Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

gold coast accomodation help please??

gold coast accomodation help please??

Old Mar 5th 2007, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

bluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to all
Default gold coast accomodation help please??

Hello,

After much research, me and my partner have finally decided that we will be settling on the Gold Coast! We were wondering if anyone knew the best and worst areas to live.

Obviously we will be on a budget, we are in our mid-twenties with no kids and will be looking to rent an apartment to begin with.

Any help/advice would be great!

Thanks

Jen and Paul
Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: gold coast accomodation help please??

Hi Jen and Paul

We are in the same boat as you. We are a couple heading to the Gold Coast hopefully in May and I am starting a college course there. We will be renting too. We are looking at Southport as it will be within walking distance to the college and the apartments seem to be ok value. Ideally would like to live on Main Beach just be be next to the beach but there is not a lot available for our budget. Please let us know how you get on with the info on suburbs though as we might have to look further afield later on.

Good luck

Est n Sambo
Old Mar 5th 2007, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sambo76
Hi Jen and Paul

We are in the same boat as you. We are a couple heading to the Gold Coast hopefully in May and I am starting a college course there. We will be renting too. We are looking at Southport as it will be within walking distance to the college and the apartments seem to be ok value. Ideally would like to live on Main Beach just be be next to the beach but there is not a lot available for our budget. Please let us know how you get on with the info on suburbs though as we might have to look further afield later on.

Good luck

Est n Sambo
Hi There

Gold Coast arrivals have a brilliant website for relocation services - www.goldcoastarrivals.com

Its a family business ran by an English family who have emigrated themselves
Basically the service offered is specifically for people in your situation to provide short term accomadation before you find a more permament place to live - they will even pick you up from the airport.

I have yet to find a bad place in the gold coast - Southport is nice - my mum works in the medical centre there and my lil' sis is a hair dresser in Pacific fair - Also there is a nice RSL there!

Good Luck - The gold coast is amazing xx

Last edited by emmyjc1; Mar 5th 2007 at 5:35 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 6:50 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluenose27
Hello,

After much research, me and my partner have finally decided that we will be settling on the Gold Coast! We were wondering if anyone knew the best and worst areas to live.

Obviously we will be on a budget, we are in our mid-twenties with no kids and will be looking to rent an apartment to begin with.

Thanks

Jen and Paul

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426100

may not suit you if your on tight budget though

regards steve
Old Mar 5th 2007, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

<<Admin Edit - Post removed. Please read our site rules. We do not allow posts to be made in the forum for the sole reason of advertising. Instead please use the other facilities on offer including the connections forum, the links and classifieds section.>>

Last edited by Sue; Apr 7th 2007 at 2:54 pm. Reason: Advertising post removed
Old Mar 6th 2007, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Jayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really nice

Originally Posted by bluenose27
Hello,

Thanks

Jen and Paul
<<Admin Edit - Post removed. Please read our site rules. We do not allow posts to be made in the forum for the sole reason of advertising. Instead please use the other facilities on offer including the connections forum, the links and classifieds section.>>

Last edited by Sue; Apr 7th 2007 at 2:54 pm. Reason: Advertising post removed