Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Going/Gone Alone?

Wikiposts

Going/Gone Alone?

Old Aug 11th 2003, 12:57 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default on me todd and buggering off to auz.

hey dillon,

it sounds like you're in a similar boat to me, with one exception. The reason why i'm going is because i'm on my todd! if i don't go now i might be tied down with a wife and kids before i know it. Nothing to loose everything to gain,... live life while you can with no regrets... and all that kindah stuff.

Just do it!

(ok that's what i'm telling myself anyway, i thought you might need to hear the same. )

Well at least you're working towards or have already gotten your visa, i'm just in the middle of getting my skills assessment papers together. I've got an awfully long way to go yet... :S

The first step is always the hardest, as long as you don't fall flat on your face climbing over the kerb you'll do fine.

Leigh
Old Aug 11th 2003, 4:44 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by chippy
Yes I did. Now I get it. Christ I've read so many post now. Must stop...can't...break..free...must... switch...off...computer....
Intuition led you to the right answer. Beep beep!

Mr Nutter - too much sun, too much waiting, too much stress!
Old Aug 11th 2003, 6:58 am
up the boro!

denhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant future

hi dillon,
yep i`m also going on my tod, i even went there last year for a month by myself. obviously it would be nice to go with someone i knew but sometimes you have just got to do these things yourself if its what you want to do.
my goal is to stay in oz for 2 years, then at least i can apply for citizenship and it wont of been for nothing.

as someone said on here before
"regret the things you dont do, not the things you have done"

all the best and if you want to chat then just pm me..
Old Aug 11th 2003, 7:14 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by denhim
hi dillon,
yep i`m also going on my tod, i even went there last year for a month by myself. obviously it would be nice to go with someone i knew but sometimes you have just got to do these things yourself if its what you want to do.
my goal is to stay in oz for 2 years, then at least i can apply for citizenship and it wont of been for nothing.

as someone said on here before
"regret the things you dont do, not the things you have done"

all the best and if you want to chat then just pm me..
Another one for you denhim...'those who do what they always did can expect what they always got.'
Old Aug 11th 2003, 8:12 am
Just Joined

dillon is an unknown quantity at this point

Strewth,

Never expected a response like this!

Thanks a million you lot. Really encouraging… and of course you are all right.

I’m not going to give away that hard won visa, and reckon I will be giving Qantas a call when it starts getting a bit chilly here in Blighty……so probably next week then.

Thanks again
Really good to know there are people out their willing to take the time.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 10:39 am
Carol in Oz

Originally posted by Wanderlust
Looks like I'm going on my todd.
Tried to get my partner to go, but he won't leave his cushy job in London. As much as I care about him, the idea of living (possibly) the rest of my life in/around London fills me with dread - if I had to stay cooped up here I'd slowly suffocate and die.
Nah - I prefer to be in the wide open spaces, sitting on top of a mountain, diving in the ocean, riding through the desert..... aaaaah. Can't wait!

W.

Now that sounds like a plan!!

Old Aug 17th 2003, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

weefi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dillon
Strewth,

Never expected a response like this!

Thanks a million you lot. Really encouraging… and of course you are all right.

I’m not going to give away that hard won visa, and reckon I will be giving Qantas a call when it starts getting a bit chilly here in Blighty……so probably next week then.

Thanks again
Really good to know there are people out their willing to take the time.

Hi,
Go for it! Iwent out to Brisbane with 2 mates for 2 years and came back to UK to see how I'd feel being home. Been home 6 months,got my permanent residency and getting organised to go back to live,on my own this time.
The UK will always be here if it doesnt work out and you'll regret it if you dont give it a go. The Aussies made me feel really welcome from day one and I've got a lot of good mates out there so you won't be on your own for long I'm sure!!
If you're in Brisbane I'll let you know the best places for a cold beer!!
PS Queenslands great!

All the best,
Fi