Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast Areas to live??

Gold Coast Areas to live??

Old Mar 8th 2008, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Gold Coast Areas to live??

Waiting until you arrive, book a hotel for a few weeks and drive around is probably the best advice.

Before leaving Wales I would have bitten your hand off for one of the houses in Hope Island or Upper Coomera I saw on realestate.com. However after driving around both of them I wouldnt live there if you paid me!!!

(Nothing really wrong with them before the residents decend on me, just too far up!!!)
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Personal opinion?

None of them - it's a crime ridden, bogan addled hole!

We had every intention of heading to the GC...that is, until we stepped out of the car and saw the filth everywhere (in the gutter and walking the streets)!!

Remember people - it's my opinion - it's allowed

Head NOR - mucho nicer and far more sophisticated!
Yes fluffy is allowed his opinion, but folk don't be put off by what he's said! We've been here over 6 months, northern end of the GC, and let me tell you it is certainly not a crime ridden, bogan addled hole :curse: There isn't filth everywhere either, in fact that's one thing you do notice, lack of rubbish in the gutters! So unlike the UK. It's the best of both worlds here, right on the edge of the beautiful hinterland, easy access to lovely Mount Tamborine, and Springbrook Rainforest, easy access to the stunning GC beaches. Remember if he was on about a sat night at surfers, it's only a couple of streets! Easy enough to stay away from the place!

Last edited by curly; Mar 8th 2008 at 10:27 pm. Reason: Edited to add something
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

I completely agree!!!

And even Surfers isnt THAT bad!! We were there last night, granted it was early, but its ok... quite entertaining I think!!

I am so glad we chose the Gold Coast.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

paulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nice

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi,

There was a thread about mozzies and midges and all the advice that was given was "don't move anywhere with water or lakes in the name !! They said that Coomera Waters was terrible and you can't go outside with the mozzies and midges. We are looking at Pacific Pines as it seems to have what we are looking for. Good luck to you

We live at Pacific Pines and found it very centrally to everything, the beach is 10/15 minutes away, the local mall is 3 minutes away. Mozzies and midges are a pain to everyone however so are the flies but you learn to live with them. If you would like ant further information regarding the Gold Coast and/or Pacific Pines please pm me.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by paulhill
We live at Pacific Pines and found it very centrally to everything, the beach is 10/15 minutes away, the local mall is 3 minutes away. Mozzies and midges are a pain to everyone however so are the flies but you learn to live with them. If you would like ant further information regarding the Gold Coast and/or Pacific Pines please pm me.

I would love to know which beach is 10 minutes from Pacific Pines!!! I am about 10 mins from the beach and i can see its skyline!!
I suppose you could almost be could be 10 mins by police car at 3am!!!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:46 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Yes fluffy is allowed his opinion, but folk don't be put off by what he's said! We've been here over 6 months, northern end of the GC, and let me tell you it is certainly not a crime ridden, bogan addled hole :curse: There isn't filth everywhere either, in fact that's one thing you do notice, lack of rubbish in the gutters! So unlike the UK. It's the best of both worlds here, right on the edge of the beautiful hinterland, easy access to lovely Mount Tamborine, and Springbrook Rainforest, easy access to the stunning GC beaches. Remember if he was on about a sat night at surfers, it's only a couple of streets! Easy enough to stay away from the place!
Ditto this.

We live right on the southern end of the GC and like to keep how nice it is to ourselves as we dont want everyone moving here!!!

Best to have a good look around when you get here as what's one mans meat is another mans poison.

C x
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:55 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

So right, we went and took a look at Pac Pines a while back and, whilst we could see why people like it, decided it wasn't for us
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:36 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nerine
So right, we went and took a look at Pac Pines a while back and, whilst we could see why people like it, decided it wasn't for us
Aye, Soapy lives there - good enough reason for anyone to live elsewhere!!!!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:10 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Personal opinion?

None of them - it's a crime ridden, bogan addled hole!

We had every intention of heading to the GC...that is, until we stepped out of the car and saw the filth everywhere (in the gutter and walking the streets)!!

Remember people - it's my opinion - it's allowed

Head NOR - mucho nicer and far more sophisticated!
is this your real opinion fluffy or is it a random comment just to get someones back up ??
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:02 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve`o
is this your real opinion fluffy or is it a random comment just to get someones back up ??
Possibly!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:15 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Nail and Head spring to mind!!!

Hi Steve C x
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:16 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiels
Nail and Head spring to mind!!!

Hi Steve C x
talking nails how the renovations coming along ??
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:19 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

talking nails how the renovations coming along ??
about time you came for another look!!!

Finished that decking yet?? C x
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

thebaggos is an unknown quantity at this point

As mentioned before, keep Southern GC to ourselves eehhh!!!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:43 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by thebaggos
As mentioned before, keep Southern GC to ourselves eehhh!!!
Which bit you heading to? C x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.