Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

gold coast accomodation

gold coast accomodation

Old Feb 15th 2003, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all
Default gold coast accomodation

i have read on this site that when you first arrive in adelaide there is some help in finding somewhere to rent for the first few months and in perth there is some expats who have a scheme to assist new arrivals.
anyway, anyone know of anything in tweed heads / gold coast?
i regularly check the estate agents but not actually contacted anyone yet as its a bit early, we plan to go aug/sept.
thanks
karen
Old Feb 15th 2003, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I don't recall reading anything that says Queensland has anything like Adelaide. You could try Jeremy Irons website which has lots of info. The web site address is :
http://userweb.caloundra.net/jeremy/

Hope this helps a bit.

Ps Why Virginia when you get to OZ?

Regards

Ginny
Old Feb 16th 2003, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all

its my middle name and i'm sick of explaining how to pronounce karen. i was named after my mom's nowegian friend and the empasis is on the KAR. and i figure - new life, new name!
wonder if i'll be a ginny!
Old Feb 17th 2003, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Stan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant future

The problem you'll have with renting on the Gold Coast is that it's so tourist orientated that they'll want to get tourist rates ... there's lots of that kinda stuff for rent.

Tweed Heads probably a lot less touristy ... now if you're looking for an up and comming place what about Kingscliffe ?

Here's the local paper website .. http://www.gcbulletin.com.au/
Old Feb 17th 2003, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks stan,
kingscliffe is in our "area" so we may look a little deeper. actually anywhere from byron bay to palm bay is where we are looking and inland a mile or two.
karen