British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Gold Coast (Burleigh Heads BBQ) Sun 5th Oct. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/gold-coast-burleigh-heads-bbq-sun-5th-oct-563175/)

lancaster Sep 23rd 2008 12:01 pm

Gold Coast (Burleigh Heads BBQ) Sun 5th Oct.

Hi, my husband (45) me (38) and 2 kids, girl 15 and boy 14 arrived in oz on Mon 8th Sep. We are in holiday accomodation at the mo but due to move into a house in Robina this Friday. Now that we have found a house, a car and a school for the kids we would like to find some friends. We were thinking of a meet up on sunday 5th Oct, afternoon ish not sure of a time tho, at Burleigh Heads beach. Typical ozzy style, bring your own meat and whatever else you want to burn on the barbie! If you are interested or if you have done this before (as this is all new to us!?) then just let us know and we can confirm arrangements.

Cheers,
Bernie & Neil.:)

shiels Sep 24th 2008 8:40 am

Re: Gold Coast (Burleigh Heads BBQ) Sun 5th Oct.

Hi guys we may well be up for this :D Me, OH, lad of 15 girl of 12.

Which part of the Burleigh Beach you referring to? By where the new viewing platform is or further North?

C x

lancaster Sep 24th 2008 10:14 am

Hi, thanks for your reply. It would be great to meet up with some other poms. We are still not very familiar with the area yet but the end of Burleigh beach where the platform is sounds good. Can you tell us of any land marks near where the platform is so that we know where we are going? If you like we can sort a time out nearer the time. We may have a couple of other people coming aswell which would be good. :)
cheers
Bernie & Neil.

sharon45 Sep 24th 2008 11:42 am

Hi Bernie and neil welcome to the gold coast . well put it in the diary see ya there sharon and ricky xx:)

lancaster Sep 24th 2008 12:28 pm

Hi Sharon, fantastic, looking forward to meeting you both, the more the merrier.:thumbsup:

Bernie & Neil

sammyg Sep 25th 2008 1:26 am

We'll come:)

Let us know if you want to do it North Burleigh (near the big Surf Club) or Burleigh Heads bit on the hill??

Sam and Stu and 12yr old daughter:)

shiels Sep 25th 2008 8:57 am

Originally Posted by lancaster (Post 6814966)
Hi, thanks for your reply. It would be great to meet up with some other poms. We are still not very familiar with the area yet but the end of Burleigh beach where the platform is sounds good. Can you tell us of any land marks near where the platform is so that we know where we are going? If you like we can sort a time out nearer the time. We may have a couple of other people coming aswell which would be good. :)
cheers
Bernie & Neil.

By the platform there is shops on the opposite side of the road or we can go further up by the surf club at North Burleigh, where ever you are familiar with suits us :D

Hoping to bring another couple too ;)

C x

shabee Sep 25th 2008 11:29 pm

Hi there,
We arrived not long after you. The BBQ would be great for us, thanks for organising it. We will be there. Sharon, Steve, boy (14) & Brat (12).
Looking forward to it.
We also like the look of Robina, where about have you rented? We looked at a few complexes around there. We will also possibly bring another couple.
Shabee

x :thumbsup::thumbsup:

DestinationSydney Sep 26th 2008 6:11 am

Hi sounds a great idea. We have a 15yr old daughter too & a 11yr old son. Just let us know what time & we will be there. Michelle & Alan x

sammyg Sep 26th 2008 6:55 am

Originally Posted by DestinationSydney (Post 6821060)
Hi sounds a great idea. We have a 15yr old daughter too & a 11yr old son. Just let us know what time & we will be there. Michelle & Alan x

Hi Michelle and Alan:D
It's sam and stu from the night out - it will be nice to meet again!,:thumbsup:
I'll see if any other peeps want to come too!!

sam xx

jdraper Sep 28th 2008 12:02 am

Hi all

Not been on BE for ages what with settling in, getting jobs, etc etc.

Would love to come to BBQ next Sunday. There are three of us - me, hubby Paul and 17 (on Friday) year old Andrew (who may come if he's not out with his mates).

Can someone give me directions please from Benowa? Not been down to Burleigh yet.

Shiels - will be great to see you after talking on MSN.

DestinationSydney - Michelle, soooooooooo sorry I didn't phone you - you know what it's like getting settled in etc and I have been working 6 days a week too!!

SammyG - huge hugs, will be lovely to see you all again. Miss you xx

Jo xx

lancaster Sep 28th 2008 4:18 am

Hi everyone, sorry not been in touch for a few days but moved into our house on Fri and no internet! I have had to come down to Robina town centre to use the internet cafe.
It's fantastic that so many people want to come on Sun, can't wait to meet you all.
What time do you think would be good, we were thinking about 12ish? As for exact location, i wil log in again during the week, we were thinking of the end of burleigh beach by the head as it looks really nice there. We will drive down maybe today and find a good land mark for every one so that there is no confusion.:confused:
Speak soon,
Bernie, Neil and kids.:thumbsup:

sammyg Sep 28th 2008 4:37 am

Hi,
If we are having a BBQ someone may have to get there a bit earlier as the BBQs and tables get taken. Peeps have breakie sometimes too and hover around for a while after.

What do you think to the one near the hill (by the right of Mermaids), by the kids park. We can poss get there early-ish, as we aren't far and go to the beach in the morning, while one of us stays on the table.....it can be hard though as some people have B'day parties and are there at the crack of dawn!!!

If we cant we'll just have to get what we can?!:D

should be good, be nice to meet everyone:thumbsup:

beasty boy Sep 28th 2008 6:16 am

Hi not long been here but would love to come down please could you give us a street name for the sat nav we live in Coombabah thanks Chris,Janet.Billy 3 Alfie18 months.

shiels Sep 28th 2008 9:42 am

Originally Posted by sammyg (Post 6826447)
Hi,
If we are having a BBQ someone may have to get there a bit earlier as the BBQs and tables get taken. Peeps have breakie sometimes too and hover around for a while after.

What do you think to the one near the hill (by the right of Mermaids), by the kids park. We can poss get there early-ish, as we aren't far and go to the beach in the morning, while one of us stays on the table.....it can be hard though as some people have B'day parties and are there at the crack of dawn!!!

If we cant we'll just have to get what we can?!:D

should be good, be nice to meet everyone:thumbsup:

Hi Sam

Do you mean the one opposite the Cafes where toilets, small park and the new viewing platform is?

If this is the case then the best route for you guys coming from north direction is straight down the Gold Coast Highway and then the meet would end up on your left hand side, you cant miss Burleigh Heads.;)
You could put The Esplanade in the sat nav and it would be the most southern point of that or put in Burleigh Surf Life Savers Club.

Hope this helps.

So is 12pm the time then?

C x