Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

going to oz for 12 months baggage weight etc

going to oz for 12 months baggage weight etc

Old Jan 25th 2004, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default going to oz for 12 months baggage weight etc

Can anyone give me info and tips etc on taking luggage on qantas airlines i am in a few days going over to oz for 12 months and already by backpack is full and weight about 20kg thats all i am allowed really but i want to take more.

I want to take another bag with stuff in it is this possible i maybe have to pay extra for this and maybe i will not if they did what would the cost be each kg.

i cant leave anything back and i want to take all my stuff i have looked out with me but im worried about what might be said.

i will have one backpack weight 20kg another bag not sure yet these will go in the hold of plane and i am taking on a small backpack on the plane with me, do they take the weight of the carry on luggage as well.

i really cant leave anything and would rather pay that extra than have to buy stuff over there but not if its going to cost a lot for extra weight.

I have been lucky in the past with taking bags etc on planes over weight but im sure something might be said here can anyone give some info and maybe some tips etc.

and yes i know to solve this i take less but i dont want to.

please can anyone give info on this as i need to pack everything up now and am not sure if anything i can leave.
Old Jan 25th 2004, 7:14 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Can't really help much but:

you can take 5 kg's for handluggage + something extra like a laptop or a handbag.

And some people here talk about a company called 'Excess(sp?) baggage' or something for small amounts of stuff. Do a search for it.

Good luck!!

Old Jan 25th 2004, 7:19 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Simone82
Can't really help much but:

you can take 5 kg's for handluggage + something extra like a laptop or a handbag.

And some people here talk about a company called 'Excess(sp?) baggage' or something for small amounts of stuff. Do a search for it.

Good luck!!

Hi

Excess baggage have a unit at Heathrow airport and you can just drop you're stuff off when you leave. Check out their website www.excessbaggage.com. Definitly cheaper than paying an airline for excess baggage!!