Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

GOLD COAST BIKERS

GOLD COAST BIKERS

Old Jul 28th 2007, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

trevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the rough
Default GOLD COAST BIKERS

Anyone give me some info about the (motor)biking community in the GC area? Ive got 2 ktm supermotos here in uk but feel that distances are gonna be alot bigger in oz on a ride out and if you've ever sat on a supermoto on a motorway for any length of time you'll know what I mean...can't walk for a week, arse like the japanese flag etc etc etc. Is a big traillie the best for the job? if so which ones are the most popular(and best priced) out there. My OH will probably want to get on the back so gotta get something comfy for her which will equate to being comfy on my ears!!!
Old Jul 28th 2007, 5:30 pm
ASHO

ASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really nice
Default Re: GOLD COAST BIKERS

go HARLEY roads built for them keep the KTM,s as toys (great toys mind you)
Old Jul 28th 2007, 5:50 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trevamather
Anyone give me some info about the (motor)biking community in the GC area? Ive got 2 ktm supermotos here in uk but feel that distances are gonna be alot bigger in oz on a ride out and if you've ever sat on a supermoto on a motorway for any length of time you'll know what I mean...can't walk for a week, arse like the japanese flag etc etc etc. Is a big traillie the best for the job? if so which ones are the most popular(and best priced) out there. My OH will probably want to get on the back so gotta get something comfy for her which will equate to being comfy on my ears!!!
not on the gold coast but try a transalp does roads nicely and off road
Old Jul 28th 2007, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

thegriffs is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: GOLD COAST BIKERS

I intend to take my Harley sportster, at least I will get some use out of it, i am a fair weather rider over here!!

sunshine coast is the destination I wonder what they will think of screaming Eagle Exhaust`s?
Old Jul 28th 2007, 9:43 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

I've just done a 400k round trip from bayside to Nobby which is between toowoomba and warwick on a CBR 600 and i'm in bloody agony..but the scenery and bush communities are great and that makes up for it.

Keep the KTM's great fun for bush bashing..loads of places to go..just buy a cheap ute whack em on the back and away...too easy.

Here are a couple of links to help you out..

www.netrider.net.au/
www.weekendriders.invisionzone.com
www.motowhere.com/listpaths/srchkey/queensland
Old Jul 29th 2007, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

trevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
I've just done a 400k round trip from bayside to Nobby which is between toowoomba and warwick on a CBR 600 and i'm in bloody agony..but the scenery and bush communities are great and that makes up for it.

Keep the KTM's great fun for bush bashing..loads of places to go..just buy a cheap ute whack em on the back and away...too easy.

Here are a couple of links to help you out..

www.netrider.net.au/
www.weekendriders.invisionzone.com
www.motowhere.com/listpaths/srchkey/queensland
cheers for that trigger..will i end up having to pay tax etc to take them over coz they're only worth a couple of grand each here. Also they are supermotos so they are absolutely sheeite offroad (got the scars to prove it) just too heavy, maybe a 450cc is as big as i need and they are 660 and 640. do you think it'll be better to sell and buy a pure offroader over there? If its gonna be a traillie i really fancy a ktm 950 adventure..they will lift and stay on the back for ever!!! I may be fast approaching 40 but can't lose the teenage loony in me (don't want to either..keeps you feeling alive)
Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:50 pm
HCJ
Forum Regular

HCJ is a jewel in the roughHCJ is a jewel in the roughHCJ is a jewel in the roughHCJ is a jewel in the rough

I had a Yamaha R1 in Europe but decided to go for something slightly more sedate on the GC and have a BMW K1200S on order.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HCJ
I had a Yamaha R1 in Europe but decided to go for something slightly more sedate on the GC and have a BMW K1200S on order.
Cool..Mr Mcgregor or is it Mr Boorman? Looked at one last week in Newcastle..dunno if I can get away with those massive bits of engine sticking out the sides tho....
Old Jul 29th 2007, 8:03 pm
HCJ
Forum Regular

HCJ is a jewel in the roughHCJ is a jewel in the roughHCJ is a jewel in the roughHCJ is a jewel in the rough

Cool..Mr Mcgregor or is it Mr Boorman? Looked at one last week in Newcastle..dunno if I can get away with those massive bits of engine sticking out the sides tho....
The K1200 has a proper engine - a 167bhp inline 4!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HCJ
The K1200 has a proper engine - a 167bhp inline 4!
hey i wasnt taking the piss..everyone likes what they like..i like to ride my bikes really hard (raced supermoto for 3 seasons) and would hate the repair bill if i sent the beemer bouncing down the road
Old Jul 30th 2007, 6:53 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

cheers for that trigger..will i end up having to pay tax etc to take them over coz they're only worth a couple of grand each here. Also they are supermotos so they are absolutely sheeite offroad (got the scars to prove it) just too heavy, maybe a 450cc is as big as i need and they are 660 and 640. do you think it'll be better to sell and buy a pure offroader over there? If its gonna be a traillie i really fancy a ktm 950 adventure..they will lift and stay on the back for ever!!! I may be fast approaching 40 but can't lose the teenage loony in me (don't want to either..keeps you feeling alive)
If it was me i'd sell em both...customs,tax,paperwork,etc...etc,it just aint worth the agro you'll have enough on your plate without worrying about your bike!!

