Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Going to Perth- need friends!!

Going to Perth- need friends!!

Old Mar 19th 2003, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

loulou74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going to Perth- need friends!!

I have been reading messages on this site for ages. I don't post very often but really feel it is time that i put my cards on the table. Me and Neil are heading to Perth on 9th April, and like many other people we do not know many people in Perth. There seems to be many people on this site who are going over the next couple of months, or just settled there, and I was really thinking of organising a get-together. It seems such a pity to read everyones messages, and occasionally write my own, and never meet anyone.

So DONT BE SHY. Mail me and I will organise something. It would be great fun to meet you all, and if all goes well you get an invite to my birthday party next January!! (it will be a good one!)

Louise
Old Mar 19th 2003, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Jackie & Ian is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Louise and Neil

Great to hear that you are making the big move in April - Congratulations..

We are still going through the visa process, but hope that we won't have to wait to long.

What a great idea - yes, we would like to keep intouch and as you will be down there in April, perhaps you could send reports back to us lot here, who are waiting with antisipation for their visas ?
What a birthday party that would be for you ..

All the best - Ian & Jackie
Old Mar 19th 2003, 9:19 pm
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Louise and Neil

Good luck on your move.

We're hoping to have our visa's in the next week or two. (I've probably tempted fate now!)

With luck we'll be flying to Perth mid July.

Keep in touch and we can throw a few get togethers over the coming months.

Do keep posting and let us know how things are going.

Steph
Old Mar 19th 2003, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Garland is on a distinguished road

Great Idea and its nice to know there are a few of us in the same boat (or plane!!) I too would really like to organise a get-together but as we are just selling the house etc there doesn't seem much hope at the mo. of confirming dates etc..but we are hot on your heels!! Good Luck with the move and I hope you and others will stay in touch..our e-mail address is on the board. Please let us know how you get on!
Old Mar 20th 2003, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Thank you all for messages. Have sent you all Private messages or e mails.

Anyone else who would like to meet up please do not hestiate to mail me, and I will organise it.

Louise
Old Mar 20th 2003, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Perthplease is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Loulou74/all

We fly out with the chimps on the 30th June, hopefully to Duncraig/Carine catchment area, hopefully we will meet up sometime during July.

See ya soon.

Send me a PM I have some info for you.

PP
Old Mar 20th 2003, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

mandandbri is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Louise

We are flying out on 7th April and are going to be Billy no Mates too it would be really good to meet up . I hope you like Australian chardonnay!!

Amanda
Old Mar 20th 2003, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Amanda- have sent you PM, but forgot to say I love Australian Chardonnay and would be happy to share a few bottles with you.

Look forward to your reply.

Louise
Old Mar 20th 2003, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Did someone mention Oz chardonnay, only thing keeping me going at the moment!

Love to meet up with you all!

Loopy
Old Mar 20th 2003, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Your right Loopy. If I had mentioned Chardonnay to begin with, thousands would have replied. Now its been mentioned I feel like a glass!
Old Mar 20th 2003, 5:50 pm
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We are Neil and Rachel, we have 2 kids Anna and Ben. We are hoping to fly out beggining of may and would love to meet up with you. We are fortunate and already have pen pals who have made the move, so have some friends to visit, but I,d love another.

Please keep in touch

Rachel
Old Mar 20th 2003, 8:58 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

We are yvoone and kev and 3 kids!
hopefully arriving late august spetember time.
we have contact with a few families who have recently migrated and would put you in touch with them if you like.
Grub from this site has also a list of people who are going to perth so you could email her....

good luck to everyone
Old Mar 20th 2003, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

springflower will become famous soon enough

Hi

We are Jan and Ray and two kids, mike and brad and we are waiting to hear if we have been granted our 457IE visa. Hopefully soon! We will be flying out to Perth as soon as everything is arranged, although we hope to live in Busselton further south, but would love to meet up with everyone too.

9th April... not too far away now, good luck on your move.

Jan :-)
Old Mar 20th 2003, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

delia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Going to Perth- need friends!!

Originally posted by loulou74
I have been reading messages on this site for ages. I don't post very often but really feel it is time that i put my cards on the table. Me and Neil are heading to Perth on 9th April, and like many other people we do not know many people in Perth. There seems to be many people on this site who are going over the next couple of months, or just settled there, and I was really thinking of organising a get-together. It seems such a pity to read everyones messages, and occasionally write my own, and never meet anyone.

So DONT BE SHY. Mail me and I will organise something. It would be great fun to meet you all, and if all goes well you get an invite to my birthday party next January!! (it will be a good one!)

Louise
hi louise

we are dean, delia and max (7)

we are also going to perth after a lot of indecision about where to settle and i'm getting really scared now. we are just waiting on our police checks to come through and are hoping to go just after xmas, although if dean had his way we would book a flight as soon as our visa's came through. It would be nice know a few other people when we get there though so keep in touch.

Last edited by delia; Mar 20th 2003 at 10:24 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2003, 7:47 am
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again loulou

Hope you are going to get a big house, this party in January is looking as if it could be a whopper. Carnt wait. See you soon.
Keep in touch

Rachel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.