Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

going off the idea!

going off the idea!

Old May 30th 2003, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

pott is an unknown quantity at this point

How about Shrewsbury P.B ? Quite nice there.
Old May 30th 2003, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Well that beats my hovel hands down , I am trying to get $320k but its not really a family home.
Had a kid never again thanks , still got dogs might think over the fish.
We are looking at West of Birmingham its near to where we can get work and close to where our son lives , like I said the first stop maybe Kinver.

http://www.stourbridge.com/htm/kinver.htm

If your thinking of communting from Kinver to Brum then rather you than me:scared:
Give us an idea of your plans and I'll give you the nitty gritty
Old Jun 1st 2003, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

golden girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default going off the idea

Snap ellen I seem to feel the same.

Got back from Perth with my hubby 3 weeks ago and now feel even more confused!

Yes I think Australia seems a great place - I'm not sure about Perth though it seemed dare I say it, a bit dull. So much so that we changed our flight and flew back 6 days early!! BUT that could be that the realism of how hard it is to get here just gave us the hump and we thought whats the point of being here, lets just get back home and forget it. In an ideal situation my husband would love to get a job before we arrive but of course with 98% of the employers out their not being interested in you until you have permanent residency that seems highly unlikely. I just feel completely fed-up with it all. Some days its 'yeh lets go for it' another day I think 'no its too risque'. We do have a good life style here and earn really well - I'm sure its a case of the big unknown - I wish I had a crystal ball!

What will make you decision to go or stay - I can't answer that question but perhaps you could?

c ya
Old Jun 1st 2003, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

bryank is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: going off the idea

Originally posted by golden girl
Snap ellen I seem to feel the same.

Got back from Perth with my hubby 3 weeks ago and now feel even more confused!

Yes I think Australia seems a great place - I'm not sure about Perth though it seemed dare I say it, a bit dull. So much so that we changed our flight and flew back 6 days early!! BUT that could be that the realism of how hard it is to get here just gave us the hump and we thought whats the point of being here, lets just get back home and forget it. In an ideal situation my husband would love to get a job before we arrive but of course with 98% of the employers out their not being interested in you until you have permanent residency that seems highly unlikely. I just feel completely fed-up with it all. Some days its 'yeh lets go for it' another day I think 'no its too risque'. We do have a good life style here and earn really well - I'm sure its a case of the big unknown - I wish I had a crystal ball!

What will make you decision to go or stay - I can't answer that question but perhaps you could?

c ya
er..um....if Perth felt dull, then why didn't you consider Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane?
Old Jun 1st 2003, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

ellen1 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi GG,
thanks for reply,
we are still confused, but because we havn't even started the process yet, we are going to look into other places, this site has really put us off perth! so we are going to look at adelaide or even melborne, we have relies in Camberra (who are going to sponsor us) but that dosn't appeal much (weather too much like uk!). sister in law migrates in 2 weeks to perth, so we will see how she settles (she's a nurse) so we won't completley give up on perth yet! and the end of the day, contary to what some people on this site may think( pb etc) getting jobs is no 1 important for us, i am a social worker, hubby is a college lecturer, so we may have to settle where ever the best prospects are.

cheers ellen
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:06 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by GetMeOutOfHere
If your thinking of communting from Kinver to Brum then rather you than me:scared:

No but who cares? spent 45 mins going nowhere in Perth again because its raining?

Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:07 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pott
How about Shrewsbury P.B ? Quite nice there.

Love to but too far away from my sons home.

Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:30 am
Banned

Originally posted by GetMeOutOfHere

Crap hole Kinver but this should do for a while until we sort out a hovel to live in?

Kinver £695 monthly 3 Bedroom Other
KINVER HIGH GROVE BARN, COOKLEY LANE A well presented three bedroom barn conversion with accommodation to comprise: Entrance hall, lounge, kitchen,...
Attached Images  
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 1:49 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Crap hole Kinver but this should do for a while until we sort out a hovel to live in?

Kinver £695 monthly 3 Bedroom Other
KINVER HIGH GROVE BARN, COOKLEY LANE A well presented three bedroom barn conversion with accommodation to comprise: Entrance hall, lounge, kitchen,...
Palsky, found the deal for you:
How many empty homes are there in England?
No need to convert to soggy pounds!
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 1:51 am
Banned

Originally posted by Megalania
Palsky, found the deal for you:
How many empty homes are there in England?
No need to convert to soggy pounds!

All good news?

Buying a house is still well within the means of most Britons, despite three years of double-digit property price growth, according to new research.
Mortgage lender Cheltenham & Gloucester (C&G) said low interest rates meant that mortgage repayments still accounted for a relatively low proportion of take-home pay.

The company said homeowners spend on average 33.4% of their income on mortgage repayments, down sharply from 71.3% at the height of the last house price boom in 1990.

Meanwhile, homeowners who split the cost by buying as a couple spend just 18.8% of their pay on housing costs, compared with 33% in 1990.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/2955268.stm

Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:01 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

All good news?

Buying a house is still well within the means of most Britons, despite three years of double-digit property price growth, according to new research.
Mortgage lender Cheltenham & Gloucester (C&G) said low interest rates meant that mortgage repayments still accounted for a relatively low proportion of take-home pay.

The company said homeowners spend on average 33.4% of their income on mortgage repayments, down sharply from 71.3% at the height of the last house price boom in 1990.

Meanwhile, homeowners who split the cost by buying as a couple spend just 18.8% of their pay on housing costs, compared with 33% in 1990.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/2955268.stm

Ah dear, you can bring a Pom to a gift house, but can you make him look.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:04 am
Banned

Ah dear, you can bring a Pom to a gift house, but can you make him look.
Look at it this way what comes out at the arse end of the body , same in world terms?

Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:10 am
Banned

Look at it this way what comes out at the arse end of the body , same in world terms?

Absolutely, look at all the excrement coming out of the north.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:31 am
Banned

Absolutely, look at all the excrement coming out of the north.
That we agree on?

Old Jun 3rd 2003, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: going off the idea!

Originally posted by ellen1
maybe its a combination of things, maybe its because i'm exhausted after just completing a thesis, maybe its the lovley summers day we have just had, maybe its the negative posts on this site, maybe its old age (38), maybe finding out how hard it is to get a job in perth (the place of my dreams) or maybe i have just become disolusioned with the whole thing!
who knows and most probaly nobody cares!
as my granny says, "sleep on it and things will look different in the morning"

ellen
Don't go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.