you there
Sara & Ian
Old Jun 25th 2012, 8:05 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

cant help you with public transport but here is a map to show you where it is
Old Jun 25th 2012, 8:27 am

cant help you with public transport but here is a map to show you where it is
Failing that I think Polly was talking about 'The Broomstick Taxi Firm'.

Dunno if there's any outcome but it's worth looking into.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 10:17 am
Master of verbal pish©

We have now worked out what the english will march onto the pitch with!
I cant tell ya

its a secret

well worth bringing your camera though
Old Jun 25th 2012, 10:23 am

I cant tell ya

its a secret

Old Jun 25th 2012, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

I cant tell ya

its a secret

Well i guess it cant be THE CUP cos they'll be marching off the pitch with that !
Old Jun 25th 2012, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Well i guess it cant be THE CUP cos they'll be marching off the pitch with that !

Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:57 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
you should be on the telly bobby!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.