Gold coast

Old Apr 19th 2011, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Gold coast

For the record I live in Broadbeach Waters on water 5 minutes to the beach by car.

10 minutes to the motorway and the rest is simple, everyone can give you their opinions but I would suggest renting and living in an area before you fully commit.

Redland Bay is probably 40 minutes to Brisbane cbd and then best part of an hour to the beach at the weekends. We lived in the bayside suburbs for a couple of months and it was a little bit too quiet for us. After 2 months of house hunting we kept on returning to the beach to unwind and have a little bit of fun which felt like a holiday and one day the penny dropped and we decided to live there.

As nice as Hope Island is, its very new and half an hour from the centre of the Gold Coast as its on the very northern end of the Gold Coast.

Still wishing you good luck and no offence to anyone who I have disagreed with, just my opinions.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Jason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really nice

That's interesting to know, how far is the North gold coast to Brisbane by car ?
Thanks for the help
Jason
Old Apr 19th 2011, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

Probably about 50 minutes on the early morning run depending on how far away from the motorway you are.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Jason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really nice

50 min, that's fine
I've been used to hour and half tube rides to site in London and 2 hour car rides up and down the M4 corridor
These posts really are helping, many thanks
Jason
Old Apr 19th 2011, 11:33 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

50 minutes? What time does this morning run start? 4am?
Old Apr 19th 2011, 11:56 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
I know, I swear I'm living in a parallel universe.

Maybe Northern Gold Coast encompasses Northern Mount Gravatt Right On A Freeway On-Ramp these days ...
Old Apr 19th 2011, 12:00 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jason mears
50 min, that's fine
I've been used to hour and half tube rides to site in London and 2 hour car rides up and down the M4 corridor
These posts really are helping, many thanks
Jason
Only if they are realistic, look, suffice to say realistic commuting from the Southside is ****ed.

I am not saying this to be inflammatory, this comes from six years of doing it and right now I'm trying to find work to avoid exactly this situation.

Better to be forewarned, it might not be rosy but it is realistic.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 12:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I know, I swear I'm living in a parallel universe.

Maybe Northern Gold Coast encompasses Northern Mount Gravatt Right On A Freeway On-Ramp these days ...
Old Apr 19th 2011, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

The ideal situation is getting a construction position out of Brisbane closer to the gold coast , but speaking to the agencies, the chance of this is minimal so I'll assume the worst Case scenario of an hour each way, anything else is then a bonus !
Old Apr 20th 2011, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bcworld
If you had read my earlier posts I leave at 4.45am every day.....have been doing it for years, as I said before....from Broadbeach Waters an hour and from the northern end about 50 minutes. Anyone working in construction knows that building sites start in Queensland at 6.00am so we are used to the early run. We also finish earlier so do not hit as much traffic in the evening run.

I worked for years in and around London and the traffic here is nothing compared to what I used to go through.

My mate lives in Maudsland and leaves at 5.00am and it takes him approximately 45-50 minutes everyday in the city.