Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast Areas to live??

Gold Coast Areas to live??

Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice
Default Re: Gold Coast Areas to live??

Originally Posted by paulhill
There will be 10,000 houses once all the building work has finished. The Display Village will be closing in about 12 months time as there will be no more land to purchase.

Pacific Pines isnt an estate is is actually a place like Benowa, Southport etc and believe it or not I live on a quite cul-de-sac!

Therefore I will try an answer you question about 9000. I hope this helps
Thanks for the reply, we currently live on a development of about 1600 houses and we quite like socializing with neighbours and having them over for beer or coffee.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by paulhill
I agree, some people will tell you how good/bad an area is after only driving through it. Also once you have lived here for a few weeks/month you will get you own impression .
This is true. I would go with the adice given earlier in this thread ( by me and others!!!) to get here, get over the stressful goodbyes and journey, get in a car and get a feel for the areas!!

The Gold Coast is huge... new and old, beach and bush, busy and quiet. It has something somewhere for you which ONLY you can sense. Which is why all us expats have spread out far and wide!!!

However I dont think you will need months to find your place... I have only been here 9 weeks and am happy where i am and a pal of mine bought her piece of paradise and started building plans within 2 weeks of arriving!!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

shark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant future

just about to book my first rental for when i arrive
found 2
can,t decide between Biggara waters opp the beach or Runaway bay on the water front
its only for a few weeks while we settle , already booked a hire car

Last edited by shark bait; Mar 17th 2008 at 8:34 pm.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:34 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shark bait
found 2
can,t decide between Biggara waters opp the beach or Runaway bay on the water front
i would go with runaway bay. Marine prde is a very busy road and the taxi drivers fly though it
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

keenymeeny has a spectacular aura aboutkeenymeeny has a spectacular aura aboutkeenymeeny has a spectacular aura about

found 2
Runaway Bay-much better area
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Caddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really nice

I will be working at the Gold Coast hospital in Southport
Could anyone please tell me if Robina is commutable in 30 mins ?

Any other suggestions that are 30 mins or less - Preferably South

Alison xx
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:28 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Caddy the cat lover
I will be working at the Gold Coast hospital in Southport
Could anyone please tell me if Robina is commutable in 30 mins ?

Any other suggestions that are 30 mins or less - Preferably South

Alison xx
Robina to gold coast hosp....15 mins on a good day. but we dont get too many of them lol. you will be looking at 25-40 depending on the traffic.
pac pines is about 10 mins on a good day, 20-30 most days.
look at both areas on the map then draw a circle
that will give you all the areas you want to live in

soapy
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 3:24 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newcastle
Hi

We are currently seriously thinking about emigrating to Australia. The Gold Coast appeals to us. Can anyone advise where the best place to live is where a family with a 4 year old and new baby would be happy. At the minute we are a long way off as we have a business and a few properties to sell 1st, but I would like an idea of nice family areas so we know how much capital we would have to raise to live happily out there.?

Thanks
Hi just thought I would also add to the debate... I currently live in Benowa which is avery established suburb... But expensive.. Schools are good and we utilize both primary and High School... Although I work in Coomera and there is a lot of growth in this area... If I hadn't already settled in Benowa I would ceratinly consider Coomera on the Coomera Waters side. Genesis is a nice Estate and they have lots of extras which other Estates don't have. A lovely place for the children too.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 5:23 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
Hi just thought I would also add to the debate... I currently live in Benowa which is avery established suburb... But expensive.. Schools are good and we utilize both primary and High School... Although I work in Coomera and there is a lot of growth in this area... If I hadn't already settled in Benowa I would ceratinly consider Coomera on the Coomera Waters side. Genesis is a nice Estate and they have lots of extras which other Estates don't have. A lovely place for the children too.
ah but you would be too far away from the pub
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Caddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really nice

Originally Posted by soapy
Robina to gold coast hosp....15 mins on a good day. but we dont get too many of them lol. you will be looking at 25-40 depending on the traffic.
pac pines is about 10 mins on a good day, 20-30 most days.
look at both areas on the map then draw a circle
that will give you all the areas you want to live in

soapy
Cheers Soapy - Much appreciated

Alison x
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 4:12 pm
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

Hi.
We have just booked a 3 week rental in Runaway Bay...Bay View Waters i think its called and it looks great.
We intend to have a good look around in that 3 weeks and try to get the feel of places before we try getting a rental for longer.
Thought Runaway Bay looked lovely and it was also the cheapest quote we got!!
Janice.

found 2
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

shark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dreams of Oz
Hi.
We have just booked a 3 week rental in Runaway Bay...Bay View Waters i think its called and it looks great.
We intend to have a good look around in that 3 weeks and try to get the feel of places before we try getting a rental for longer.
Thought Runaway Bay looked lovely and it was also the cheapest quote we got!!
Janice.
cheers !
i booked that place on friday
for a couple of weeks in december
looks ok .
let me know how u get on
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

Lived in Robina then Mudgeeraba both nice and easy access to every where
including M1 up to Brisbane. Then Bonogin, very beautiful and still easy access to all the Coast has to offer without some of the downsides.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 4:30 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
ah but you would be too far away from the pub

That's why we have drive thru bottle shops !!! nice few beers by the Barby !! Then fall home .... Jx