Country roads here are f...k..g great,some real good twisties in the hinterland were probably the only danger is hitting another bloody biker!

Then depending on your finance and get a bike for the road and a
KTM( if it aint orange then it must be a lemon) dirtbike.

As for fast reaching 40 bloody hell i'm 45 and going grey...people do a double take when i take me lid off.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
If it was me i'd sell em both...customs,tax,paperwork,etc...etc,it just aint worth the agro you'll have enough on your plate without worrying about your bike!!

Country roads here are f...k..g great,some real good twisties in the hinterland were probably the only danger is hitting another bloody biker!

Then depending on your finance and get a bike for the road and a
KTM( if it aint orange then it must be a lemon) dirtbike.

As for fast reaching 40 bloody hell i'm 45 and going grey...people do a double take when i take me lid off.
cheers trigger,

I'll have to keep in touch with you so when we get out there you can show me some of those twisties.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 10:12 pm
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future

I've imported my bike/scoots over here.

From memory:

Each one cost 150 extra to crate up.
Each one was about 2 cubic metres, so cost about 900 each in shipping
Both of these values are in Euro.

Usually they have to be picked up from the shippers rather than delivered so another trailer/van hire trip (mine made a mistake and agreed to deliver).
Registration for the personal import involved 2 trailered trips to QLD Gov, and a trailered trip to get the road safety check.
About 40 dollars each to get the compliance plates made up.

Its apparently a lottery on if AQIS will require them to be steam cleaned on arrival (150 dollars I'm told).

Depends on how 'standard' they are, but modifications might entail an engineering check, and I know of one board member who is jumping though hoops with this at the moment.

My thoughts..if they are irreplaceable, sentimental value or something, then ship them. Otherwise lots of hassle and expense, when you an just walk into the dealer down in Slacks Creek (between Gold and Brisbane) wave cash, and get a deal on a brand new one...

And I'd get a road legal one rather than a full off road bike, there are beaches up the sunshine coast that are legal highways, so you can drive/ride on them. It is an amazing experience..
Old Aug 14th 2007, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Angry Re: GOLD COAST BIKERS

Hi all

just wondering if they have 'white van men' out there?

Just got out of Brighton General after one of the twats pulled out on me last week!!
The result:
broken left kneecap and torn cruciate ligament
2 broken metatarsils in right foot
broken right wrist
whiplash/neck muscular injuries
general bruising all over
Broken bike
who knows how long on crutches and off work!!!!

I would have decked the arsehole when he said ''but i didn't see you'' if i could've bloody stood up..i was on my KTM 640 single with a straight thro pipe that can be heard from friggin miles away and a full beam glaring out in front of me just so knobs like him ''DO F****NG SEE ME!!!''

Please tell me that Amtrax transit delivery man/blind wanker isn't on the MODL!! FFS :curse: :curse: :curse:
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:00 pm

Hi all

just wondering if they have 'white van men' out there?

Just got out of Brighton General after one of the twats pulled out on me last week!!
The result:
broken left kneecap and torn cruciate ligament
2 broken metatarsils in right foot
broken right wrist
whiplash/neck muscular injuries
general bruising all over
Broken bike
who knows how long on crutches and off work!!!!

I would have decked the arsehole when he said ''but i didn't see you'' if i could've bloody stood up..i was on my KTM 640 single with a straight thro pipe that can be heard from friggin miles away and a full beam glaring out in front of me just so knobs like him ''DO F****NG SEE ME!!!''

Please tell me that Amtrax transit delivery man/blind wanker isn't on the MODL!! FFS :curse: :curse: :curse:
Sorry for the bad news....but it's worse WHITE UTE SYNDROME...you only get one "flash" on the indicator then its move over no one and I mean no one checks over their shoulder,theres a big ad campaign on at the mo advising bikers of the safety aspect.

Maybe it's something to do with Qride and being able to do a 2 day course then buy any size bike you fancy....

I've got a yoshi pipe on my bike and my neighbours hate me.....DILLIGAF

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.