Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Going for our spouse visa interview on friday, can anyone tell us what to expect?

Going for our spouse visa interview on friday, can anyone tell us what to expect?

Old Jun 21st 2006, 9:35 am
Just Joined

zigsters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going for our spouse visa interview on friday, can anyone tell us what to expect?

Having applied for a spouse visa about a month ago, we have now been called in for our initial interview. Can anyone shed some light on what this might involve?
We are pretty sure all our forms and stuff were in order so don't expect any problems, but has anyone had a bad experience? What sort of questions are asked? Are we interviewed seperately or together etc
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:18 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Going for our spouse visa interview on friday, can anyone tell us what to expect?

Originally Posted by zigsters
Having applied for a spouse visa about a month ago, we have now been called in for our initial interview. Can anyone shed some light on what this might involve?
We are pretty sure all our forms and stuff were in order so don't expect any problems, but has anyone had a bad experience? What sort of questions are asked? Are we interviewed seperately or together etc

Bump
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going for our spouse visa interview on friday, can anyone tell us what to expect?

I would think that they only want to see for themselves that it is a genuine spouse visa case, and not one that is solely for the purpose of getting a visa. We ended up not having to have an interview as when we lodged the forms in person, we turned up with all four kids and the lady said that she could see that we were in a lasting relationship.
Good luck anyway with your interview I am sure it will be fine
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future

We are submitting our spouse Visa for me to sponsor my OH at the beginning of July and have a feeling we might also be asked for an interview. Would be very interested to hear how you get on and what questions they ask.

Good luck for the interview.

Tonik
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't I answer this for you already?

You will be interviewed seperately most likely if you can't prove many years living together and will be asked questions very similar to the statements you had to ask.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute

How strange, I was granted a spouse visa today but I have never been asked to go for an interview
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Poppett44
How strange, I was granted a spouse visa today but I have never been asked to go for an interview
Congratulations!

Did you apply in the UK? I will be submitting my application in London and I hear the turn around can be as little as a week at the moment. How long did it take for your vias to be granted from submitting the application?
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute

I heard a week too, (am in the UK) but as I have children from a former marriage it took quite a bit longer than that! never mind we got there in the end
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

No, neither was I (mind you, it was 4 yrs ago) things may have changed....
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tonik25
Congratulations!

Did you apply in the UK? I will be submitting my application in London and I hear the turn around can be as little as a week at the moment. How long did it take for your vias to be granted from submitting the application?
Hiya,

I applied in London...turned up, plonked the paperwork on the counter....the woman went out the back with my passport, came back 2 or 3 mins later with the visa attached.....easy as that!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by midwifetanya
Hiya,

I applied in London...turned up, plonked the paperwork on the counter....the woman went out the back with my passport, came back 2 or 3 mins later with the visa attached.....easy as that!!!
Great - well I hope it is that easy for us! All very encouraging news, thanks.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by midwifetanya
Hiya,

did both you and your partner go into the office?
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 7:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it depends on length of relationship or nationality of spouse. I didn't get asked and got it inside a week but that was a couple of years ago.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I think it depends on length of relationship or nationality of spouse. I didn't get asked and got it inside a week but that was a couple of years ago.
Hiya,

Ours took 4 working days in Aug last year, BUT my sister and her (Italian) hubby are now applying in London also (where we did). They had to send additional information, but did so about 2 or 3 weeks ago and are still waiting. They have been married for almost 3 years, together longer than that and have a 7 month old bub also. So not sure what the delay is......

S
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rpa34
did both you and your partner go into the office?
Hiya,

No, my husband stayed at home with the kids....couldn't face taking them down to the Strand on the tube :scared:

Tanya

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.