Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gold Coast Accomodation & things to do

Gold Coast Accomodation & things to do

Old Nov 11th 2009, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of
Default Re: Gold Coast Accomodation & things to do

Originally Posted by comet555
From what I can see from your posting history I haven't seen you contribute anything to the forum
I don't really feel qualified to comment on a vast majority of the threads posted on here, however, I hope I have helped people in the past with Ormiston College, Bayside Suburbs, some lifestyle issues and of course learning to fly.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 4:22 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by doub
I don't really feel qualified to comment on a vast majority of the threads posted on here, however, I hope I have helped people in the past with Ormiston College, Bayside Suburbs, some lifestyle issues and of course learning to fly.
I do apologize about that... it was badly phrased. What I was really try to get across was the contributions in the last 18 months or so. I didn't delve back any further than that when I had a look. I'm not say you never contribute, it's just that I can totally see how your recent post was deleted based on the comments in the last year and a half.

There have been a lot of threads/posts lately that have been deleted because people were selling or promoting things. Which I'm thankful for because I don't want to see the board degrade into a classifieds section. I do think there should be a seperate more noticeable area for people who have information on accomadation, rental cars, relocation companies, etc. Also the classifieds section is there but needs a major overhaul (in my opinion).
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

deedee_b will become famous soon enoughdeedee_b will become famous soon enough

I work in a hotel so I can suggest a few guest favourites...

Dining... Alfresco Italian Restauarant on Surfers Paradise Boulevard, it is a very authentic family run restaurant, the food is excellent.

Koi in broadbeach.. yum!

To do:
Extreme Jet-boating is great fun.
Zorbing is hilarious, but expensive.
Tamborine mountain nearby is good for wine tasting and having a look around, the place is beautiful and there are many walks that you can do.
Tropical fruit world as mentioned is also an interesting place.

There's to name a few. most hotels have brochures on what to do around town if you dont fancy any of those and the information centres in town are also very helpful with holiday plans.

Hope you have a great time!