The Gold Coast

Old Dec 29th 2007, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

ulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant future
Default Re: The Gold Coast

Melbourne definately, the Gold Coast is a holiday destination. Having lived at uni in Bournemouth for 4 years and taken 5+ holidays on the Gold Coast, it definately isnt for living for me.

It isn't corporate enough for my line of IT work and I can't command the money there that I can here in Melbourne.

I enjoy it as a holiday destination but there are lot of teens especially around the tourist beach areas at nights and certain times of the year that can get rowdy and noisy.

Yes Melbourne is wetter than the Gold Coast but we are still in the grips of a drought here and rain makes a welcome change occasionally.

Forgot to add, I have friends who are a bit older up there who enjoy all the bowls centres (lawn) but are only there because their grand children are, otherwise they would be elsewhere.

Oh and isn't it the Gold Coast/Surfers beaches and that area of Queensland bracing for a potential cyclone this weekend and into New Years Eve?! I am sat here at about 35degrees next to a packed beach

Best to visit both and decide from there

Last edited by ulpul; Dec 29th 2007 at 2:33 am.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 3:24 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Oh shit i have been described as edgy before but never bohemian,think im going to have to move in next door to you Vimto
Good job 'next door' is a fair way away then, we can communicate by semaphore but don't ignore the 'this land is mined' signs

Thinking about the mines, we didn't tell the chooks so maybe that accounts for our missing member.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 4:44 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carbery
I've never been to Victoria but a large proportion of my customers have relocated from there to the GC that must say something.
Lets face it, how many ppl are we collectively aware of that have moved from qld to vic ?

I agree it seems qld is the destination for interstaters.

However, ask the question to a Victorian, and im sure they would say equally there are lots of banana benders moving their way..

I spose its just when someone leaves, they hardly tell you where they are going..

Its the ones that arrive and we ask or they tell, that possibly inflates the numbers migrating into qld
Old Dec 29th 2007, 5:43 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Lived on the GC for a few years been to Melbourne on a 2 day trip not what I imagined but then again neither was Sydney...

Gold Coast personally loved it go back as often as possible fabulous place.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 6:48 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ulpul
Melbourne definately, the Gold Coast is a holiday destination. Having lived at uni in Bournemouth for 4 years and taken 5+ holidays on the Gold Coast, it definately isnt for living for me.

It isn't corporate enough for my line of IT work and I can't command the money there that I can here in Melbourne.

I enjoy it as a holiday destination but there are lot of teens especially around the tourist beach areas at nights and certain times of the year that can get rowdy and noisy.

Yes Melbourne is wetter than the Gold Coast but we are still in the grips of a drought here and rain makes a welcome change occasionally.

Forgot to add, I have friends who are a bit older up there who enjoy all the bowls centres (lawn) but are only there because their grand children are, otherwise they would be elsewhere.

Oh and isn't it the Gold Coast/Surfers beaches and that area of Queensland bracing for a potential cyclone this weekend and into New Years Eve?! I am sat here at about 35degrees next to a packed beach

Best to visit both and decide from there
Think the cyclone is headed a bit further north from here but there was still an awesome swell at Burleigh this morning. The red flags were up but people were still in the water. Temp this afternoon was high 20s, windy but very pleasant.

Don't like Surfers that much myself, I prefer the beaches further south and the hinterland anyway. Love Robina as a place to live and shop - relaxed, pretty and modern and not as brash as some of the other areas. Love Tamborine too, Vim is lucky to live up there.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We didn't have high 20s Not seen a lot of sun either, not since about a week ago but I think we have some sort of micro climate here - probably my parallel universe.

Kapri, I don't know what you're looking for or need. We never lived in a city before we moved so it seemed daft to move to one here although obviously being out in the suburbs is different. I don't want to live anywhere else but that's because it suits us and the work we need is here. We were up in Brissie on Christmas day, that's the first time in many months and probably only the fourth time since we arrived 2 years ago. I don't like the top half very much, don't hate it, just wouldn't like to live there. I have a few pics of what the Gold Coast is really like on my blog. Feel free to check them out.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:17 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
We didn't have high 20s Not seen a lot of sun either, not since about a week ago but I think we have some sort of micro climate here - probably my parallel universe.

Kapri, I don't know what you're looking for or need. We never lived in a city before we moved so it seemed daft to move to one here although obviously being out in the suburbs is different. I don't want to live anywhere else but that's because it suits us and the work we need is here. We were up in Brissie on Christmas day, that's the first time in many months and probably only the fourth time since we arrived 2 years ago. I don't like the top half very much, don't hate it, just wouldn't like to live there. I have a few pics of what the Gold Coast is really like on my blog. Feel free to check them out.

So right the GC is nothing like Surfers.

I lived in Currumbin in a beach front apartment near the Vikings surf club great place, then Palm beach, and when I 1st went out there was in Terranora NSW just over the boarder in Bilambil heights a bit out of the way but beautiful scenary over mount warning..
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:57 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20

I live by the sea and surrounded by glorious countryside here in the UK so I'd like to have the same in Australia. I don't want to live IN a big city but I'd like to live near one.
It's important to me that I live in an area where there is plenty of work because I know what it's like to be stuck in a job I don't enjoy and to not have the option to leave.
I know from experience that it's very difficult to find all those things in one place. We are pretty much decided on Mornington peninsula but as i have never been there I think it's good to research other options just in case
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:17 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kapri
I know from experience that it's very difficult to find all those things in one place. We are pretty much decided on Mornington peninsula but as i have never been there I think it's good to research other options just in case
Believe me you will love it down there.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:20 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Believe me you will love it down there.
I haven't heard of anyone yet who doesn't like it.
I'd be happy near the dandenongs too. It looks so beautiful. OH is adamant that he wants to be near the sea though.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:24 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Pen the part of the GC we live in is nothing like surfer's!!!! Would'nt want to live in Surfer's!!!!! C x
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:25 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I'd be happy near the dandenongs too. It looks so beautiful. OH is adamant that he wants to be near the sea though.
With the new freeway opening middle of next year you will only be half hour from Dandenongs. You can nip up here for a BBQ.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:48 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

We go down to the beach each night around 6-8pm. Tide comes right in this week on the lovely white sand. Its only 400 metres from our house so young 4 year old walks all the way and back.

With Melbourne you will enjoy the summer and beach but also have the autumn cool too look forward to, and then onto Winter with snow skiiing and early morning frosts, then to Spring and back again too another summer.

The east link looks to open now in March 08 and July 08 (different segments opening first). As it is before the summer break it was only taking me 50 mins to get into Port Melbourne/City Road from Seaford.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 11:44 am
Happy migrant

Originally Posted by Bordy
With the new freeway opening middle of next year you will only be half hour from Dandenongs. You can nip up here for a BBQ.
Can't wait
Old Dec 29th 2007, 11:46 am
Happy migrant

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
We go down to the beach each night around 6-8pm. Tide comes right in this week on the lovely white sand. Its only 400 metres from our house so young 4 year old walks all the way and back.

With Melbourne you will enjoy the summer and beach but also have the autumn cool too look forward to, and then onto Winter with snow skiiing and early morning frosts, then to Spring and back again too another summer.

The east link looks to open now in March 08 and July 08 (different segments opening first). As it is before the summer break it was only taking me 50 mins to get into Port Melbourne/City Road from Seaford.
You moved from Malvern then?
We will probably have a look around seaford. It looks like an easy commute to frankston and Dandenong.
have you still got rentals there or are you living in it now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.