Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold coast and Brizzy holiday

Gold coast and Brizzy holiday

Old Dec 17th 2010, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gold coast and Brizzy holiday

Hi guys,
I`ve been living in Tauranga , New Zealand for 5 years now having moved from East Sussex and have never looked back really. Love it here but figured its time to pay a visit to Oz and as theme park lovers, it has to be Brisbane. It would be nice to stay on the beach, ideally in a 2 bed apartment and not be too far away from the parks. I tapped in hotels /gold cost/ Brisbane and was spoilt for choice but i have no ideas on areas to avoid etc. Is there anyone who could possible give me some advice?
Many thanks
Ash
Old Dec 18th 2010, 1:42 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gold coast and Brizzy holiday

Your best bet is to stay on the Gold Coast, as that's where the 4 major theme parks are; Movie World, Dreamworld, Wet & Wild and Sea World. I'm not sure about accomodation but there are lots of beach front apartments - try lastminute.com.au and wotif.com
Old Dec 18th 2010, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tking
Your best bet is to stay on the Gold Coast, as that's where the 4 major theme parks are; Movie World, Dreamworld, Wet & Wild and Sea World. I'm not sure about accomodation but there are lots of beach front apartments - try lastminute.com.au and wotif.com
Cool. Thanks for that.
Ash
Old Dec 18th 2010, 12:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the big theme parks are on the motorway between Brisbane and Gold Coast - closer to the Gold Coast end.

So when staying on the Gold Coast you might choose somewhere north of Surfers Paradise for convenience to the Brisbane motorway (Pacific Highway/M1). Maybe at Main Beach, you could then dine with the white shoe brigade at Tedder Avenue. This has the bonus of putting you just a few minutes from the only major theme park actually on the Gold Coast proper, SeaWorld.

Tedder Avenue

SeaWorld is on "the spit"...it is the first white patch in the trees, just above the grouping of yachts in the foreground. The Main Beach accommodation I am talking about is just where the high rise starts. There is some dearer stuff in the bushland on the spit next to SeaWorld as well. (Sheraton Mirage, Palazzo Versace etc)

Main Beach:

See Wotif - Main Beach

I refuse to stay anywhere except the Palazzo Versace

SeaWorld also has a family resort attached (ok, maybe this is more my scene):

Try to get to currumbin sanctuary as well - even though not true theme park it has some nice animal shows in a natural setting.

Last edited by fish.01; Dec 18th 2010 at 1:17 pm.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wow. thanks so much for all that. The photos look great. I`ll get searching now. Thanks again
Ash
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Just to let you know, Wet n Wild and Movie World are practically at Helensvale (where we live). Dreamworld is at Coomera, 10 mins away. Sea World is on the Spit near Surfers Paradise and there are regular buses from Helensvale Station.

In addition to the theme parks we are in easy reach of Mount Tamborine, beaches, one hour on the train to Brissy and an hours drive from NSW. If you want a little country town there is Canungra. What sort of accomodation are you looking for? There are campsites, b&bs and hotels to suit most budgets. Let me know if you need more info.

Ren xx
Old Dec 26th 2010, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

sunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant future

I would stay at Surfers Paradise. It's right by the beach and you wouldn't have to drive anywhere at night as you would be in walking distance to places to eat, nightlife etc.
If you hire a car, most if not all theme parks are about 20-25 minutes drive, except for Sea World, which is about 5 minutes. You can however catch a bus from Surfers to the theme parks. Tamborine Mountain is nice too and I would recommend Currumbin wildlife park (look out on the back of receipts for vouchers for 'adults for kids"prices)
If you like markets, there are beach front ones at Surfers and Broadbeach and there is a big one every weekend at Carrara.
Have fun.
Old Dec 26th 2010, 1:24 pm
aussie married to a brit!

chocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond repute

try stayz.com.au for accommodation....
we got a fantastic posh house for cheap!
Old Dec 26th 2010, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks so much guys. We`re booked to stay at The Artique apartments on surfers paradise. Thank you all for your help.
Ash